PDA

View Full Version : Cliffs of Dover non parte.

ilario38
Mar-24-2014, 12:10
Ho acquistato il gioco da Amazon UK circa 6 medi fa e oggi l'ho installato. Al termine dell'installazione è spuntata una finestra di STEAM ....ed ho ottemperato a tutte le sue dannate richieste. Alla fine ho anche aperto un account su steam , ma non sono riuscito a far apparire il gioco. Dove sbaglio? Un aiuto sarebbe gradito.

Gladio
Mar-24-2014, 12:26
Forse lo sta scaricando ? La copia che hai su Steam necessita comunque di essere aggiornata, anche se tu hai quella fisica. Credo anzi che la copia fisica non serva a nulla avendo quella su Steam

ilario38
Mar-24-2014, 12:55
Forse lo sta scaricando ? La copia che hai su Steam necessita comunque di essere aggiornata, anche se tu hai quella fisica. Credo anzi che la copia fisica non serva a nulla avendo quella su Steam

Grazie per la pronta risposta. Seguendo alcune istruzioni trovate tra i tanti consigli (...se non si trova il logo del gioco aprendo il file di Stream tra i programmi, vuol dire che il gioco non è stato caricato). ho eliminato il gioco e l'ho ricaricato con il medesimo risultato: all'interno del programma il lofo di Cliffs è assente. Credo che il tutto derivi dal fatto che quando Stream mi chiede di trascrivere il serial del goco non posso accontentalo perche ne sulla scatola ne sul documento interno vi è alcun numero di serie. . Da quello che mi dici sembra che abbia fatto un regalo ad Amazon UK e che debba riacquistare il gioco da Steam (ho già scaricato le patches e le ho provvisoriamente messe in un folder a parte in attesa che il gioco si faccia vivo).E' così?

Gladio
Mar-24-2014, 13:26
Spero (e credo) che non sia necessario acquistare nuovamente il gioco anche perchè se così fosse, visto poi che deve per forza girare attraverso Steam, sarebbe anche "illegittimo" venderlo attraverso Amazon o altre piattaforme. So di siti che vendono, assolutamente legalmente, le sole chiavi di attivazione quindi penso che devi solo trovare questa chiave, ammesso che ci sia ovviamente.

kampf
Mar-24-2014, 16:37
Ciao Ilario,
se le istruzioni ti hanno indicato di creare un account Steam non può non esserci un codice per l'attivazione del gioco.

Guarda meglio, magari devi far partire un setup particolare.
Non saprei dirti altro, io il gioco l'ho comprato direttamente su Steam e l'ho pagato 6,5€ in offerta, normalmente ora costa 10€.
Sono 3GB di download se non ricordo male.

Altrimenti aspetta la prossima offerta su Steam e lo compri con pochi €uri. :)
Ciao

kampf
:salute:

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-24-2014, 18:41
Just a word on issues such as this for italian speakers.....If you don't get this type of thing resolved in italian then please translate it and try it on the english speaking forums as well....We have a lot more folks in that area that may well be able to help so please try that if you do not manage to resolve the issue...

~S~

http://rhsrebellion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/italian-flag.jpg

ilario38
Mar-25-2014, 07:40
Just a word on issues such as this for italian speakers.....If you don't get this type of thing resolved in italian then please translate it and try it on the english speaking forums as well....We have a lot more folks in that area that may well be able to help so please try that if you do not manage to resolve the issue...

~S~

http://rhsrebellion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/italian-flag.jpg

Thanks a lot Lewis,
I will follow your advice at once. But let me first say thanks also to the Italian fellows trying to help me.
Let's then start from the beginning.
I bought from Amazon UK, last summer, the CoD disk for about 10 Euro. A few day ago I loaded it on my PC ( Asus Z 87 Expert-i5 latest more powerful ver.- Asus GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 Giga dedicated-16 Giga high Quality memory) and at the end appeared a window from STEAM requesting to open an account-which I did, ending with a request of a serial number which by no means I could find out, not in the cover, neither in the disk. I opened the folder steam (programs x 86 etc.) but there is no trace of the game Logo or exe. Morale: I bought a disk, I follow Steam instructions but there is no game in my PC. End of the story. Can anybody, please, help?Attached there is a picture of the disk cover.
Thanks and regards.8585

ilario38
Mar-25-2014, 07:45
Ciao Ilario,
se le istruzioni ti hanno indicato di creare un account Steam non può non esserci un codice per l'attivazione del gioco.

Guarda meglio, magari devi far partire un setup particolare.
Non saprei dirti altro, io il gioco l'ho comprato direttamente su Steam e l'ho pagato 6,5€ in offerta, normalmente ora costa 10€.
Sono 3GB di download se non ricordo male.

Altrimenti aspetta la prossima offerta su Steam e lo compri con pochi €uri. :)
Ciao

kampf
:salute:
Grazie per la dritta, ma come puoi vedere dalla cover del disco non vi è traccia di nessun numero di serie8586

Archie
Mar-25-2014, 10:18
I would suggest contacting amazon support, someone else had the same issue with a different game:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Open-the-Game-Box-No-Serial-Code-Inside

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-25-2014, 10:23
I have made a post in the english speaking forums and linked it to here...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9647&p=106388#post106388

As for your problem....I would take it up with Steam first....At the bottom of STEAM you see 'Help' and then 'support'....I would explain your problem here....Then if I had no solution here I would then take it up with Amazon....

To be honest with an issue such as this and the fact that CLOD is now £9.99 from Steam I would just bite the bullet and buy it again....You might have been able to do something had you only just bought the game but you say it you bought it last summer so it will be really hard to get any positive response from Steam or Amazon.....I don't think that £9.99 is a lot for a game of this quality now.....I realise that the fact you have already bought the sim is a ballache but I'd still take a sigh and buy it again...You will not be disappointed if you like WW2 flight sims

The other thing is that when you buy it from Steam they sell you the serial number and you download it from them which is better....you will then make sure you have the code and any issues in the future then you just download it again....

Thats what I'd do....

Good luck with this problem...

Archie
Mar-25-2014, 10:29
Yes I would do that as well, a lot less hassle for the cost involved!

kampf
Mar-25-2014, 14:22
di sicuro il codice non lo mettono sulla copertina, altrimenti qualsiasi operatore che prende in mano il pacchetto potrebbe ciularsi il codice :)
se c'è dentro un manuale, probabilmente e stampato sulla copertina o all'interno della stessa.
ricordo tempo fa, comprai un gioco in negozio, hidden and dangerous 2, il cui codice era stampato in un punto nero sulla copertina del manuale (coglioni...) ed in pratica era illeggibile, nemmeno guardandolo in controluce! :grrr:

Gladio
Mar-25-2014, 14:27
Si ma che gioco meraviglioso che era H&D2

kampf
Mar-25-2014, 16:05
Si ma che gioco meraviglioso che era H&D2

Bellissimo! E non l'ho mai finito.
Ho pure l'espansione Sabre Squadron, ma non ci ho mai giocato! :doh:

ilario38
Mar-26-2014, 07:30
I have made a post in the english speaking forums and linked it to here...

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9647&p=106388#post106388

As for your problem....I would take it up with Steam first....At the bottom of STEAM you see 'Help' and then 'support'....I would explain your problem here....Then if I had no solution here I would then take it up with Amazon....

To be honest with an issue such as this and the fact that CLOD is now £9.99 from Steam I would just bite the bullet and buy it again....You might have been able to do something had you only just bought the game but you say it you bought it last summer so it will be really hard to get any positive response from Steam or Amazon.....I don't think that £9.99 is a lot for a game of this quality now.....I realise that the fact you have already bought the sim is a ballache but I'd still take a sigh and buy it again...You will not be disappointed if you like WW2 flight sims

The other thing is that when you buy it from Steam they sell you the serial number and you download it from them which is better....you will then make sure you have the code and any issues in the future then you just download it again....

Thats what I'd do....

Good luck with this problem...

Thanks to all who are trying to help.
Obiously you are right when advising to buy it again ( I paid for the game 15 pounds). Sure it will not be a problem.
However I do not like to be cheated , so I wrote to Amazon uk asking explanations since the picture of the game shown in the order is different from the one I got. . As soon I will get the replay I will update the forum.
Meanwhile I will be grateful if you can adivse me regarding the new buy: is better to buy the full game for 45 £ and then when ready go on line, OR buy it from Steam, where if I undersood well is playable ONLY on line? Obvously I'm not making a question of money, but simply "to keep my freedom of ,,,,play" is worthing same more bucks!
Thanks and "good flight".

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-26-2014, 07:52
As far as I am aware you have only to be online to download and register your copy of CLOD..Once you have done that it is the same version as the disc so I certainly would not advise anyone to buy the £45 disc version.....(PLEASE check this with someone else before you do anything just incase I am wrong)....... Most folks have the STEAM version....I haven't used the disc since I bought the game...I have used it once.....I recently downloaded the game again just to reinstall all the patches on a vanilla....If you get no joy from Amazon then I would just buy it again from STEAM if you have the money...

DO NOT pay any more than £9 for CLOD....That is the price that everyone is selling it for at the moment...

Also...JFYI...There are different deals in STEAM depending on where you live...So the same game in one country will be a different price in another if STEAM has a deal at that moment.....If you find a deal in a country where you don't live you can get someone in that country to 'Gift' the game to you...They pay for it at their locality price...you recieve the game and then pay them back.....This works for all games on STEAM..not just CLOD

ilario38
Mar-26-2014, 08:05
Thanks a lot Lewis.
Cecking my mail I found the replay from Amazon Uk where they apologized for the mistake and also started the procedure for refund either the price of the item and the postal charges! 23 Euro) In just less than 24 hours Amazon showed his proverbial seriety!
I was not requested to send back the game but to donate it! Unfortunately it is not playable because Steam do not accept it. So il will go to garbage.
Regards

ilario38
Mar-26-2014, 08:07
I would suggest contacting amazon support, someone else had the same issue with a different game:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Open-the-Game-Box-No-Serial-Code-Inside

Thanks to you also. As a matter of fact I wrote yesterday to Amazon.......and see my replay to Levis. Ciao

Gladio
Mar-26-2014, 08:12
Thanks a lot Lewis.
... So il will go to garbage.

Don't do it mate. Please don't do it.

ilario38
Apr-14-2014, 08:05
Don't do it mate. Please don't do it.

Well.....after the bounch af advices I trceived ......I realized that I spent 15 pounds to buy ONLY the link with Steam, which normally is free of charge. That said, I bought for the famous 9,99 euro the game from Steam. I am playing it regularly as solo pilot or campaigns.... with some small problems (flaps not working on 10niners etc etc). Bt now I tasked myself just to get aquainted to the game. Sonner or later, after looking into the problem of the patches, (apparently are not so easy to be insthalled) I will join you in the on line game. Thanks again to all of you.

Gladio
Apr-14-2014, 08:26
Ilario quando ti sentirai di passare alla versione di TF faccelo sapere che ti aiutiamo con l'installazione che comunque non è difficile, solamente deve essere fatta con calma e seguendo le giuste procedure.