PDA

View Full Version : Everything disappearing from map in FMB when placing static object.

ATAG_Torian
Mar-26-2014, 00:47
When building a map I have found that once I have a number of objects and AI aircraft placed & plotted that if I go to add another static object like a windsock as soon as I click Cntrl+left mouse clik to place the object, or even a "paste from file" static object combination, everything I've created disappears from the map including the mouse cursor. If I hold left mouse clik and drag the map left or down everything reappears but dragging the map back to where I want it causes everything to disappear again.
This occurs in both maps I'm editing made before 4.3 and in a new 4.3 map. I noted it when going back to maps to add windsocks so tried creating a new map in 4.3 from scratch and added windsocks 1st with no problem but then when I wanted to add others later I get the disappearing glitch. I seem to be able to place aircraft ok but when I go to place a static object it happens.
Don't know if any1 else has seen this or if this is something peculiar to my rig.
I may have to do a total clean install and then re-patch if no-one else is getting this.

Salmo
Mar-26-2014, 02:10
I've not experienced this

ATAG_Torian
Mar-29-2014, 09:08
Ok, a fresh install from scratch from Steam and patched up to 4.3 with all control and JS inputs reinstalled manually with no ini's or maps carried over from previous bugged install.
All normal now thankfully.
So if u start getting these sort of anomalies ur install is trashed at least as far as using the FMB is concerned. Reinstall from vanilla.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-29-2014, 09:41
Ok, a fresh install from scratch from Steam and patched up to 4.3 with all control and JS inputs reinstalled manually with no ini's or maps carried over from previous bugged install.
All normal now thankfully.
So if u start getting these sort of anomalies ur install is trashed at least as far as using the FMB is concerned. Reinstall from vanilla.

Roger that. :thumbsup:

If we keep each patch on file then it doesn't really take that long. A bit of a pain, yes, but I agree it can spare a lot of frustration otherwise.