PDA

View Full Version : Change weapon loadouts in Desastersoft adons

Mrmaverick
Mar-22-2014, 11:12
I know its possible to change and use your weapon load outs with single missions by adding to the user file, is it possible to do that to the Desatersoft .mis files and use my own custom load outs. dose anyone know if that can be done and show how to do it?
Cheers.

Mrmaverick
Mar-26-2014, 07:59
Figured it out. all good now.

kampf
Mar-26-2014, 08:40
Sorry, I'm maybe off-topic, but is this possible with every single mission (i.e. quick missions) or only with the Desastersoft Addons?
Thanks

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-26-2014, 10:39
Perhaps you could share your fix with us Mrmaverick ?

Mrmaverick
Mar-26-2014, 10:42
yep, you have to go to the Full Mission Builder , in the extras,load the mission you want changed, find you flight, left click then right click on a waypoint for your flight, brings up a window, pick the 2nd tab at the top,scroll down to amo belt, if you have a bullet load out from multiplayer for that plane type, just pick that then save the mission,top left corner, then good to go. the .mis files that you are changing are in the 1csoftclub side of things in mission and missions files, desastersoft files are in the steam side in .\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\Quick , you have to copy them over to the 1csoftclub side to get them to show in the FMB. change what you want then copy back to steam side, make a back up if you do of you files before you do just incase somthing goes wrong. you have to do this with all .mis files in a campaign for all missions to use your load out, change one and only will use your load out for that mission.

1lokos
Mar-26-2014, 13:14
Sorry, I'm maybe off-topic, but is this possible with every single mission (i.e. quick missions) or only with the Desastersoft Addons?
Thanks

Kampf,

Go to the folder

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions

And create new folder here, e.g. EDITED

Now go to folder (assuming that you game are installed on STEAM folder)

...\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\Quick

Copy all contend of this folder (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+V)

Past on folder EDITED

Why? Because FMB (Full mission builder) only see the folder Missions - dont see Quick Mission or Campaign folder because are stored in different places (It's CloD! :D ).

Now you can edit the Quick Mission loadouts, AI skill, add planes, objectives, what you want... Save.

Now you have 3 options:

1 - Play the edited Q.Missions as Single Mission select then on Single and not in Quick Mission.
2 - Copy (or move) all the contend of EDITED folder to

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\quick - Notice the different name for sub folder mission and not missions (why FMB dont see).

This is the ideal solution - You have the Quick Mission edited as you like in proper place in game menu.

And still have a "backup" of original missions inside the Steam\steamapps...Dover

3 - Copy or move all contend of EDITED folder back to

...\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\Quick

THIS WILL ERASE ALL "DEFAULT" MISSIONS.

This is what I did, because "original" missions don't worth so much... :-P But no need be radical, leave then there as "backup". :thumbsup:

For campaign missions is the same process but they are in different folder:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign

In this case after EDIT move then back to above folder.

Then folder Campaign in 1C Soft... in Documents only store your progress in the campaign.

For loadout only, after get a proper one in some mission, for example one created in FMB, save as single mission just for test loadout you
can copy then manually for the misionname.mis for the file other .mis files and for the file User.ini.

(IMO) The ideal would be to create a drop-down options program to allow changing loadout out of the game, since only modifies text files on it (like you do with Notepad).
The Russian players have created several such programs for IL-2(original) - example il2joycontrol, il2Config... - but as CloD did not arouse much interest to them ...

I've tried, but it's something beyond my ability. :D

Sokol1

FAE_Cazador
Mar-26-2014, 14:13
Training missions, stored in folder ...\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\training cannot be seen by FMB either, unless you do the same procedure suggested by Sokol.

By the way, does anyone know why such weird structure of mission storage in CloD ? 3 folders ("Mission", "Missions" and "Mission") in two different paths (that one above and another in 1CSoftClub/.....) ?

Why didn't 1C followed the simpler structure in original IL-2 Shturmovik ? Why such Training and Quick missions cannot be accessed from FMB?

This has been puzzling me from the beginning of CloD.

Couldn't this be fixed and simplified in the future by TF?

kampf
Mar-26-2014, 16:40
Thank you guys for your time and patience. :thumbsup:
I've had already figured out how to change fuel and bomb loadout , and ammo belt by the FMB, and how move mission files in the right folder to edit them.
I even managed to edit the *.mis file with notepad++ , writing down numbers in series for the ammo belt bullet type, without moving the mission file and opening the editor.
:-)
I was just wondering if there was a way to customize the loadout just before clicking the "Fly" button, as in a common multiplayer mission.
But seems to be no way to do that... for now...
:salute:

1lokos
Mar-26-2014, 17:33
I was just wondering if there was a way to customize the loadout just before clicking the "Fly" button, as in a common multiplayer mission.

No, Loadout in FLY screen is only to check what ser for the plane, but not for change them.

Sokol1