PDA

View Full Version : Any News on the Hedgerows and Refuel/Rearm?

Chivas
Mar-13-2014, 15:01
Has there been any progress?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-13-2014, 15:04
Has there been any progress?

Hedgerows kill FPS.
RR is ATAG server only not a TF utility.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-13-2014, 19:10
When you say RR is ATAG server only, do you mean that it is an available option now or with 4.3, it becomes available as an option within the server?

How do we get this implemented in the server? I think it is a must!

:salute:

No601_Swallow
Mar-14-2014, 03:03
Rearm and refuel is, I assume, a script created by hardworking ATAG boffins. It'll work when the script is part of the mission, I suppose. For now they're keeping it to themselves, as is their right, I hasten to add. When my son starts (and finishes) compulsory script-boffin college in Bangalore, I'll be getting him to devise one for us!

Apeoftheyear has a youtube vid to explain how to use it on ATAG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-_BSQQQLoQ

Shame about the hedgerows though. I fantasized that there might be a way of adding a texture layer like one of Oleg's original forest layers in IL2. It'd miraculously look like something from above, but be more or less invisible on the ground. But even if that was possible, though, it'd have been a hell of a lot of work...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-14-2014, 03:20
Shame about the hedgerows though. I fantasized that there might be a way of adding a texture layer like one of Oleg's original forest layers in IL2. It'd miraculously look like something from above, but be more or less invisible on the ground. But even if that was possible, though, it'd have been a hell of a lot of work...

No one is giving up on the idea of hedgerows... there have been several experimental versions, but they have not made it into a finalized build due to the enormous amount of work which would be required to place them consistently on a map of this size, as well as issues of framerate hit, etc.

But I know this idea is lurking in the back recesses of our terrain boffins enormous brains... hopefully sometime to be unleashed on an unsuspecting public. :salute:

No601_Swallow
Mar-14-2014, 03:39
But I know this idea is lurking in the back recesses of our terrain boffins enormous brains... hopefully sometime to be unleashed on an unsuspecting public. :salute:

Where can I buy my I "heart" TF tee-shirt?:thumbsup:

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-14-2014, 08:38
Thanks for the info and video. I will remember that and just keep trying it.. haha