PDA

View Full Version : Custom markings on skins

Mrmaverick
Mar-26-2014, 11:05
A while back i found a site that had skins to download and you could add kill marks and even add a name on the side of the cockpit, i had it bookmarked but recently when i tried to go back into it it no longer is there. dose anyone know of that site, if it still exists, or has been lost forever. for the life of me i cant remember the name of the site and i had it bookmarked under a shortened name (skins cod)

Mysticpuma
Mar-26-2014, 11:14
I know the site you are on about, but it no longer exists. He had a message up saying it would close, I think in January this year. But it is now gone.

Sorry, MP

Mrmaverick
Mar-26-2014, 18:15
Bummer!

fly4ever
Mar-27-2014, 05:38
You can quite easy add anything you'd like on any skin.I don't think there must be some kind of special skin to do so.
Just open the skin (.jpg) you like to modify by using lets say Windows Paintbrush and write or paint anything you like wherever you like.You can even add anything you want on the selected skin such pictures,artwork,avatars... simply anything.Remember you must save the modified skin in .jpg format and also rename it,otherwise you'll gonna loose the original from your ClOD's skins available lists.
You must also know that not every skin is available for all plane types.There are planes with only one skin available ("Default") and others with a quite wider skin selection.I suspect it has also to do with a specific server and selected mission.In any way,if you want your modified skin to appear in game you must choose to fly a plane version with multiple skin option.
Only thing I don't know is if and in which way other players will be able to see your modified skin or they just see the "Standard" game's skin i.e the same skin you are using but unmodified.I wonder if this has to do with the "Custom Skins" option in the game though...!

Cheers
Nick

jon157uk
May-15-2014, 16:59
You can quite easy add anything you'd like on any skin.I don't think there must be some kind of special skin to do so.
Just open the skin (.jpg) you like to modify by using lets say Windows Paintbrush and write or paint anything you like wherever you like.You can even add anything you want on the selected skin such pictures,artwork,avatars... simply anything.Remember you must save the modified skin in .jpg format and also rename it,otherwise you'll gonna loose the original from your ClOD's skins available lists.
You must also know that not every skin is available for all plane types.There are planes with only one skin available ("Default") and others with a quite wider skin selection.I suspect it has also to do with a specific server and selected mission.In any way,if you want your modified skin to appear in game you must choose to fly a plane version with multiple skin option.
Only thing I don't know is if and in which way other players will be able to see your modified skin or they just see the "Standard" game's skin i.e the same skin you are using but unmodified.I wonder if this has to do with the "Custom Skins" option in the game though...!

Cheers
Nick

My guess would be that you're right about custom skins not showing in multiplayer Nick, for a few years now I've been a member of an online racing club, which uses the sim 'rFactor', the only way we can race with custom skin cars is by offering the skin as an upload on the site, everyone then downloads the skin and adds it to their skin packs so that that particular car will look the same to everyone racing. It's a great way for everyone to 'use' their own custom paint jobs on vehicles for racing but two things! You end up with a hell of a big game (last check my rFactor was at 132Gig), plus you can end up with some damned awful looking cars...lol

Jon T.