PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking an X-52 Stick!

Whizkid
Mar-27-2014, 23:12
Yep, my trusty five year old X-52 stick has gone on to better things! Imagine, no CoD to wile away the evenings! The Throttle is still OK, so I only need the stick. Do you have one gathering dust in the attic? If so, be a good chap and give it a good home, OK? Just PM me and we'll discuss it. I'm a Senior so will be looking for a good deal, so be warned!

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-28-2014, 01:36
Have you thought about getting a MSFFBSW2 instead....?

Pick one of those up from ebay....

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/jems_october_004-1.jpg

ATAG_EvangelusE
Mar-28-2014, 06:20
just be aware that I had two X52 (standard not pro) systems but the found that I could not interchange the sticks, they would only work with the supplied throttle. I looked at the part numbers of the pcb (that has the microcontroller fitted into the yoke) and they were different so came to the conclusion that there may have been some sort of revision during production.

It may have been a 'one off' or it may have been a bit of bad luck but best to tell you of my experience.

Whizkid
Mar-28-2014, 15:01
Have you thought about getting a MSFFBSW2 instead....?

Pick one of those up from ebay....

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/FS_Lewis/jems_october_004-1.jpg

Looks like "The family that plays together stays together!" Is that your setup, Lewis?

The problem is that as I'm on Social Security I can't waltz out and buy a brand new rig. But I do have a video card and cooler combination that I'll put on EBay and see if I can sell to buy a new X-52 Pro HOTAS. Somebody might like it even though it's not real fast.
It's a ATI Radeon HD 5850 with a Mutashi Twin Fan Cooler to mount on top. Anybody interested I'll pay for delivery in the US. Send me a PM for details.

Baffin
Mar-29-2014, 11:37
I just checked eBay and found a large selection of X52 controllers at low prices. Good luck!

Whizkid
Mar-30-2014, 20:27
I just checked eBay and found a large selection of X52 controllers at low prices. Good luck!

Thanks, Fidget, but I checked too and being on Social Security makes it tough as I don't trust used ones from people I don't know, and the prices for new ones are way too high for me. I'll keep checking, though, maybe someone will put one up at a good price. Thanks.

Oscar Juliet
Apr-01-2014, 14:01
At least Ebay has a protection policy. Here there is nothing but the good word of good people. Or so one can hope. If I were you I would pick up that CH set the guy here is sellling for a 100. Best flight gear money can buy and it will never break. Only reason my bud had to by a new set is because USB became standard...lol He had them For a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Roblex
Apr-01-2014, 14:05
I tried to get one a few days ago via eBay. I put a limit of £50 but it went for £70.

Whizkid
Apr-02-2014, 20:19
Thanks, guys, for all the help and comments. I found one on EBay for a very low price and received it in four days, but I think the pots need cleaning, as the controls, rudder, ailerons, elevator, etc insist on re-centering themselves all the time. Anyone had that problem? I re-installed the latest drivers, too.