Mar-23-2014, 19:08
Are you joking Phil ;-)

Glad to see you at the forums at least Black :D

Black
Mar-23-2014, 19:40
:)

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-23-2014, 20:49
I will gladly take you for a tour Phil old boy. But if you want me as instructor you gonna have to wait a week, since im away this one. Heck, by the time i get back it might be another patch out and you wont require a instructor afterall. :D

Anyway, i will be available on TS, on next saturday and i can give you some tips about the spitfire, if you really feel you require. Bring your full metal jacket too :)

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-31-2014, 12:34
Hey Phil im back. Tell me whats your free available time.

Joker
Apr-09-2014, 14:06
hi folks ... phil might well be poking fun here but I am just back from an little hiatus and .. well things have changed it seems .... I am having some troubles :doh:

DRock
Apr-09-2014, 15:17
hi folks ... phil might well be poking fun here but I am just back from an little hiatus and .. well things have changed it seems .... I am having some troubles :doh:

Hello Joker.

Welcome back.:salute:

Let me guess, ground control?

You have to watch for wind now. Hit tab-7-3 and get wind info from ground control. Your plane will want to swing around to face the wind, so set up your 'Wheel chocks' toggle to lock those wheels up while warming engine(s).

Taxi out to the correct end of the runway (that is, opposite end of runway facing the wind) at a walking pace.

Always try to take off and land, nose into the wind.

Try rolling onto the throttle instead of immediate full throttle.

Hope this helps.

~S~

Joker
Apr-10-2014, 06:15
Hey D-Rock,

thanks fella

... good to be back ...( a mid Feb 2 week trip turned into an almost 6 week extravaganza .... all good.:thumbsup:

(Phil, btw, I've not disappeared on ya'll.)

I spent a bit of a frustrating 30 minutes last night slowly working out what I needed to do. I noticed the wind socks and took it from there.
got strafed a few times on the runway also which all adds to the experience :P:

Catch you in the skies soon I hope.

Joker

DRock
Apr-10-2014, 07:15
Hey D-Rock,

thanks fella

... good to be back ...( a mid Feb 2 week trip turned into an almost 6 week extravaganza .... all good.:thumbsup:

(Phil, btw, I've not disappeared on ya'll.)

I spent a bit of a frustrating 30 minutes last night slowly working out what I needed to do. I noticed the wind socks and took it from there.
got strafed a few times on the runway also which all adds to the experience :P:

Catch you in the skies soon I hope.

Joker

Ignore the windsock. It doesn't seem to be very accurate.

Use tab-7-3.

You will get a reading like this,

270 4 085

This means, wind from the east, 4 meters/sec, use runway 085.

Good luck, Mate.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-10-2014, 08:51
Hey Joker,

Anything you need help with, flick me a pm or email.
Also, if Lolsav offers to take you up for a tutorial, take his offer. He's a top pilot and a great tutor.

He can get you started, then I'll polish you into a killing machine ;) lol