PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Patch v4.3 delayed until March 18th 2014. Here's the great reason!

Mysticpuma
Mar-16-2014, 17:18
Yes, we know....we hear the collective nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo........from the community, BUT, there is a really important reason!

A bug was found in the smoke effects and this needed to be corrected. While digging into the issue and correcting it another long standing bug....one of THE MOST irratating bugs was found trying to hide away and stay un-noticed. Well, I have the pleasure of saying our guys dug in dip, chiselled it out and now in the final compile of v4.3, no-longer will you see the following happen ;)

Going:

Going:

Gone ;)

Did you see it? Okay, check out the group of ships...to the left of the clouds?

For those of you new to CloD, this has been a really tiresome bug and it meant that any ground targets or objects or ships, no-matter where they were in relation to the clouds, would still appear in front of them. This would make you think it was an aircraft, have you chasing around for it, only to find it was a static object on the map for which the dot identifiers would appear in front of the clouds.

This is fixed. Crushed, killed...DEAD! ;)

But, this has meant that a new compile of Patch v4.3 has had to be built and it wont be uploaded for Beta testing until tomorrow (Monday the 17th :( )

However the rest of the Beta testing has gone well and as this is the only addition to the compile, we are now on track to get v4.3 out on Tuesday instead. We just need to make absolutely sure of the final compile on Monday and it'll be done.

Of-course, we're sorry for the false hope of Monday, but, this fix would maybe have been another year away before v5.00 hit the internet and it was felt it was just too important not to squeeze in.

TF apologises for the inconvenience, please share the news with your friends as we don't want too much disappointment on Monday!

Seriously though, it was too big a fix not to squeeze in.....cheers, TF

priller26
Mar-16-2014, 17:23
Thanks, you have to do what you have to do.:thumbsup:

trindade
Mar-16-2014, 17:38
No problem on the delay, and a big thank you for your hard work.:thumbsup:

BlueHeron
Mar-16-2014, 17:39
Man, that fix is totally worth waiting another day! Well done, TF.

Archie
Mar-16-2014, 17:40
Happy you finally got that bug!

rob3rt
Mar-16-2014, 17:50
No need to apologise MP. Thanks for the update.

EAF51_Walty
Mar-16-2014, 18:00
Go on guys! No need to apologize!
Thanks for the great work and effort :salute:

Steuben
Mar-16-2014, 18:07
delayed again.......must hold back tears.....must.....

:sobbing:

midge
Mar-16-2014, 18:16
Hi guys thanks for the info,that bug got excited more than a few time[aha one of the bu&&£rs is there!]So i'm happy to wait nps.

Also it means i can now say---

ARE WE THERE YET!:-P

Flyby
Mar-16-2014, 18:42
Thanks for the update. BTW, any word on the need to work around when trying to select a different plane other than the default one at a spawn point (Win8.1)? For now trying to select a different plane renders the game unresponsive (CTL-ALT-DLT; Task Manager, end process. Restart game. The work-around: Spawn in again (accepting the default plane), create. Sit in cockpit; escape. Re-spawn. click on default plane, then make a selection. OK. Ready to fly). A bit tedious to do this. Also this is not limited to multiplayer. Need a little help.
Flyby out

DUI
Mar-16-2014, 18:51
Nice bug fix!

Is it only ground objects that are not visible through clouds anymore or also air contacts?

9./JG52_J-HAT
Mar-16-2014, 19:01
For that bug I'd wait two days longer! That's great!

(MP you got the pictures are in the wrong order. Gone is actually the second pic. It took me a while to notice any difference before I read your description of the bug fix)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-16-2014, 19:13
Thanks for the update. BTW, any word on the need to work around when trying to select a different plane other than the default one at a spawn point (Win8.1)? For now trying to select a different plane renders the game unresponsive (CTL-ALT-DLT; Task Manager, end process. Restart game. The work-around: Spawn in again (accepting the default plane), create. Sit in cockpit; escape. Re-spawn. click on default plane, then make a selection. OK. Ready to fly). A bit tedious to do this. Also this is not limited to multiplayer. Need a little help.
Flyby out

Go to your launcher.exe file in C:/Programs (x86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover

Right click your mouse on launcher.exe

Left click on the Properties tab

Left click on the Compatibility tab

Select Windows 8 compatibility

Left click on Apply/OK

You should then be good to go.

dburne
Mar-16-2014, 19:15
Looks like a good bug to squash while you can, should be well worth the extra day!
I am traveling for work this week anyway :(

Really looking forward to when I return!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-16-2014, 19:18

Agree bigtime!:thumbsup:

This is a huge bonus in the gameplay dynamics. The cloud's transparency would actually ANNOUNCE an approaching aircraft, now it looks like clouds can be used to ambush an enemy aircraft or cover your escape -- both historical.

5./JG26_Krass
Mar-16-2014, 19:33
That is one very annoying bug squashed! Excellent work guys.. definitely worth the wait.

Much appreciation for all your hard graft on this super update :dthumb:

No.401_Alpine
Mar-16-2014, 19:51
One day for this fix?No problem.:thumbsup:

-Sven-
Mar-16-2014, 19:56
Excellent news! More immersion and hopefully somewhere to hide from now on!

Salmo
Mar-16-2014, 20:29
Nice bug fix! Is it only ground objects that are not visible through clouds anymore or also air contacts?

The 'objects visible through clouds' bug has only just been found by one of TF's talented wizards & hopefully squashed. Just a litlte more testing is needed to further confirm preliminary results & to make sure that the fix hasn't broken something else in the game. At this stage it looks like all ground & air objects "behind" or "in" the clouds are no longer visible through the clouds.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-16-2014, 20:34
Nice bug fix!

Is it only ground objects that are not visible through clouds anymore or also air contacts?

+1 in this question

I wish to hide in clouds and ambush.

NM... just beat me to it Salmo, thanks! Cant wait.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-16-2014, 20:37
All dots.

Crazy-Canuck
Mar-16-2014, 20:42
Thanks. MP, keep on bug huntin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLakWAdsY0

ATAG_Jeepy
Mar-16-2014, 21:00
Great news ..despite.. ;-)
~S~ TF'n THX !

StormBat
Mar-16-2014, 21:02
Are you kidding me, everybody is going to be pissed tomorrow, But that's only because it's St. Patrick's day.:-P Drink and be Merry :cheers:

Catseye
Mar-16-2014, 21:11
Subjectively,

Notwithstanding all the other great and valuable changes made by TF, I think this is the greatest breakthrough since the altitude breakthrough!!

Sort of a comparison between the invention of the zipper and sliced bread. :)

Cats . . .

Phantom-103
Mar-16-2014, 21:54
Thanks for the info......Cheers!!!

GERMANWOLF
Mar-16-2014, 22:32
Nice work tf !!

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-16-2014, 23:16
TF apologises for the inconvenience,

What inconvenience?....As far as I can see I have over 1000 hours of pure fun mostly due to a group of folks who took time out of their lives and hard work to make that happen....and for free....No inconvenience here....hehe.....only humble gratitude.....

You swat those bugs fellas......and take your time....~S~

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/1copy_zps2e73ccd1.jpg

Wulf
Mar-16-2014, 23:17
That particular bug is the bug that bugged me the most. It was a real pain. This is great news. Well done TF.

JG5_Emil
Mar-16-2014, 23:23
That particular bug is the bug that bugged me the most. It was a real pain. This is great news. Well done TF.

Agreed definitely one of the worse bugs, one day extra is well worth seeing the back of that one.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-17-2014, 00:12
Superb work, just superb ... this fix adds a whole new dimension to tactics ... Bravo guys.

~S~

mop
Mar-17-2014, 03:05
Remember the ghost dots bug? Flying around after phantom formations of bombers... That was another annoying bug, IIRC also fixed by TF.

Either way a TF patch is required to enjoy this game the way it was meant to be.

This is a great find. Thank you Team Fusion!

Joker
Mar-17-2014, 03:17
good call TF, do not rush that last steps nevertheless, 24hrs in the scheme of things is a non issue.

I'll be delighted not to be chasing those dots for sure.

Meaks
Mar-17-2014, 03:28
No problem here either,you guys are doing a great job,I'm sure we'd all agree on that,do what you need to do guys :thumbsup:

jaydee
Mar-17-2014, 03:49
That is a great reason to delay the patch. Removing the "dots" just adds to the "Realism" of TF/COD.
I see this as "Bonus" to TF4.3 !..
Thank you TF for all your effort to enhance and "Realise' the huge simming experience that is COD !..
Much appreciated ! ~S~

majklbeer
Mar-17-2014, 04:03
GOOD WORK:thumbsup:

310_cibule
Mar-17-2014, 04:16
Fantastic piece of news. Happy to wait one more day to get it. Thx guys.

Mysticpuma
Mar-17-2014, 05:41

(MP you got the pictures are in the wrong order. Gone is actually the second pic. It took me a while to notice any difference before I read your description of the bug fix)

Oooops....sorted ;)

speedone
Mar-17-2014, 06:22
That bug fixed is totally worth the wait! :-) Very happy to hear you guys squashed that Bug!!!

... and of course all the other additions and fixes are worth the wait too ;-)

Osprey
Mar-17-2014, 06:23
A worthwhile fix to the rendering order. That stuff always did do my head in so brilliant, great fix and worth a day :)

heinkill
Mar-17-2014, 06:47
Wha? How am I supposed to see my target through the clouds now? Unfair!

http://taetim.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/baby-crying-pinterest.jpg

Biggles07
Mar-17-2014, 07:45
Very grateful for your work chaps and thanks kindly. :) Really looking forward to it.

trademe900
Mar-17-2014, 07:47
Not fair! Bombers won't be able to bomb bases seeing through the clouds now :skydive:

This is frickin' dope! :salute:

Good lord some of you guys show incredible patience, I was actually going a bit deranged this morning waking up to see that word 'delayed', haha. The wait these last few days has seemed like a monumental deceleration of time.

J2_Sturm
Mar-17-2014, 07:53
Not fair! Bombers won't be able to see the bases bombing through the clouds now!

This is frickin' dope! :salute:

Yeah, but fair's fair - the base FLAK wont be able to shoot you through the clouds anymore. :stunned:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-17-2014, 08:05
The wait these last few days has seemed like a monumental deceleration of time.

Snapper's Theory of Relativity: "The actual duration of five minutes depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on."

:)

(not my idea, actually, but stolen from somewhere! LOL)

Flyby
Mar-17-2014, 10:49
Go to your launcher.exe file in C:/Programs (x86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover

Right click your mouse on launcher.exe

Left click on the Properties tab

Left click on the Compatibility tab

Select Windows 8 compatibility

Left click on Apply/OK

You should then be good to go.
Thank you Snapper. I'll give it a spin and report back on the result.
Flyby out

UPDATE! I gave it a spin, and it worked. I could change the plane without the game ceasing to repsonding. Only one little problem. My joystick no longer works. I have not tried to reboot the PC since the change to win8 compatibility mode, so I'll try that now.

Flyby
Mar-17-2014, 11:09
OK, restarted the PC, then went back into the game, and everything was OK. I backed out of the game, then went in again, and it's all good now. Thank you again, Snapper.
Flyby out

Katdog5
Mar-17-2014, 11:30
huuuge!

Mudcat
Mar-17-2014, 11:46
2 birds with one stone, squashed a bug and kept my wife from getting ticked off at me because I would have been playing CloD tonight on our anniversary. Now I don't have to worry about that one :)

JuLB
Mar-17-2014, 12:00
Excellent news guys!

Thank you Team Fusion!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-17-2014, 12:07
OK, restarted the PC, then went back into the game, and everything was OK. I backed out of the game, then went in again, and it's all good now. Thank you again, Snapper.
Flyby out

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Oersted
Mar-17-2014, 12:25
Wauw!
That was a totally
HUGE
bug!
- So glad to have it fixed. I had gotten so used to it, thought it'd never go away. Now clouds will finally serve their purpose!

trademe900
Mar-17-2014, 14:52
I know this is bordering on pestering you guys at this stage but it is the 18th right now over here in New Zealand and Australia, do you have any idea of the time it will be accessible? Is it still 7pm GMT, give or take?

heinkill
Mar-17-2014, 15:04
Yeah! I'm in the suburb of Montagne, Noumea! It's nearly the 19th here! GMT means Greater Montagne Time, right?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-17-2014, 15:07
In Narnia is still the 12th.
Patience guys :)

Topgum
Mar-17-2014, 15:32
You are apoligized & honoured for your endurance and bugfindingskills :thumbsup:
merci

nacy
Mar-17-2014, 15:50
Bravoooo La Team-Fusion......................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbRFcepqw3E&feature=youtu.be

v3teran
Mar-17-2014, 15:51
Ive only just downloaded this game and ive hardley played it yet and there's another update.
Good work Team Fusion!

Blitzen
Mar-17-2014, 17:09
I believe I'll wait for this amazing long awaited patch over at Rick's...
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/conradveidt_zpse03bf778.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/conradveidt_zpse03bf778.jpg.html)

Pickle72
Mar-17-2014, 17:27
Ive only just downloaded this game and ive hardley played it yet and there's another update.
Good work Team Fusion!

Ditto,
Ive just started seriously mapping my stick. Ive only played a handfull of offline training and quick missions. Tis a great time to discover TF and CoD!

:dthumb:

FAE_Cazador
Mar-17-2014, 17:49
Snapper's Theory of Relativity: "The actual duration of five minutes depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on."

All of you, listen, listen, to the wise man. As real as life itself!

:bravo:

joker68
Mar-17-2014, 19:14
TF rulez.
I think now is finally a good time to fly online. For good.
This is the definitive CLOD resurrection on my PC, if you ask me. You guys deserve a medal.
Cheers

2./JG54 Chumleigh
Mar-17-2014, 19:39
Are you kidding me? If there's anything that Team Fusion isn't obliged to do - it's to apologize... for anything... ever...

Great news!

Catseye
Mar-17-2014, 20:19
In Narnia is still the 12th.
Patience guys :)

. . . . . . . for the next 300 years. :)

Stefan
Mar-18-2014, 04:24
today is the 18th. where is it? where to download?

TheVino3
Mar-18-2014, 04:36
today is the 18th. where is it? where to download?

Oh the curse of being in front of the international date line. I've often damned those lazy bastards still wasting time in yesterday :grrr:

Mysticpuma
Mar-18-2014, 04:45
Look, there is only one place in the world where the proper time exists and that is GMT. Now all you people who can't be bothered to move to England...well, it's your own fault :devilish:

Archie
Mar-18-2014, 04:53
look, there is only one place in the world where the proper time exists and that is gmt. Now all you people who can't be bothered to move to england...well, it's your own fault :devilish:

qft!

No601_Merlin
Mar-18-2014, 05:03
Thanks for all your efforts TF

:salute: