PDA

View Full Version : New Patch il2 COD Less frame rate

geebeer2
Mar-19-2014, 05:40
Hi, I'm GB from Italy, someone report less framerate with the 4.30 new patch?
thanks in advance
GB

Mattress
Mar-19-2014, 05:54
I'm getting a much improved frame rate, actually. The AA is working now - maybe you used to have it set to 8x (which did nothing and had no performance hit for me) and now it's still on 8x and is reducing your performance (now that it works)? Just a thought.

kampf
Mar-19-2014, 06:52
I have noted some micro-lag while flying DCG east mission with lots of new flak explosions, but probably it's because of too many entities for my cpu (6 core amd). Strange...
But... well, I admit that I've noted also overall slower fps, no prove of that maybe just an impression. I had to tune down textures from original to high to see some improvements. Maybe it's due to the amount of my amd gpu vram, "only" 1GB. Strange that too, because with 4.0, my rig seemed to handle original texture setting well...
further testing going on...

PS : GB I'm from Italy too, maybe are we italians that are poor and have the slowest PC :D

Kling
Mar-19-2014, 07:01
Ok guys, first, confirm that you have cleared your cache folders before starting the game for the first time.
Second, Set ingame AA to anything else than OFF.
Third, Switch SSAO OFF in game.
Fourth, In your video cards control panel, set AA to application controlled!

Lets us know how it works! ;)

Pirabee
Mar-19-2014, 07:01
Dear Matt and Kampf,

I dont have any framerate issue but want to know how to implement the AA changes Matt, mentioned here. How do I go about it? I have my ingame AA set to x8 and don't want to miss anything.

Pirabee.

Pirabee
Mar-19-2014, 07:05
Guys,

Never mind; ATAG_Kling has just sorted me out.

Pirabee.

geebeer2
Mar-19-2014, 07:27
no I don't confirm...I clear my cache after the first time, I forgot it.....
thanks

Gladio
Mar-19-2014, 07:47
Hi Geebeer2, se vuoi passa sulla sezione italiana http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136 :thumbsup:

LcSummers
Mar-19-2014, 09:14
Ok guys, first, confirm that you have cleared your cache folders before starting the game for the first time.

Hi Kling,

just a question

Why should / must i switch off SSAO? Only wanted to know.

Thx:-)

Meaks
Mar-19-2014, 09:20

Whilst you're at it old chap,should one turn orf the 'VSYNC' ?

kampf
Mar-19-2014, 09:20
Shift+DELeted all the content of My Documets\1CSoftClub\Il2CloD-MOD\cache

Always had it at 2

Never turned it on

It is already there as default setting in amd CCC

Sure, Thank you!
:thumbsup:

Archie
Mar-19-2014, 11:16
I have had vsynch off for ages Meaker and have never noticed any tearing.

Meaks
Mar-19-2014, 11:58
Thanks Archie,appreciate the help old boy :thumbsup:

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-19-2014, 14:03

To be clear (see image) is this what you meant?

Gladio
Mar-19-2014, 14:23
Try this http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7978&p=103726&viewfull=1#post103726
A squadmate is having a huge FPS increase

Mattress
Mar-19-2014, 15:01
To be clear (see image) is this what you meant?

AA is antialiasing, not anisotropic filtering. So you should have "Antialiasing - Mode" set to "Application-controlled". Currently you have it set to "Enhance the application setting".

Now that AA works in game, you should only need to set it in game, unless you want fancy (GPU heavy) AA like sparse grid super sampling (not sure if that works in CloD though).

Edit: you might also want to turn off FXAA - it works by slightly blurring the edges, which can make distant planes and other objects become difficult to see. CloD looks great for me without it now anyway.

Mattress
Mar-19-2014, 15:03
Why should / must i switch off SSAO? Only wanted to know.

I think he just meant that you should turn it off if you are having performance issues. SSAO can really slow the game down if your GPU isn't up to it.

LcSummers
Mar-20-2014, 10:48
I think he just meant that you should turn it off if you are having performance issues. SSAO can really slow the game down if your GPU isn't up to it.

Thanks a lot for the answer. Its clear now.

S!

kampf
Mar-24-2014, 16:54
Partly solved the "less fps" issue tweaking Gaming Settings in AMD Catalyst CC.
Set texture filter quality to Performace
Surface Format Opt to Off
Tessellation Mode to Override and level to Off

Visual quality seems the same but FPS have increased a little to be playable.
Now I even set AA on 4 instead of 2!

:thumbsup:

Tvrdi
Mar-24-2014, 17:45
I have had vsynch off for ages Meaker and have never noticed any tearing.

Well If you use TrackIR and your fps is beyond of that of your monitor - then you will certainly notice tearing..I can see it clearly in ROF, BOS and CLOD if VSYNC is OFF.

Catseye
Apr-01-2014, 14:25
Well If you use TrackIR and your fps is beyond of that of your monitor - then you will certainly notice tearing..I can see it clearly in ROF, BOS and CLOD if VSYNC is OFF.

Does it make a difference if you use it in the Nvidia Control Panel or in the COD settings?