PDA

View Full Version : Heinkel Lotfe

Spinal Tap
Mar-20-2014, 21:24
Hello,
first off great work with the new patch tf. It really is well done! However, ever since downloading the new patch whenever I enter bombsight view in the heinkel it crashes my launcher. This used to happen occasionally but now it crashes my game every other time. Is there any way to get rid of the bombsight animation where your viewpoint swings down to the eyepiece, which I think causes crashes for non track ir users like myself?
Cheers,
Spinal

1lokos
Mar-20-2014, 22:09
This is a old bug - happens with He 111, Ju 88 and Br.20.

Know workaround:

When go for bombardier cockpit dont move the vision with mouse, HAT... before "Lean to gunsight" (Shift + F1).

A way is set a macro to press bombardier cockpit position, for example 2 + shift+F1. (Set a new copy of "Lean to gunsight" command - e.g. Q [unused] - in a single key to simplify).

Or using TrackIR. :)

Or installing NewView (TrackIR emulation for HAT), bonus: allow a better vision control than default Pan/Snap.

Sokol1

Spinal Tap
Mar-20-2014, 22:21
This is a old bug - happens with He 111, Ju 88 and Br.20.

Know workaround:

When go for bombardier cockpit dont move the vision with mouse, HAT... before "Lean to gunsight" (Shift + F1).

A way is set a macro to press bombardier cockpit position, for example 2 + shift+F1. (Set a new copy of "Lean to gunsight" command - e.g. Q [unused] - in a single key to simplify).

Or using TrackIR. :)

Or installing NewView (TrackIR emulation for HAT), bonus: allow a better vision control than default Pan/Snap.

Sokol1
I have done the first two suggestions, which used to work but now do not. Also i am not willing to install new view because I have had issues with programs like it in the past crashing my computer. No, what I need is a way to delete that lean to bombsight animation.

VO101_Tom
Mar-20-2014, 23:04
I have done the first two suggestions, which used to work but now do not. Also i am not willing to install new view because I have had issues with programs like it in the past crashing my computer. No, what I need is a way to delete that lean to bombsight animation.

Hi.
Try this out: push a "center view" key before you lean to gunsight.
My squadmate had same problem, and this solved it (before 4.3).

Artist
Mar-21-2014, 04:41
Hi Spinal,

However, ever since downloading the new patch whenever I enter bombsight view in the heinkel it crashes my launcher. This used to happen occasionally but now it crashes my game every other time. Is there any way to get rid of the bombsight animation where your viewpoint swings down to the eyepiece, which I think causes crashes for non track ir users like myself?

thank you for reporting this bug! To faciliate and organize bug reports, we have established a bugtracker here at http://tfbt.nuvturais.de. May I kindly ask you to check if this bug has already been reported there and if not, to create a new issue with this bug? And, if you haven't done so already, please do read the guidelines here first: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4.

Thank you very much,
Artist

trademe900
Mar-21-2014, 05:17
Old bug. Heinkel Lotfe crashing is an issue I have always had. I agree with 1lokos, in my experience it is minimized a lot if you don't move the view around at all. Personally, I think it is more to do with the 'lean out' gunsight animation when you come out of the Lotfe, and to avoid this I never press that button but instead Ctrl C to directly skip back to the pilot. It is not fail safe but I avoid Heinkel Lotfe crashes way better after having discovered this.

Spinal Tap
Mar-21-2014, 07:42
Old bug. Heinkel Lotfe crashing is an issue I have always had. I agree with 1lokos, in my experience it is minimized a lot if you don't move the view around at all. Personally, I think it is more to do with the 'lean out' gunsight animation when you come out of the Lotfe, and to avoid this I never press that button but instead Ctrl C to directly skip back to the pilot. It is not fail safe but I avoid Heinkel Lotfe crashes way better after having discovered this.

When you say don't move the view around do you mean center your view on the bombsight then lean or keep it in the original position looking forwards and then lean? I always used to use the first method, but that no longer works, and the second one always used to crash my game instantly. I maintain that all that needs to happen is the leaning animations get removed, which hopefully someone knows how to do.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-21-2014, 08:48
When you say don't move the view around do you mean center your view on the bombsight then lean or keep it in the original position looking forwards and then lean? I always used to use the first method, but that no longer works, and the second one always used to crash my game instantly. I maintain that all that needs to happen is the leaning animations get removed, which hopefully someone knows how to do.

If you can find a way to get TrackIR you should, it would help you in so many other ways than probably fixing the crash. I can't even imagine playing without TrackIR, and using gunners would so much more difficult without it.

Spinal Tap
Mar-21-2014, 10:15
If you can find a way to get TrackIR you should, it would help you in so many other ways than probably fixing the crash. I can't even imagine playing without TrackIR, and using gunners would so much more difficult without it.

Not an option for me right now.

EG14_Marcast
Mar-21-2014, 10:30
When you say don't move the view around do you mean center your view on the bombsight then lean or keep it in the original position looking forwards and then lean?

I had this problem on the Ju88, never in the He111, before to use TrackIR. It never happened only if, once shifted to the bombardier position, I leant to the bombsight before to make any other view movement, that is from the "straight forward" position.

Spinal Tap
Mar-21-2014, 11:01
I had this problem on the Ju88, never in the He111, before to use TrackIR. It never happened only if, once shifted to the bombardier position, I leant to the bombsight before to make any other view movement, that is from the "straight forward" position.

Do you mean it's best to look down or not look down?

EG14_Marcast
Mar-21-2014, 11:39
Do you mean it's best to look down or not look down?

No. When you get into the bombardier position you don't have to do any move before to lean to bombsight

1lokos
Mar-21-2014, 12:06
S.Tap

Go in Controls > Keys Tab > Snap View > and look what key are set for "Return to From View". I suggest select this command, click on New and map keypad "+" (see below why)*.

Now In bombardier cockpit, before hit "Lean to Gunsight" hit the key for "Return to From View".

If work, to make things easy:

* Go in Controls > View > select "Lean to Gunsigh" click New (bellow/left) and map keypad "-" for this (Shift+F1 is not altered).

So, in bombardier cockpit hit: "+" "-" to look through Loffe (or other bombsight) scope.

If "Return to From View" dont help, try Controls > Camera > "Reset camera".

The curious thing is: I zip my NewView installation (what prevent this crash), but I am not able to reproduce the bug, even looking up... in bombardier cockpit, before hit only Shift+F1 my game don't crash... :D

Sokol1

Spinal Tap
Mar-21-2014, 12:45
S.Tap

Go in Controls > Keys Tab > Snap View > and look what key are set for "Return to From View". I suggest select this command, click on New and map keypad "+" (see below why)*.

Now In bombardier cockpit, before hit "Lean to Gunsight" hit the key for "Return to From View".

If work, to make things easy:

* Go in Controls > View > select "Lean to Gunsigh" click New (bellow/left) and map keypad "-" for this (Shift+F1 is not altered).

So, in bombardier cockpit hit: "+" "-" to look through Loffe (or other bombsight) scope.

If "Return to From View" dont help, try Controls > Camera > "Reset camera".

The curious thing is: I zip my NewView installation (what prevent this crash), but I am not able to reproduce the bug, even looking up... in bombardier cockpit, before hit only Shift+F1 my game don't crash... :D

Sokol1

Cheers, I will give this a go, but I have low hopes. Do you know of any way to just get rid of the animation?

1lokos
Mar-21-2014, 13:12
Do you know of any way to just get rid of the animation?

No, it's hidden in some part of game code... If you find, please turn ON the animation for Spitfire trim wheel and brake lever. :)

Sokol1