PDA

View Full Version : issue with brakes / rudder pedals

ATAG_Dave
Mar-19-2014, 09:33
i use rudder pedals that have toe brakes. I set these up on the controls>axis menu to left and right brakes. I test them there and all seems to work fine (the input / output sliders move as expected). However in game when i press the toe brakes they do nothing at all. If i press 'B' where i have bound a key for both brakes simultaneously the brakes work.

What am i missing here?????

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Mar-19-2014, 09:56
let me guess... your in a british plane?
they dont have toe breaks.

1lokos
Mar-19-2014, 10:12
What am i missing here?????

You missing that "toe brakes" work only in:

Bf 109
Bf 110
He 111
Ju 87
Ju88

Su-26

Dont work for

Blenheim
Hurricane
Spitfire
Tiger Moth (dont have brakes at all)

Fiat Br.20
Fiat G-50

These planes use a "bicycle brake" on control column (and il-2, LaGG, Yak, La-5 if you fly in il-2 BoS).

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ryj708.jpg

So if you want use your rudder pedal to brake in then map ONLY right of left toe brake for the function "Wheel brakes" (and leave "Left/Right Wheel Brakes" mapped for German planes).

Sokol1

ATAG_Dave
Mar-19-2014, 13:11
You missing that "toe brakes" work only in:

Bf 109
Bf 110
He 111
Ju 87
Ju88

Su-26

Dont work for

Blenheim
Hurricane
Spitfire
Tiger Moth (dont have brakes at all)

Fiat Br.20
Fiat G-50

These planes use a "bicycle brake" on control column (and il-2, LaGG, Yak, La-5 if you fly in il-2 BoS).

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ryj708.jpg

So if you want use your rudder pedal to brake in then map ONLY right of left toe brake for the function "Wheel brakes" (and leave "Left/Right Wheel Brakes" mapped for German planes).

Sokol1

..and now it makes sense - thank you very much for that explanation :thumbsup:

ATAG_Naz
Mar-21-2014, 02:33
With the patch 4.3 you may be able to set one of your pedals as a brake slider now I think.... In the same section you mapped the pedals as left and right brake, there should now be one that just refers to brakes (not left or right) ... Try setting one of your toes to that mate ... It should work I think :salute:

ahab71
Mar-21-2014, 03:08
With the patch 4.3 you may be able to set one of your pedals as a brake slider now I think.... In the same section you mapped the pedals as left and right brake, there should now be one that just refers to brakes (not left or right) ... Try setting one of your toes to that mate ... It should work I think :salute:

you can map the brake to both pedals, too.. - but you'll have to do this with an editor (e.g. Notepad++) in the *.ini file located in your user-folder...

ATAG_Dave
Mar-21-2014, 09:27

Yep the pedal works in a progressive manner now :thumbsup:

you can map the brake to both pedals, too.. - but you'll have to do this with an editor (e.g. Notepad++) in the *.ini file located in your user-folder...

Not sure I understand what you mean by that???? do youmean that I can set it so either pedal works boht brakes or do you mean I can set it so right pedal works right brake, left pedal works left wheel brake?

Catseye
Mar-21-2014, 10:54

Yes, that is how it works. But . . . I also assigned one to the right brake so both brake pedals work on my Saitek Rudder Pedals.

The only thing is . . . whether I apply the left or right brake there is only one brake but . . . . because I have the right rudder pedal depressed and apply the right brake the right side brakes and for the left the same. This works similar to pressing a rudder pedal and applying a slider by hand. Left will turn left and right will turn right.

You have to make a small adjustment in the userconfig.ini file to accomplish this and when you do, it shows up in the settings area. You need to know what the axis name is for your rudder brake pedals. To do this, go into the COD AXIS config area and set your left brake pedal in the window. It will give a name of the axis assignment. Then leave COD and go to the userconfig.ini and go to [HotKey pilotMove] and find the same line that was showing in the COD window. For me it was Joystick1+AXE_Y=1brakes. Then I manually created Joystick1+AXE_X=1brakes as shown below. Voila! Brake pedal left and right on a rudder setup works.

Cats . . .

[HotKey pilotMove]
Joystick1+AXE_RZ=1rudder
Joystick+AXE_RZ=-1throttle0
Joystick+AXE_Z=-1throttle1
Joystick1+AXE_Y=1brakes
Joystick+AXE_Y=1elevator
Alt C=1trimelevator
Joystick1+AXE_X=1brakes
Joystick+AXE_X=1aileron
Joystick+AXE_V=-1pitch