PDA

View Full Version : Head on Pass

Ohms
Dec-19-2011, 19:28
Tonight i was accused of purposely ramming an opponent.As anyone who has flown with me or against will know i try to play within the rules and would not intentionly ram anyone.Head on collision are always possible but as my aircraft kept flying with only an oil leak maybe i actually shot him down instead.Like i said i try to play buy the rules and would NOT ram anyone on purpose.

End of Rant

ATAG_EvangelusE
Dec-19-2011, 19:54
Take no notice Ohmi! It happens for all sorts of reasons in game - it happened in real combat and still happens in air displays!

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-19-2011, 20:09
Don't give it a second thought. It's tough running a nice, tidy war. ;)

Dutch
Dec-19-2011, 22:47
TUT.

TUT.

TUT.

You should know better than to fly head on into the enemy.

It's not as if Fighter Command did it for real!

Oh, hang on a minute...........:salute:

335th_GRAthos
Dec-20-2011, 04:16
Shame on you Ohmie :no LOL just joking....

Yeah, I was there reading the chat....

So in summary, someone accused you that you did not "chicken" early enough in order to avoid his plane and not hit him...:laugh:
Actually, the whole discussion was unreal. That guy was just cheesed off because his plane was destroyed, yours was not - well he had a point there and since Luthier wasnot there, you were probably the most convenient alternative...;)

I think head on passes are what they are today.
#1. As long as you know your real life is not at stake why would you even bother to jinx? If you die, refly...
This is the major flaw in the equation and it can not be fixed (unless if you start imposing unfair or severe penalties e.g. you die on a head on, you are banned for 3hrs from flying) then you will see how much less head on pass will occur.

#2. The bad thing of the game at the current state is that the damage model for crashes appears to have a lot of flaws. Sometimes both planes crash in a big fireball which is OK but, sometimes one keeps flying with minor damage (the other destroyed), sometimes one keeps flying with major damage (I have nursed planes back to home with a lot of wing sawn off). Even worse, the latter possibilities are very bad for the credibility of the game.

Life goes on...

PS. Cudos to the Huricane (was that you Ohmie?) in front of the coast of England I was exchanging head on passes with, four head-on passes! The last one damaged my gunsight so I had to disengage and run home...
It was unfair (chiq), I had already placed all my guns hits at your cockpit during the first side pass :0: LOL

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-20-2011, 11:06
This can be a packet problem also. Over on the Rise of Flight I have actually been killed by collisions and the apponent pilot flys away unscathed. Infact I have a track video of two of my friends flying against each other where a collision suppossidly takes place and one crashes and the other looses a wheel.

The video shows that they never touched. True it could be out of sink anywhere between the three of us on the internet. But it does happen and more so than we might realise.

shrivey
Dec-20-2011, 12:57
War is hell.

Ohms
Dec-20-2011, 19:04
Thx Guy's
I would like to say sorry for flying into Grathos today,after all my protestations of innocents that I don't do that kind of flying I flew right into him!:uhoh

*Helo*
Dec-20-2011, 22:58
For me 7 out of 10 head on engangements end for me with a collision, especial when we meet on a relatively short distance :eek: :eek: . Sometimes itґs strange that with the current Damage Models, a Spitfire gets vaporized by a 110, and the 110 is still keep on flying.

Concerning ramming, I only intentionally rammed alambash over Falkstone while he was flaying low and slowly. Apparently he can fly tighter turns with the 109 than a SPitfire at that speed for some reason. I only had 200 rounds in the guns and after having been dry and he was now smoking but still flying, it was the only punishment I had for him in mind. Magically, my para chute opened and brought me savely back to grounded soils whereas alambash crashed on the outskirts of Hawkinge airfield.

XE9O
Dec-21-2011, 12:49
~S~ Ohmie,

It has happen also to myself, Head on are part of the game, even i 1946.
I try to avoid them , Just remember in head on crash it take two. Don't worry about it.

XE90:eek:

Doc
Dec-24-2011, 20:03
It happened in real war and it will happen in the virtual war.