Yblad
Mar-22-2014, 15:14
First my system,

Athlon X2 6400+ BE at 3.42Ghz
HD5870 at 920/1300Mhz
4Gb DDR2 RAM at 772Mhz 4-4-4-12
Corsair 7200rpm HDD
External DAC

I had this issue appear out of nowhere on a mission, and it has not been fixed by a reinstall. When the prop is at lower RPM there is a strobing and flickering effect, with purple and green boxes appearing (not solid, transparent) along with flickering of horizontal lines moving vertically. It is most apparent when idling on the ground, but also shows itself in the air at RPM < 2.8K. The issue gets worse with RPM going all the way down to point where the graphic switches over from the blended shading to full individual blade animation at which point it stops, so the issue is with the blended blade graphics. Interestingly it get's worse and becomes apparent at slightly higher RPM when pointing skyward. I've tested all the in game video settings as well as several external graphics card settings and non of them is causing the issue. These tests and RPM settings are for Spitfire Mk1.

1lokos
Mar-22-2014, 15:29
Turn ON "Wait for V synch".

Sokol1

Yblad
Mar-22-2014, 15:38
Turn ON "Wait for V synch".

Sokol1

No effect i'm afraid

Yb

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-22-2014, 17:57
Did you enabled VSynch on game and graphic card driver settings? both?

Yblad
May-27-2014, 13:45
Darn, i thought setting it in the drivers had fixed it but it turns out it just isn't there for hurricanes. The issue is still ongoing, but now I can narrow it down to spitfires. Any more ideas?

EDIT: Looks like something is screwed up big time with my spitfire. Since 4.3 now my pitch, radiator, and other sliders spawn indicating fully down until I make an adjustment and then they pop back to the correct (indicated fully up) positions. Hurricanes are free of both bugs. In addition my mini-map is now just a white square. I haven't checked if this is spitfire specific as I closed it and I can't work out how to bring it back. The larger map works fine

Later EDIT: After numerous re-installs I've managed to get it to work again most of the time, just a litte strobing at very low (less than idle) rpm now. Looks like something wierd was happening with my install for some reason. Case closed