PDA

View Full Version : Got my first Ace after a week of playing

Michael E.
Mar-26-2014, 23:35
This is now my second week playing il2 cliffs of dover, at first i couldn't hit a single thing with my guns, i would always get out maneuver'd by 109's and get shot down or had to bail out or my engine would overheat. The first few days were messy but then i got the hang of it sort of and started getting air kills but used all my ammo for one target. i realized i was shooting from too far away so i got so close that i couldn't miss and that worked but it almost killed me so i set my gun convergence to 200 hor and 400 ver and that worked wonders. once i learnt how to fly the plane with my eyes shut i could finally control the plane without thinking, like it was apart of me.
This video is of me getting my first Ace "5 airkills" in one sortie. this video was filmed a week after i bought the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaED3s-e4Ew

ATAG_Freya
Mar-27-2014, 00:01
Nice vid. I hate you. I'm no where near that good. HAHA :hypnotized: I'm kidding of course, I like your style, man! deadly, deadly, deadly!!! I can't wait for week 3! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-27-2014, 00:47
Welcome to the community and forums Michael E....~S~

Wow..what can I say...2 weeks eh?...It took me 6 months to fly like that...lol...and..How to defend against a BnZer 109....eyes always on...as he drops start to turn....as he gets closer put a twist in the turn...slight corkscrew and the 109 is foiled...and time to regain some alt for a few seconds...textbook stuff....could be a tutorial on how to defend against a BnZ 109 for my money....and top to see always eyes on...I see TrackIR is sussed...

Fantastic....!!..I loved the vid....Good music..very apt...and your settings seem to give that overcast look in the vid which is England 90 % of the time...It looked so realistic for me..

I think you have got the hang of this sim Michael....and its great to see new blood doing so well....We are heading in the right direction..

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...lew...

Michael E.
Mar-27-2014, 03:50
Im having some serious fun with this sim and most of all the community, met some pretty awesome people on here :)

farley
Mar-27-2014, 06:48
Got up before 6 AM to get some work done, but starting my day with your video instead. The work can wait.....
Great flying and vid Michael E.

I'm new here, and you sure have set the bar high for a newbie.
I've got lots of work to do to get up to speed with you, but I'll try.

Hope to fly with you soon.

Farley

ATAG_Dave
Mar-27-2014, 08:54
Blimey Michael - 337 sorties in two weeks :stunned: - now thats what i call dedication :thumbsup:

next time 'Mrs Dave' tells me im 'obsessed with that bl**dy game' Ill point to your stats and show that im in fact a light user really :)

Congrats on the kills

Dave

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-27-2014, 08:57
Seems Mr Michael is having fun! Good show old boy, good show.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-27-2014, 09:40
That was an excellent video, Michael! Great flying and great shooting! :thumbsup:

dburne
Mar-27-2014, 10:26
Most excellent video, and congrats on your very fast and great progress! I wish I was that good at this point, and have certainly been at it much longer.
Thanks for sharing!!

Mysticpuma
Mar-27-2014, 10:56
Crikey, we'd only have needed two Michael's in the real BoB and everyone else could have drank tea at dispersal! Nice post.....337 sorties? What was the real amount for an average pilot in the real BoB? Quite interesting to see in comparison :)

Cheers, MP

Pirabee
Mar-27-2014, 16:57
Michael E., a big thumbs up to you, sir, and I wish I was as good. I got stuck with Teamspeak for reasons I'll probably never understand. I recently went for FTNoir and the general effect - with all the tweaks to be done - was so laughable that Ive slunk back to using the extended keyboard.

So, not unexpectedly, my kill-haul after a little over 100 sorties is a paltry 11. Besides, Ive never killed more than one on any occasion. So I gotta admire your taking to your flying and gunnery so well, almost like a monkey to trees! Lol!

Roblex
Mar-27-2014, 18:57
Nice. You are a lot more patient than me. There were several times where you followed a 109 up and, where I would have been hanging on my prop hoping to get a solution before I stalled, you quite correctly disengaged to try again later. As Lewis said, nice situational awareness when faced with 109s coming in from above with more E. You calmly assessed his attack and moved just enough to ruin his shot.

What was that first kill about? It was more like assisted suicide! He just dropped in front off you and bared his arse :D I can only assume he did not see you under his nose and did not realise he was giving you an engraved invitation when he dropped down and flew nice and level 200yds in front.

Spicoli
Mar-28-2014, 09:33
really really awesome video. Glad you are a part of this community. I enjoyed that and too bad you are on the same team, can't wait to have you on the wing. :salute:

9./JG52 Ziegler
Mar-28-2014, 10:24
What was that first kill about? It was more like assisted suicide! He just dropped in front off you and bared his arse :D I can only assume he did not see you under his nose and did not realise he was giving you an engraved invitation when he dropped down and flew nice and level 200yds in front.

Assisted Suicide :)My thought too. :salute: