PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

Jester
Mar-28-2014, 15:29
So have been having problems adjusting my x65 to get smooth control out of my plane in clod. (love it in every other sim) so i went diving in all my old pc stuff and ran across my old logitech extreme3d pro. is it possible to use that stick and still have my x65 throttle? if so do i just unplug the x65 stick from the throttle and plus in my logitech to the pc? or keep the x65 all plugged in? will it see two joysticks as seperate controllers? i've obviously never mixed and matched throttles and sticks. Thanks for any help in advance. :salute:

9./JG52_J-HAT
Mar-28-2014, 15:53
I don't know from personal experience, but I've read here people say they use an X-52 throttle amd a different stick. It takes two usbs but works. I'd just give it a try if I were you and see if it works.

Or just wait for someone with a real answer hehe

Jester
Mar-28-2014, 16:06
well we have an hour to wait until the end of work and then it is experimentation time! help us all jester's playing with electronics again. :devilish:

1lokos
Mar-28-2014, 16:08
If X-65 throttle dont work as standalone - X-52 throttle work standalone - leave both X-65 josytick and throttle plugged, use throttle and other stick for fly, e.g. the cheap TM16000-M (same Warthog sensor in X and Y axis).

An you can still using X-65 stick buttons as "button box", or place then under the desk.

:thumbsup:

Sokol1

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-28-2014, 16:12
I know its possible because ATAG_Lewis and his buddies play togheter with a X52 Throtle and a Microsfot Sidewinder joystick, as they prefer it because of the force feedback.

speedone
Mar-28-2014, 17:57
I'm using a MSFFB2 with the X-65 throttle without problems. Did take the pcb out of the stick of the X-65 and left it connected...

1lokos
Mar-28-2014, 18:02
I know its possible because ATAG_Lewis and his buddies play togheter with a X52 Throtle and a Microsfot Sidewinder joystick, as they prefer it because of the force feedback.

Losav,

Is because X-52 HOTAS "brain" - the USB controller - sit inside throttle module, stick is slave - "brainless".

In X-45 is the oppose, the controller site inside joystick, I suspect that X-65 is inside joy too, due Force sensors.

The new X-55 have one USB controller for each one.

Sokol1

ATAG_Lewis
Mar-28-2014, 18:58
The logitech 3D Pro is prone to rudder twist potentiometer issues....I had 2 and both broke down due to this problem...and since then I have read that it is its achilles heel so good luck with that one...

Rgrt....3 of us use this setup although I use a CH throttle....and the reason was because we prefer the MSFFBSW2 for control, feel and its durability not its forcefeedback, in actual fact 2 of us turn the forcefeedback off and only have return to centre (spring) active....Its just a brilliant joystick

Winston
Mar-28-2014, 20:15
I would also like to know if the X-65F throttle can be used and programmed with it's joystick unplugged.

Jester
Mar-29-2014, 16:02
well i still have the x65 hooked up while i'm using the logitech. working like a champ so far! control is way more smooth now. just got to get used to this new feel! thanks for the help guys. first sortie on this new stick, 3 kills no deaths. no stalls.

1lokos
Mar-29-2014, 16:28
Jester

Just to help future owners.

You are now using only X-65 throttle plugged on computer (standalone),
or are using with X-65 plugged in then (throttle)?

Ty.

Sokol1

Jester
Mar-29-2014, 16:47
i am using the x65 throttle with the stick still plugged in. (haven't tested with unplugging the stick) with my logitech extreme 3d pro plugged into another usb port.

1lokos
Mar-30-2014, 00:34
Thanks Jester.

In Sukhoi forum they say that X-65 throttle is like X-52 one, work as standalone (without stick plugged).

Sokol1

speedone
Mar-30-2014, 08:07
I have just unplugged my X-65 joystick and the throttle still works... :-)