PDA

View Full Version : Horizon white out except for gun reticule.

LG1.Klein
Mar-23-2014, 14:04
Attached are some images. You can see how the clouds are undefined and just white but when looking though gun site you can see the images are darker and more clearly visible. Bug or feature?

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-23-2014, 14:28
Im sorry, i couldnt see what was the problem. Im on my laptop and cant go in on the game trying to replicate. Maybe i need more pointers.

LG1.Klein
Mar-23-2014, 16:14
My best example I can't find the screens of. I was flying across channel and the whole horizon was in "white out" conditions. Though maybe it was the new fog or something. Then I realized I could see the white cliffs of dover looking through my gunsight. Not gunsight mode but just looking through the glass square that is the revi. Something about the glass portion of the revi make everything look normal whereas outside of the glass square distant items are just bright white and washed out or obscured in I can only describe as "white out".

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-23-2014, 17:10
I'm probably not even close to the mark of this thread, but isn't the gun reticule tinted?

Mattias
Mar-24-2014, 05:05
I'm probably not even close to the mark of this thread, but isn't the gun reticule tinted?

This :thumbsup:

All glass parts are slightly tinted and the more layers of glass the more the tiny add up.
So it's not a bug but a feature :thumbsup:

If whiteout is experienced when looking through just one layer of glass (ie, not through the revi sight) maybe the monitor or graphic card settings are set too bright or at too much contrast.

Cheers/m

LG1.Klein
Mar-24-2014, 12:59
This :thumbsup:

All glass parts are slightly tinted and the more layers of glass the more the tiny add up.
So it's not a bug but a feature :thumbsup:

If whiteout is experienced when looking through just one layer of glass (ie, not through the revi sight) maybe the monitor or graphic card settings are set too bright or at too much contrast.

Cheers/m

But to change with the update? No other changes were made to my settings. I will try to get the image that really showed it well this afternoon if able. I was flying to Folkestone from Calais. Typically I can see the coast pretty early on. This time in question I saw nothing as the whole horizon was just like a white haze. But I noticed looking through my gunsite glass I could see the coast as I normally would but it was only in that section of glass. I'll cease and desist until I get better screens.

Thank you all so far.