PDA

View Full Version : BoS Multiplayer

Chuck_Owl
Mar-22-2014, 16:13
I never thought I'd say that, but flying the LaGG and getting a kill was enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9vp2x1Fm0&list=UUKDCQ2Y6CtqCjKceXO1J6hg

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-22-2014, 16:50
Nice one Chuck! It's gotta be hard getting in position on a 109 in a Lagg. Once they get the Yak out I think it will be much more even.

Tvrdi
Mar-22-2014, 16:54
Nice one Chuck! It's gotta be hard getting in position on a 109 in a Lagg. Once they get the Yak out I think it will be much more even.

Oh yes Yak is very nice...

darkside3/4
Mar-22-2014, 16:58

Many people suck with the 109 so far so its been fairly easy with the lagg, i suspect that will change. I hope ATAG will jump onboard and create a server similar to our COD one. I'd prefer to fly with the homies I know.

LuseKofte
Mar-22-2014, 17:35
Yes I noticed the failure of tactics. The 109 letting the LAGG fight its way. But The LAGG is not a dogfighter it bleeds speed like a brick in the slightest turn. it is more a energy fighter without the energy . You can fly over a airfield your own if you wish just wait to find a target fixated 109 and do a mostly deflection shot

darkside3/4
Mar-22-2014, 17:47
I call it a finesse dogfighter, you must be smooth and fairly competent or the 109's will eat you for lunch. Everything must be precise because too much pull or yaw here and there will depart the Lagg. Plane might not be a dogfighter, but if the pilot is well..Look at Blennies takin down 109's or Stukas tearing up Spits. It will definitely be disadvantaged but the core guys who get good at it will get many kills.

ZG15_robtek
Mar-22-2014, 18:53
LaGG not a dogfighter???
It's a fighter and is flying like a dog, compared to the 109.:):):):):)

Tvrdi
Mar-22-2014, 19:05
OK tonight I had a better luck. I got my first BOS kills...Wasnt a slideshow and stuttering still occured but not as dramatic as last night. Still framerates are noticable lower when furballing. Which was all teh time since it was fast food fun.
All in all I hope performance would improve.

Injerin
Mar-22-2014, 23:12
I also had fun with these birds (109/Lagg) last night. I was better in the 109 and had alot of good dogfights with the Lagg. I just couldn't get the Lagg to do much... I had a hard time turning and climbing lol, I'm sure that was because I don't know how to fly the darn thing lol. I wasn't much of a 109 pilot either, but I sure knocked down a few Laggs and a few Sturmoviks :) All in all it was good. I expecially liked the 1800lb bombs (Stuka) over the enemy airfield lol, those babies can blow. The only problem I had and I'm sure for most guys was that trim is still not implimented yet and expecially for the Lagg I had a bouncy front end fighting the stick lol. Also the microstutters got to be a bit much, but I'm sure it will be fixed. Anyway I think this sim has some promise.

1lokos
Mar-23-2014, 09:16
My ride, or fight with joystick and HAT. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=duiS4IXKTbk

At ~1:10 the "secret" of Bo$ win "heart and minds", a generous hit-box. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

vranac
Mar-23-2014, 09:37
Nice video Sokol !
It doesn't look bad at all. How many pilots were on the server ?

And by the way, i know you're very good with joysticks, have you tried FreeTrack ?

gavagai
Mar-23-2014, 09:37
Ah, I love it when the whole h-stab falls off in one go. That looks like a damage model fail, maybe not hit box.

1lokos
Mar-23-2014, 09:54
Nice video Sokol !
It doesn't look bad at all. How many pilots were on the server ?

This server in US allow 25 players - I think that are full.

And by the way, i know you're very good with joysticks, have you tried FreeTrack ?

Man, I have at least 1/2 dozen of joysticks (but at moment all are "under modification" :D ), so I'm playing with a "parkinson" 4 buttons, no rudder Saitek Graphite borrowed from a nephew. :) The funny thing is that I stall and spin only one time, and recover using Z,X for rudder (the game dont have a key for "center rudder").

I have TrackIR 4 but I can't get used to using... :ind:

Sokol1

1lokos
Mar-23-2014, 10:05
Ah, I love it when the whole h-stab falls off in one go. That looks like a damage model fail, maybe not hit box.

I hate this "part failings". Il-2 46 have the dumb entire movable parts: elevator, rudder, ailerons falling off (maintained in CloD), shoud by parts of this things.
Bo$ make this worse with his entire fin, stabilizer, landing gear, wheels (on pairs :stunned:) falling off... :-P

The biggest problem whit BOS DM is (IMO): has a dyssynchrony between the physical and visual damage (this occurs with noticeable delay).

From this MP session, a collision with another LaGG:

http://i60.tinypic.com/sywbdg.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/j63f5f.jpg

The visual damage appear well after the planes "intersect". And the other LaGG gained an extra (low poly) tail... :D

Sokol1

Tvrdi
Mar-27-2014, 19:20
OK My second attemppt with BOS MP was a better experience (first fos on first mp test night with 60 players). But this time on EU server there wqas only 6 ppl. It was pretty smooth most of the time (but not as in ROF) with almost no stutters. I shot down 2 laggs. But then again there was only 6 of us. We will see how the optimization will go later. I liked the landscape and "hitting" efects....stalls are nice too...

Tvrdi
Mar-30-2014, 18:17
Tonite I picked unofficial expert server (yak vs 109) and it was much smoother than on offical servers. Around 12 ppl as on official server i tried few mins before. That leads to suspiction they are running their official servers on crap computers or what?
Ahh yes, I liked the sunrise...

ATAG_Naz
Mar-30-2014, 19:38
..it is more a energy fighter without the energy .

Haha...excellent comment that, very good. I might steal that and use it myself.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Tvrdi
Mar-31-2014, 17:12
It seasm that official servers are also smoother now. They did something. Im not the only one noticing that. I hope they will keep goin with optimisaitons.

LuseKofte
Mar-31-2014, 17:33
I never doubted the online capabilities , they have to work, if not this is finished before it starts. I am more sceptic of offline QMB and FMB. Everyone wants online play and just a few of us are more into offline sim

1lokos
Mar-31-2014, 19:33
Bo$ QMB is fine for the purpose.

Have what's in the il-2'46 with some additional, like random wind if you repeat the mission, so every time you spaw (in air) on different place,
and since (now) have only two maps, allow set the action in various part of the map (in il-2'46 are on same place only change the spawn point
if you red or blue)

And have the QMB colored "interface" - not the "excel table" of il-2'46 like people say... (more practical - IMO) -it's what people want,
colors, smokes, fires, easy kills. :) On this aspect are a winner.

FYI - I am not " Shiite fanboy" of this game, I look at this as "casual gamer" (have a gift "peasant" license), the above opinion is what I see until now.
Seems a fun game, remember much Wings of Prey (more compromise with "game" factor than "simulation").

Probable his multiplayer resume in "fast food" dogfight servers, is what the most of old "il-2'ers" want.

:thumbsup:

Sokol1

dburne
Apr-01-2014, 07:22
I never doubted the online capabilities , they have to work, if not this is finished before it starts. I am more sceptic of offline QMB and FMB. Everyone wants online play and just a few of us are more into offline sim

Being an offline player myself, I am with you on that. I think there may be more of us than you think.
I remember early on from some things the developers were saying, it sounded like more of the main focus would be on single player mode - many multiplayer guys were concerned - however it would seem this direction may have changed a little, or just mainly more focused on it the last few weeks.

From early reports sounds like the initial release of the QMB is pretty good - I was looking forward to giving it a try, and ended up finding myself not able to tear away from campaign flying in TF 4.30 and did not get time to give it a shot - will have to check it out this coming weekend...

I am hopefully their QMB and FMB is really good and allows for many great user made single player campaigns to be developed, along with the official career mode. The user created single player campaigns were awesome for the original IL-2, and the ones we have for Cliffs by the likes of Heinkill and Bolox are fantastic as well.

1lokos
Apr-01-2014, 10:13
Some initiative to go "beyond" the dogfight:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/5315-boswar-last-look-mission-file/

"It's not a serve yourself dogfight stats generator..."

:thumbsup:

Sokol1

Chuck_Owl
Apr-01-2014, 15:22
That's sick! Pretty cool stuff.

LuseKofte
Apr-01-2014, 16:28
I have reworked the qmb in IL2 to 4,12 standard and in my qmb I have made random spawn possible. It is a feature in IL2 from the beginning
You just save the missions like this CrimeaRedScramble00.mis or none00 none01 none02 etc
these missions wil randomly load as many as you wish

Tvrdi
Apr-07-2014, 16:51
As my motto is Truth and only a truth, I must admit that on custom servers MP is smooth. Now i dont know how many ground units there was but it was 30 players and was smooth as butter. For some reason on official servers (EU) gets very slow after soem time. And stutterish...

LuseKofte
Apr-07-2014, 17:06
They got some kind of trouble that is for sure. They do not manage to increase slots up to 65, so I think they got more work to do

Incog
Apr-15-2014, 10:29
How much does the game cost as of right now? If it has multiplayer it might have my attention now.

The ghost
Apr-15-2014, 12:00
How much does the game cost as of right now? If it has multiplayer it might have my attention now.

The early access alpha still costs $95, when it is released it will be closer to $100 for the premium edition and something like $50 or $60 for the normal edition.

LuseKofte
Apr-15-2014, 12:01
It is in 90 buks methinks. Go to BOS site and see. If your on because of online game only. I advise you not to right now. But that is my opinion. I bought it souley for my wish to fly IL 2 in a modern sim. And got a couple of other Russian plane that surprised me in the barging