PDA

View Full Version : Several Flak guns not fireing

Gotha229
Mar-23-2014, 12:25
Some Flak guns are not fireing when target is in range but far away. The gun seems to recognize the enemy and moves in some direction, but does not fire.
When the target is very close, the gun begins aiming and fireing. When the target moves away, the gun sometimes stops fireing again.
I tested some Flak guns and the 8,8cm, 4cm/Bofors, 2cm and MG34 seem to be affected.
See video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_RlXG5Mf3s&feature=youtu.be

bolox
Mar-23-2014, 13:01
I may well be wrong but that looks to me like several guns were at their traverse limits with enemy AC out of arc at start of vid. As the enemy AC come into arc they start firing and track

Gotha229
Mar-23-2014, 15:30
Well, I don't know the reason for this behaviour, but it's pretty easy to test: just open any map on the FMB, place one of those guns an let some enemy plane fly by.
I tested this also with the old TF4.0 version. No problems there.

Winston
Mar-23-2014, 15:55
I may well be wrong but that looks to me like several guns were at their traverse limits with enemy AC out of arc at start of vid. As the enemy AC come into arc they start firing and track
Do you mean flak guns/AAA do not have the ability to traverse a full 360 degrees? If so can you please tell me each guns' range of movement?

Artist
Mar-23-2014, 16:13
Hi Gotha,

Well, I don't know the reason for this behaviour, but it's pretty easy to test: just open any map on the FMB, place one of those guns an let some enemy plane fly by.
I tested this also with the old TF4.0 version. No problems there.

thank you for reporting this bug! To faciliate and organize bug reports, we have established a bugtracker here at http://tfbt.nuvturais.de. May I kindly ask you to create a issue with this bug? If you haven't done so already, please do read the guidelines here: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4.

It might be helpful, if you could make tracks (and link them in the bugtracker) from 4.0 and 4.3 to demonstrate the change.

And, please, include a link to this thread here, so that the descussion can continue here.

Thank you very much,
Artist

Gotha229
Mar-23-2014, 17:54
May I kindly ask you to create a issue with this bug?

Good evening Artist,

I created a new ticket with a link to two tracks and this thread.
Should be #516.

Greetings
Gotha

Artist
Mar-24-2014, 05:48
Hi Gotha,

great! Thanks!

Artist

No.401_Wolverine
Mar-28-2014, 01:07
Yeah, noticed this tonight as well when working on a mission. I used to be able to use tanks and things to put up some small calibre fire at approaching aircraft. Now, the only thing I can actually get to shoot at incoming fighters are the 8.8 Flak gun, the Bofors guns, and the minensuchboot's guns.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-28-2014, 02:15
Yeah, noticed this tonight as well when working on a mission. I used to be able to use tanks and things to put up some small calibre fire at approaching aircraft. Now, the only thing I can actually get to shoot at incoming fighters are the 8.8 Flak gun, the Bofors guns, and the minensuchboot's guns.

Anything which is AAA can fire at aircraft. And most of those have 360 degree arcs.

I am not allowing the nonsense which occurred in IL-2 1946 whereby all the tank types could shoot at aircraft... :thmbdwn:

Only vehicle types which can fire at aircraft are the Bren Gun carrier, the Beaverette open top armoured car with the Bren, the dedicated German flak carriers, and the SD 251 Halftrack and Motorcycle with the MGs.

Humans who jump into tank types can fire at aircraft, but will have a tough time hitting. :salute:

No.401_Wolverine
Mar-28-2014, 12:17
I tried with the beaverette, the horch with mg's & zwillingsockel, and the motorcycle with mg. None of them fired a shot. I'll retest tonight. Perhaps there is a limit to the number of aa guns you can have firing at one time? The 8.8's were firing the big puffy stuff at the time.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-28-2014, 12:35
I tried with the beaverette, the horch with mg's & zwillingsockel, and the motorcycle with mg. None of them fired a shot. I'll retest tonight. Perhaps there is a limit to the number of aa guns you can have firing at one time? The 8.8's were firing the big puffy stuff at the time.

Hi Wolverine. I've managed to get the MG stuff to fire at aircraft..... wonder why you're having trouble.
You've probably done this, but don't forget to get to set the army of the static/ artillery piece/ vehicle.

No.401_Wolverine
Mar-28-2014, 17:16
Hey Phil,

Yes, I've done that. I'm really scratching my head on this one since I had no trouble before. Can you tell me which MG units you used specifically so I can recreate it? Or even better, can you send me your .mis file? That way I can troubleshoot more easily on my own.