PDA

View Full Version : Stuka School

III./ZG76_Keller
Dec-23-2011, 21:52
Alright gentlemen (and ladies?), since new people are joining the Cliffs of Dover community every day I thought I'd take the time to introduce those that are interested to the fine art of flying the Stuka.

The JU-87 isn’t fast, she’s not well armed, and she’s not going to win any beauty contests; but if flown properly, there’s no better way to drop 700 kilos of ordanance into Churchill’s backyard with pinpoint accuracy.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/585/stukaschool.jpg

This "course" is aimed at those that are either new to Cliffs of Dover, or that have very little to no experience flying the venerable Sturzkampfflugzeug.

The Stuka is one of the tougher single engine planes to learn to fly in Cliffs of Dover, but once you know what you have to do; she can be one of the most rewarding.

I’m going to see what kind of interest this "course" will recieve and go from there; for now I’m thinking that 2 or 3 pilots at a time would be the most productive size group to deal with.

I will write up a little "Things you need to do to get started" and we’ll go from there.

Please post your interest in this thread and we’ll deal with it on a first-come, first-served basis.

Dec.24/2011 Addition: Here are labeled images of the Stuka cockpit and its indicators/controls.

335th_GRAthos
Dec-24-2011, 06:26
Very nice poster Keller! :happy

This "course" is aimed at those that are either new to Cliffs of Dover, or that have very little to no experience flying the venerable Sturzkampfflugzeug.
Well I am not very new to CoD and have reasonable experience with both JU87 models of IL2FB. However, I have never bombed with the CoD Stuka so I would appreciate some information regarding setting up altimeter for bomb release, automatic recovery, etc etc.

~S~

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-24-2011, 08:22
Sign me up ....... And she may be an Ugly Duckling ...... but we ALL know what happened to the Ugly Duckling ...... :happy

III./ZG76_Keller
Dec-24-2011, 22:39
Very nice poster Keller! :happy

Well I am not very new to CoD and have reasonable experience with both JU87 models of IL2FB. However, I have never bombed with the CoD Stuka so I would appreciate some information regarding setting up altimeter for bomb release, automatic recovery, etc etc.

~S~

I'd be glad to share with you my findings, the whole "new or little to no experience" disclaimer was just to make clear that I am by no means the greatest online Stuka pilot ever. I don't want to come off as some kind of ace here, just looking to add to the number of Stukas in the sky on ATAG.

Sign me up ....... And she may be an Ugly Duckling ...... but we ALL know what happened to the Ugly Duckling ...... :happy

This ugly duckling was slaughtered at the hands of the RAF and relegated to the Eastern Front. ;)

I figure I can have you guys comfortable with the Stuka in anywhere between 30-90 minutes, so even 1-1 times could be a possibility. If we can get a few more people to get together at the same time Bliss or WatchMan will password protect server#2 so that we can fly without worry of enemy fighters.

I'm in Toronto Canada so I'm running Eastern Time and I'm on holidays until January 3rd. Let me know some times that will work for you guys and we'll set something up. :salute:

Doc
Dec-25-2011, 00:59
Keller read your PM M8. :dthumb:

ATAG_Striker
Dec-25-2011, 07:51
stuka boot camp here i come cant waittttt:inq:

MajorBorris
Dec-26-2011, 15:46
Cool! I want to try a stuka too:thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Dec-26-2011, 17:07
I hadn't ever flown the stuka until the 1st bomber nite missions. I must say it was a
hoot and as Keller has said u can be quite proficient in them in about an hour or so.
Keller has them down to a fine art. And wasn't it u and me Keller that shot down
poor George Preddy twice in his Spit IIa in our stukas ? lol now that was fun. Dont
try and turn fight with a stuka particularly after they have ditched their ordinance.
They can turn in a telephone booth :)

III./ZG76_Keller
Dec-26-2011, 18:09
I hadn't ever flown the stuka until the 1st bomber nite missions. I must say it was a
hoot and as Keller has said u can be quite proficient in them in about an hour or so.
Keller has them down to a fine art. And wasn't it u and me Keller that shot down
poor George Preddy twice in his Spit IIa in our stukas ? lol now that was fun. Dont
try and turn fight with a stuka particularly after they have ditched their ordinance.
They can turn in a telephone booth :)

Haha! Yep, that was a great afternoon!

Biggus
Mar-01-2012, 08:38
Any chance of another Stuka school? I figure that I should probably start learning a few Blue bombers, and I can't think of a more entertaining one to start with!

:)

Doc
Mar-01-2012, 09:17
Anytime you'd like. We give instruction on TS3 though so join in and give us a shout we'll do it.

Biggus
Mar-02-2012, 08:53
Cheers for that. I'll keep my eyes out for you on comms.

Atreides
Mar-04-2012, 19:27
Hi all,

Regarding the Stuka, I dropped the following from a Stuka onto a tanker:
1x SC-500_GradeIII-J
4x GP Bomb, SC 50, GradeII, Body Type J

After the automated drop I saw a big explosion right in the middle of said tanker. It didn't sink nor show a smokestack afterwards. Did I use the wrong bombs for a ship or does it simply need more than 700 Kgs of explosives?

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-04-2012, 20:42
I think we're having some issues with the ships in server 1, seems like the last couple don't want to go down, no matter what you throw at them. If the bombs went off you did everything right.

Atreides
Mar-04-2012, 21:56
Ok, thanks for the quick answer.

I noticed today the Stuka is indeed quite a formidable bomber. The only downside is a situation which involves you in a Stuka and an enemy fighter :runaway:

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-05-2012, 09:02
Not necessarily, I've taken down many a fighter in 1 on 1's with my Stuka.

Just this weekend I encountered a Spitfire at 2500m South of the French point, he made a fatal mistake and I was able to turn advantage and shoot him down.

I didn't even drop my bombs so I even got to continue on to my target.

Atreides
Mar-05-2012, 09:48
Cool, if there's to be a new session of the Stuka School count me in.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-05-2012, 10:06
Anytime I'm on Teamspeak all you have to do is ask, though if you're already flying and dive bombing as well as it seems you are I may not have much to teach you.

Royraiden
Mar-12-2013, 14:47
Is this still going?I would love to learn how to bomb with the Stuka and also the 110.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-12-2013, 15:11
Hi Royraiden, if you see me on Teamspeak come say hi. We can grab a couple Stukas and I'll show you how to fly it. Best to wait for the TF patch for the 110 though. :thumbsup:

Royraiden
Mar-12-2013, 21:18
Hi Royraiden, if you see me on Teamspeak come say hi. We can grab a couple Stukas and I'll show you how to fly it. Best to wait for the TF patch for the 110 though. :thumbsup:
Ill contact you as soon as I replace my broken mic :)

stemar
Mar-13-2013, 06:08
Hi Keller,

Can i contact you on TS if i see you there to get some expirience with Ju87?

Thanks in advance!
stemar

ATAG_Colander
Mar-13-2013, 10:26
You can contact anyone in ATAG and we will be happy to help in what we can.

Royraiden
Apr-25-2013, 14:21
Can the Stukas be flown by humans on the ATAG server?If I could learn the basics I wouldnt mind flying it from time to time.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-25-2013, 14:35
Can the Stukas be flown by humans on the ATAG server?If I could learn the basics I wouldnt mind flying it from time to time.

yes it can. not used very much as the 110c7 is faster to target. the old Dunkirk map was better suited to the 87. its a nice plane to fly.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-25-2013, 14:35

They certainly can. Sorry for not getting back to you last night royraiden, I ended up getting very sidetracked. Message me tonight if you're around and we'll take some Stukas out for a ride.

Royraiden
Apr-25-2013, 15:08
They certainly can. Sorry for not getting back to you last night royraiden, I ended up getting very sidetracked. Message me tonight if you're around and we'll take some Stukas out for a ride.
Sure thing, and dont worry about that, the fact that you are always helpful is appreciated.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-25-2013, 21:01
Count me in Keller and Roy, I'd love a Stuka 101 course. I'm 5./JG27 Ziegler on the server.

Royraiden
Apr-27-2013, 23:33
Had my first go at dive bombing with the Stuka tonight with the help of Keller and it was really nice.I hit the target on the first run so either Im very lucky or I had a great instructor :thumbsup:. We should totally get to fly the stukas more often.