PDA

View Full Version : Are we happy with weathercocking in revetment at 4 m/s?

Roblex
Mar-23-2014, 13:42
Spawned in to revetment at Hawkinge with 4 m/s wind from 240 degrees, so not far off a tailwind, and before I could do anything it weathercocked until it hit the revetment wall. To be clear, I had not started the engine.

In the real world I am guessing it would be tied down in the revetment and ground crew would guide it out and stop it turning until the engine was running and the pilot was ready to control the swing.

I am not sure how the problem can be solved in-game but it will be an issue if future campaigns feature wind and don't allow respawns (as in current SoW)
Perhaps spawning with chocks in would help as long as everyone knows to expect it but it could still weathercock and crash as soon as the chocks are removed.
Spawning with a locked tailwheel would be ideal even if the spits did not have them but that means everyone mapping a key to unlock it and really it would need to be unavailable again once unlocked if that was possible to code.
I am assuming there is no way to negate wind effects in a specific spot ie. hangars and revetments?
Another fix might be if weathercocking is not applied when stationary.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-23-2014, 13:59
Spawned in to revetment at Hawkinge with 4 m/s wind from 240 degrees, so not far off a tailwind, and before I could do anything it weathercocked until it hit the revetment wall. To be clear, I had not started the engine.

This also is a mission maker issue. Custom spawn points can be made to avoid spawning in the revetments.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Mar-23-2014, 17:05
Get in the habit of hitting "chocks in" immediately after you spawn.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-23-2014, 19:50
Get in the habit of hitting "chocks in" immediately after you spawn.

+1 this is why TF introduced this :D

JG27-Gaidin
Mar-23-2014, 20:07
First thing I do after spawning is mash the brake. I had trouble with drift before the patch, now it's a chore to correct.

Salute,
Gaidin