PDA

View Full Version : Error loading into ATAG server

Joe1760
Mar-21-2014, 01:15
Hello everyone.

I installed TF 4.3 yesterday. Single player works fine. Now the problem. Everytime i tried loading into the ATAG multiplayer server, i get to the "Client Briefing" screen and it freezes and i get a error message "Launcher has stopped working" and get booted. Yesterday i was able to pick a side and spawn base, but today i just get booted right after i get on the "Clint Briefing" screen. So I cleared the cache, reinstalled the DxSetup in the DirectX folder and the dotnetfx40_clint_x86_x64 inside the DotNetFx40_clint folder.

I'm out of ideas. Can someone please help me?
Thanks

Joe

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-21-2014, 01:44
What system is yours? Win 7/8, 32 or 64 bits? How much ram has your video card?

Joe1760
Mar-21-2014, 16:25
Windows 7 32 bit. I have a GT 8800 graphic card. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-8800-gt/specifications. I put the hyper link in just in case you needed more info on my card. My computer has 4 gig of RAM.

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-21-2014, 19:11
Most likely you need to make sure your computer is using at least 3 gig of ram, since is a known limitation of windows 32 bits. But your graphic card is pretty weak, i must warn.

To enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vistaâ„¢ or Windows 7:

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart the computer.

Joe1760
Mar-21-2014, 22:38
Why would I need more Ram to play the multiplayer as oppose single player? I know my graphic card is week, I've been looking for a decent price replacement but haven't found one yet.

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-21-2014, 22:42
The users with win 7 32 bits who used that switch managed to come online. Those with 2 gig of ram recognized by their system, couldnt. After they applyed the switch they could, thats all what i can say :-)

Joe1760
Mar-22-2014, 02:17
Damn sir, the instructions you gave was just what i needed to corrected the adverse condition causing me not to get online. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. After restarting my system, i was able to get online twice...amazing. btw, since I've done this, will this cause any long term problems with my system? The one thing i notice was my IL-2 screen looks brighter or more detailed...might just be me.

Thank you sir for your help! ~S~