PDA

View Full Version : Lagasaurus Rex

Bolt
Mar-20-2014, 17:04
Ok, I have tried to play this game since the patch and its been a stuttering lag fest since . I did all the steps listed in the readme's , I deleted the cache / shadow in the mod folder , ran in single player , I even went back and did the Windows Net repair and the DXsetup again ..nothing helped I have a Nvidia 3GB GTX 660TI overclocked , an Intel Duo Core 3ghz processor and 8 gigs of ram running on W7 Home Premium . I have SSAO turned off , I have AA set to 4 , and it still stutters , this is the only sim I have out of all the others that I have that is giving me grief .. I'd appreciate any further help / suggestions if I have missed something that would help .

Thanks in advance

Bolt

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-20-2014, 17:07
Win7 or win 8? 32 or 64 bits?

is cpu and memory overclocked? How high is the graphic card overclocked?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-20-2014, 17:09
Hi Bolt,

I'm not sure if the issue is that you only have 2 CPU cores. Perhaps someone with the same CPU can chip in.

Bolt
Mar-20-2014, 19:11
W7 - 64 bit . the card came from the factory OC'ed ..

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-20-2014, 19:38
And your cpu / memory, is it overclocked?

this is my video settings in game, that your card should cope with

Other thing you can try is to disable "Voice" (it steams the command headquarters announcements) on sound options to see if its sound related.

Bolt
Apr-02-2014, 23:09
I'm beginning to think that the game requires a quad core ..I'm running an Intel 3ghz duo core now on a 6 yr old rig with an Intel LGA775 socket that allows me to upgrade to a quad core ..I have found several quads on Amazon that are 2.66ghz and one quad at 3ghz ..all my other games run maxed out on video settings on my current setup , but this one just overtaxes my rig .

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-03-2014, 00:21
I'm beginning to think that the game requires a quad core ..I'm running an Intel 3ghz duo core now on a 6 yr old rig with an Intel LGA775 socket that allows me to upgrade to a quad core ..I have found several quads on Amazon that are 2.66ghz and one quad at 3ghz ..all my other games run maxed out on video settings on my current setup , but this one just overtaxes my rig .

Yes, the game runs better on quad cores, one of the midrange newer Intels is the best bargain.

I would recommend a Core I5 in at least 3.0 ghz. Add to that a 2 Gb NVidia card, best choice is GTX 660 for price, do not buy an ATI card if you want to run this game well. Add 8 Gb of RAM and you have a setup which will work well.

Little_D
Apr-03-2014, 06:23
Hi Bolt,

before i get my atomic operated pc i had a amd x2 64 3.01 GHz with 8 GB ram and windows xp 32 bit and an nvidea 560Ti 2 GB and it runs with the right grafic settings ( will not look as good as with all max) nice and without stutters,
sometimes hickups because of the bad internet i had. but as buzzsaw said little bit more power would be good.

regards

Little_D

Doozy
Apr-03-2014, 08:08
If you haven't already , try all settings to medium and shadows off. If it runs good start increasing
each individual setting until it causes problems.
Your setup should run the game well enough to have fun and not look too bad either !

see this :

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9118

Bolt
Apr-07-2014, 17:31
I guess I'm running a rig that's currently 8 yrs behind , I've decided to go with option B which is to upgrade my Intel Core 2 Duo to a 3ghz Core 2 Quad which is interchangeable on my LGA 775 socket , this should be a 5 min install ..once I get fired up ..hopefully this will cure the CoD blues ..I'd like to think it and a 3gb GTX 660ti along with a 8gb of ram ..should do it ...fingers crossed

Thanks to all who posted back :salute:

Bolt

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-07-2014, 17:48
Two things to try:

1) In your BIOS disable "multicore" (if your BIOS has it)

and/or

2) While Cliffs of Dover is running (ie while you're idling on the tarmac), ALT TAB out to your Desktop, then hit CTL ALT DEL to fire up Task Manager. In Processes right click on launcher.exe, then select Set Affinity. Uncheck one of the CPU cores, hit Apply, then ALT TAB back into your cockpit. If that doesn't work, then try just having one core checked. See if there is any combination of cores checked/unchecked which stops the stuttering.

My system is different from yours (in Win 8.1 Task Manager you go to the Details tab, not Processes), but Option 1 worked for me. Both options are completely and easily reversible. After 4 1/2 months of utter frustration, trying everything in the book, I stumbled on this yesterday.

Good luck!

ATAG_Lewis
Apr-07-2014, 18:57
Cmon Bolt...I'm so wanting to post my obligatory 'Welcome to....' post it hurts...but I can't if you don't have the rig yet!!!!

Hope you get sorted soon buddy....Jump in..the waters fine!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-07-2014, 21:54
I guess I'm running a rig that's currently 8 yrs behind , I've decided to go with option B which is to upgrade my Intel Core 2 Duo to a 3ghz Core 2 Quad which is interchangeable on my LGA 775 socket , this should be a 5 min install ..once I get fired up ..hopefully this will cure the CoD blues ..I'd like to think it and a 3gb GTX 660ti along with a 8gb of ram ..should do it ...fingers crossed

Thanks to all who posted back :salute:

Bolt

You might need to overclock that Core 2 Quad.... still not an optimal cpu for the game.

Personally I am not sure you wouldn't be better waiting a while and doing a proper upgrade to a Core I5 or Core I7 system.

That way you'll save the money you are going to spend on a CPU which will still be junk in the near future.

You are really only postponing the inevitable.

Bolt
Apr-07-2014, 23:23
Agreed Buzz , but no more than I play ..time constraints , family , job , military etc . I can't justify spending the dough on a faster rig ..I'm just looking at a $ 160 CPU to speed up the rig....I run all my other games on maxed settings and cruise thru them with no issues at all . that is enough reason to not buy a better more powerful pc ...will I get one eventually ? of course ...hopefully I'll get it sorted soon ..and again thanks to all for your support .

Bolt