PDA

View Full Version : Flickering shadows since TF4.3

E-69 Siegfried
Mar-18-2014, 23:08
Sorry for my bad english...

Yesterday, my Clod TF4.0 runs well. Today erase all cache directory, installing TF4.3 and I ran CloD. First I go to single player, quick mission and free flight france.

The shadows inside my cockpit, fuselage and buildings flickering fast. Graphic options high, antialiasing 8x and SSAO on. With Antialiasing off and SSAO off is the same problem. The only thing I can do is off shadows.

You have any idea?

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2014, 00:21
Post a screenshot and your conf.ini please

E-69 Siegfried
Mar-19-2014, 08:49
Hello. Yesterday was very late and today I installed the new Nvidia drivers 335.27. Shadow flickering was fix. My old drivers was 327. Thanx for your help Lolsav and Bliss.

Now is time for discover the new features that TF bring us.

Attila
Mar-19-2014, 14:09
Hi TF, first I have to say that I´m very happy with "the patch"!
But I found something what I never saw before!
There are some lines on the ground and wing ( just under the clouds in the shadow ). I don´t know if others have the same problem. Maybe it has something to do with my settings of CCC? Or driverproblems? I use the 14.2 Catalyst, AA settings = use application settings - in game 8x.

Btw. the lines are not flickering but they are there.

TWC_SLAG
Mar-19-2014, 17:12
After bailing out and landing on the ground, this is what I saw. This was in the ATAG server, just a few moments ago.8394

I'm using 4.3.

badfinger

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-19-2014, 17:20
badfinger, thats when your "character" - dummy pilot/plane is deleted, you get *wonderfull* views like that ;)

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-20-2014, 00:39
There are some lines on the ground and wing ( just under the clouds in the shadow ). I don´t know if others have the same problem. Maybe it has something to do with my settings of CCC? Or driverproblems? I use the 14.2 Catalyst, AA settings = use application settings - in game 8x.

I get them too, although mine are much more tight, almost like looking through a screen door. Only happens at certain light angles and conditions.

Flit
Mar-20-2014, 03:13
Hi,

I believe I have the same issue as OP. Approx every three seconds a large portion of the internal of my cockpit (I've tried 3 different cockpits - same result) will flash black for a split second. It affects only the shadowed areas. Nothing outside is affected and appears normal (everything seen through the perspex is fine).

This was not happening prior to 4.3

I tried to copy the goings on with Fraps. Funny thing is, it stops doing it when Fraps is recording! lol. However, the prop animation vanishes with Fraps recording too now. A screenie seems impossible: It is not doing it when Fraps is recording and it happens too quickly.

***Fixed with driver update as did OP above***

Pitti
Mar-20-2014, 17:34

I get them too, although mine are much more tight, almost like looking through a screen door. Only happens at certain light angles and conditions.

Same here. But not as drastic as in the screen shot of Atilla since mine are much tighter together and thus less visible.

Continu0
Mar-20-2014, 18:41
Same here. But not as drastic as in the screen shot of Atilla since mine are much tighter together and thus less visible.

Got them too, but as pitti said, much tighter and not that drastic...

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-20-2014, 21:36
Interesting, glad to know I am not the only one, I am doing some adjustments and upgrades tonight so I will let you know what happens on my end

Pitti
Mar-21-2014, 13:48
I'm also happy that I'm not alone with this problem. :D

Which graphic card and drivers do you use?

I'm using a GeForce GTX 780 with the 331.82 driver.

zionid
Mar-21-2014, 14:04
is it like an all-screen, split-second flicker? I seem to get that. Thought maybe it was my TiR...

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-21-2014, 14:21
I am using GTX570HD with the latest driver.. can't remember which one.

Its not so much of a flicker for me but really small, tight lines over the wings at different zoom levels and angles/lighting. Almost like looking through a screen door.

Pitti
Mar-21-2014, 17:52
Here's how it looks like for me (look at the wing).
The distance between these lines increases/decreases by changing the FOV (zooming in and out).

Sandy1942
Mar-21-2014, 17:59
I have the same, as Pitti.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-21-2014, 18:08
Exactly the same for me, a bit more pronounced in my case but the same.

Hopefully some brainiac can help us out.

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-21-2014, 19:24
shadows? Are those intermitent? And i believe to be a driver problem, not a game problem. Or maybe proper settings on drivers, what cards do you 2 have again?

♣_Spiritus_♣
Mar-21-2014, 19:47
Nividia GTX570HD for me, latest drivers installed freshly.

See Lolsav, I am praying!

ATAG_Colander
Mar-21-2014, 21:07
I have the same, as Pitti.

This I see too.

jlan5031
Mar-23-2014, 14:09
I also have the flicker every 4-5 seconds that started after I'd downloaded TF 4.3. I have an updated NVIDIA GTX 680 graphics card. I've tried to find a solution on the card by going through the antialiasing section of the GTX without success. I didn't understand what I was doing and returned to the default settings. Sometimes after fiddling, the flicker has disappeared, but upon returning to the game, it's back. So now, I don't have the slightest idea of where to go. I just tried clearing the cache folder but no luck.
Someone above mentioned the conf.ini. What should I look for there?
I could sure use some help and feedback.

jlan5031
Mar-24-2014, 18:51
I had some luck. I changed the screen in Video from "on" to "pseudo." Now, it's been all right for three tries. If this is a solution, would someone please add to my computer knowledge/skills and tell me why it's seemed to work?

Pitti
Jul-31-2014, 13:59
Any news on the "shadow stripes" on the wings?
Pseudo mode made no difference for me.

jlan5031
Sep-11-2014, 13:09
I'm back again. The flash/flicker continues. I've combed ATAG trying all the solutions I could find without any solution. I have NVIDIA 680 card with 327.23 driver, which is the up to date driver. I don't think the card is the source of the problem. I have no problems with Rise of Flight, DCS, IL-2 412 graphics, so I've concluded the problem lies in COD and TF's latest update(since that's when the flash/flicker appeared). What should my conf.ini show? If someone's found a solution, point me, please , in the right direction. I'm not skilled enough to direct myself. Has anyone found a solution?
Thanks for any help.

jlan5031
Sep-13-2014, 13:39
In reference to my query above, have any of you fellows who has similar problems earlier found solutions?
While I think of it, I retained an earlier copy of the Malta campaign on game version 1.11.20362. None of the symptoms above exist. The video is just fine.
I could sure use some advice.

hnbdgr
Oct-27-2014, 05:35
Hey jlan,

I can't help you with this one, but bumping this thread maybe someone knows.

Btw I've got a nvidia 660 and got the same shadows as pitti + others but not as pronounced as in your case.

here's hoping someone from TF can help.

Vlerkies
Oct-27-2014, 08:08
Had this for a while myself.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-27-2014, 08:16
Had this for a while myself.

He will want to know how you have fixed :)

Vlerkies
Oct-27-2014, 08:26
He will want to know how you have fixed :)

LOL sry, I have not managed to, its still there.

I have noticed its not on all maps or all planes, but truth be told I just dont bother with it anymore.
Shimmering in the distance is a much bigger issue to me.

Maybe just an Nvidia thing.