PDA

View Full Version : TF Dynamic Campaign Generation - Question!

stndbfrgrn
Mar-22-2014, 11:06
Hello!
I'd like to ask if it is possible to somehow set the missions generated (and therefore, if possible, the entire campaign) to be played NOT as flight/section leader... any suggestions?
Thank you!

stndbfrgrn
Mar-23-2014, 06:05
Mmm... mmm. Anyone?
:S

bolox
Mar-23-2014, 10:29
I believe it is not possible in the generator itself (hence no replies.)
There is a way of doing it through fmb- the generator saves the mission as a file with a 'random letter/numbers .mis file- edit this in fmb and play the mission as a single mission. Rinse and repeat for every subsequent mission. Kind of PITA.
I suspect this will also mean very few contacts as AI will not stay in an area but just pass through waypoints and RTB.
I have not tried this method so if you try it please report how you get on.

stndbfrgrn
Mar-23-2014, 12:33
Proper PITA. Sounds that it could work. I'll try it later tonight. Thanks anyway!

TheEnlightenedFlorist
Mar-23-2014, 17:07
Hello!
I'd like to ask if it is possible to somehow set the missions generated (and therefore, if possible, the entire campaign) to be played NOT as flight/section leader... any suggestions?
Thank you!

Not currently, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult to modify the code to do what bolox describes automatically.

heinkill
Mar-24-2014, 15:46
Easy workaround.

On the runway shift F2 to the aircraft you want to fly.

Alt F1 to take control of that machine.

Now you can just follow your leader around the sky.

You may want to jump back in as flight leader again if you dont run into any action.

H

stndbfrgrn
Mar-24-2014, 17:44
Nah, if I switch between planes I'm afraid that it could mess up the outcome of the mission...
So, I did as Bolox suggested.
The file to modify is actually named current.mis, and that's the mission file that gets generated everytime for you to play.
It can be found under parts\TEFCampaign\campaign\west (or east).
Picked current.mis, edited it, played it. Everything seems to work: contacts seem to work just as intended by the mission itself, so it's all good for now. No silly Autopilot trick to do. And it's pretty nice for some formation flying...

heinkill
Mar-24-2014, 19:24
Nah, if I switch between planes I'm afraid that it could mess up the outcome of the mission...
So, I did as Bolox suggested.
The file to modify is actually named current.mis, and that's the mission file that gets generated everytime for you to play.
It can be found under parts\TEFCampaign\campaign\west (or east).
Picked current.mis, edited it, played it. Everything seems to work: contacts seem to work just as intended by the mission itself, so it's all good for now. No silly Autopilot trick to do. And it's pretty nice for some formation flying...

You really want to do that for every mission? Changing planes won't mess up the outcome of your mission and just takes one key command. But its your choice!

stndbfrgrn
Mar-25-2014, 12:03
You really want to do that for every mission? Changing planes won't mess up the outcome of your mission and just takes one key command. But its your choice!

Mmm. But will it alter the overall count kill, considering that the generated mission assumes that I'll only control one specific plane? Have you tried?
Editing each one doesn't really bother me much though, it only takes a couple of minutes after all...

zionid
Mar-26-2014, 06:26
2 things...

1. If you fly as ni. 2, will you even make contact with the enemy, as the just zip back and forth?
2. Do you ever fly in groups larger than 4?

stndbfrgrn
Mar-27-2014, 05:26
2 things...

1. If you fly as ni. 2, will you even make contact with the enemy, as the just zip back and forth?
2. Do you ever fly in groups larger than 4?

I don't understand the first question, but if you mean whether visual contact with the enemy will be made, well, yes it will.
But it's possible that your leader somehow will not engage anyone at all! ;-)
So you should bravely decide to break formation and fight on your own... which yes, kind of shatters the "group feeling", but eh...

I don't know much about it, but I could guess that unless you edit AI or waypoint parameters in the FMB, whether friendlies act with belivable aggressiveness will be a matter of chance, really.

As for the second question, I think that depends on the mission, though I have never experienced any different, actually. So no - no sections larger than 4. At least for now. If that is something directly established by the generator, that I don't know. Standy for someone wiser than me to reply ;-)

zionid
Mar-28-2014, 13:04
Seems like I'll wait a bit before enjoying this one...

Oh well. Plenty of other stuff to do for now;)