PDA

View Full Version : Lancher crash - lets stop it!

LG1.Farber
Dec-29-2011, 11:34
I know they cvlaimed to have fixed some problems with launcher crashes but we, as online players need to know that 1c know we are p^%$$Јd off!

Anyone else want to join in?

Copy and paste this in the following link. Add your own info if you want .

Error description: Launcher.exe Crash
Details: Playing online after 5 to 60 mins the whole game crashes to desktop. This happens even faster when more aircraft are in one place.
Can it be consistently reproduced?: Yes, have 12 pilots take off from 1 airfield and the whole game slows down and then crash. Same with large formation flying...
Screenshot or video:
OS, system specs: As my signiture.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28747

Lets get this fixed!

III./ZG76_Keller
Dec-29-2011, 12:01
I feel your frustration Farber, but this issue is on the back burner for the development team. They have already stated on the 1C forums quite some time ago that they are not going to fix the launcher crash issue since they are throwing out this graphics engine as soon as the new one is done. Any time they spend fixing the launcher crash issue will delay the release of the new engine.

LG1.Farber
Dec-29-2011, 12:49
Yea... I know, It just makes me mad.

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-29-2011, 13:00
Well lets just hope it's sooner than later! 4:)

LG1.Farber
Dec-29-2011, 14:23
Yea me and two of squad mates got in to two really good fights with equal numbers/energy opponants and were slowly turning the tide. It was two great fights which both ended in CTD's, one by one and we all CTD'd... :no

BlitzPig_EL
Dec-31-2011, 20:20
I had the launcher crash twice today while just trying to set up loadouts for the Blenheim, I had not even spawned yet.

When I finally got airborne (in a Spit, blew the engines in the Blenheim about 20 sec, after takeoff even using Dutch's instructions...) I stumbled on 4 Stukas and started picking one apart then 4 Dorniers came close and BAM! launcher crash.

I'm done till the patch comes out.

Life is too short to play something this broken and frustrating.

Dutch
Dec-31-2011, 20:37
When I finally got airborne (in a Spit, blew the engines in the Blenheim about 20 sec, after takeoff even using Dutch's instructions...)

Noooooooo............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

335th_GRAthos
Jan-01-2012, 04:04
Guys, I did not have a launcher crash for the pas weeks.

I know my settings are not nice but I fly to dogfight, not to enjoy the landscape.
What is for sure, one of the disabled graphic options is the main cause for the memory leak.

http://grathos.de/temp/CoD/No_Leak.jpg

I admit however that it is bloody annoying that 1C has us waiting for weeks for a memory leak patch which initialy refused to resolve immediately saying that "the patch is only 2 weeks away".

~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-01-2012, 09:55
Hi GRAthos,

I fly "ugly" online, too, at low monitor resolution and turned down (or OFF) graphics to keep good framerates in combat. Even then I still get slowdowns over towns if there are several planes in the fight.

Before each session I also delete my entire Cache folder in C:\Your Documents\IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\1C Softclub

I haven't had a crash to desktop since I started doing this, and I usually fly for 1.5 - 2 hours per session.

Snapper :salute:

jaydee
Jan-01-2012, 23:48
Hi all,I know ive posted this before and I know it doesnt work for everyone but "launchers" are gone for me since ive being running "membooster".My ram usage stays at 30-40% and I can fly for over two hours every time ! If you havent tried it,its worth a try! I run it minimised,set to optimise every 120 secs! ~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-02-2012, 08:34
I installed memboost awhile back, I think based on your earlier post. It works great, easy to use. Haven't reused it since I did a complete uninstall & reinstall (also worth consideration for anyone who has installed.beta patches).

I've gotten away with not using it of late, but I would resume using it again in a heartbeat if I started getting CTD's again.

Thanks for posting this reminder. I have a little more RAM than most (12 Gigs for video editing), but I imagine memboost would make a big difference for those with less.

Uther
Mar-06-2012, 09:06
Holy thread resurection Batman!

I am one of the lucky ones who hardly ever gets a CTD, especially if I delete the cache before I go online. No idea if this is a placebo or not. I only have 4Gb of ram too. I regularly fly over an hour with no problems.
On this subject, do people still get CTD's if they multi crew a bomber? JG52 with their super computers suffer CTD's whilst I am usually left flying along on my own, so I wondered if maybe flying in someone elses bomber maybe took some of the load off and avoided or delayed the problem.

One day soon this will all just be a bad memory...

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-06-2012, 09:33
It's not so much multi-crewing a bomber as flying multiple bombers/aircraft together. I've been part of several missions with multiple people in one plane and did not experience anyone in the crew crashing out.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-06-2012, 14:44
Holy thread resurection Batman!

I am one of the lucky ones who hardly ever gets a CTD, especially if I delete the cache before I go online. No idea if this is a placebo or not. I only have 4Gb of ram too. I regularly fly over an hour with no problems.
On this subject, do people still get CTD's if they multi crew a bomber? JG52 with their super computers suffer CTD's whilst I am usually left flying along on my own, so I wondered if maybe flying in someone elses bomber maybe took some of the load off and avoided or delayed the problem.

One day soon this will all just be a bad memory...

Well I don't know about the multi crew crashes. I got my 1st CTD in months over the weekend. The whole "restart the game after every sortie" has cured that problem for me.

On a side note, if you fly in formation with Krupi, you'll get a different type of crash. :bgsmile:

MajorBorris
Mar-06-2012, 15:50
ctd is much less frequent now that I restart after every sortie but now I am getting them when I warm up sometimes.