PDA

View Full Version : New Stats complaints

ATAG_Colander
Jan-01-2012, 18:55
All,

I will be more than happy to look at any issue with the current stats but, in order to do it, I need the following information:

1.- When?
Date, time and your timezone so I can convert the time to the stats time.
For example: January 1st 2012 at 13:24 GMT-4

2.- Who?
Who did what and if possible, to whom.
For Example: ATAG_Colander to ARAG_Bliss

3.- What?
What is that happened in game that did not appear on the stats after giving the stats some time to rebuild (they are not real time and could have delays of several minutes)
For Example: I shot a spitfire down and saw it crash on the water. The stats do not reflect the kill.

Once I have this information, I could go into the database and investigate what is or is not wrong. There is nothing I can do if all I get is "I killed 10 planes and they don't show up"

Thanks,
ATAG_Colander.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jan-01-2012, 20:11
Server Mission 5-00 PM to 12-00am (midnight) GMT 1st jan 2012 (current mission about to end as I write)

*Helo* (Red Spitfire) v EvangelusE (Blue BF109 E3B) sufficient damage inflicted on EvangelusE to force a bail out but no Stats Kill Awarded to *Helo* (time approx 8-00pm GMT).

EvangelusE (Red Spitfire) v *Helo* (Blue Ju88b) - Pilot Kill on *Helo* - Stat Kill awarded to EvangelusE approx 11-45pm GMT.

Note that this was the only kill awarded to me of 7 for that session - all the others were flagged as AI kills which is why I think the problem is with only pilot kills being credited.

Best of luck trying to sort it out and no complaints from me - its great fun as always.....and I suck in a BF........ :laugh1

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jan-01-2012, 21:33
Apologies, *Helo* REd v EvangelusE Blue (as described above) was towards the end of the previous rotation to that mentioned in my post.

To save you wading through hours of mission database why not get some of the ATAG guys to test wether Pilot kills only are counting at the very beginning of a mission after resetting the stats to 0?

One fires at the other and the victim stays with the ac untill it crashes = Pilot Kill

Another other bails having taken damage = AI Kill

One Kills an AI Bomber = AI Kill

then check their stats?

Just an idea.......:uhoh

MajorBorris
Jan-02-2012, 16:15
1) When: Dec 31st, 2011 5:30 CST(rough estimate sorry)

2) ATAG_MajorBorris

3) While divebombing Hawkinge with a Ju 88 at low altitude, several player controlled aircraft were confirmed "killed" while warming up but did I not see it on the stats:sad!:, planes shot down while controlling the gunner were recorded though.

ATAG_Colander
Jan-02-2012, 18:34
All,

I found (and corrected) a problem with the stats. In some cases, the game is not reporting who damaged a dead plane.
I'm now going through the list of "damagers" my self and the numbers have changed.

Keep the reports coming!

ATAG_Colander

335th_GRAthos
Jan-02-2012, 18:37
OK, since you want to have feedback on stats, here we are:

Two missions flown between
8 kills - not reflected in the stats

First Mission:

1.- When?
January 3rd 2012, 01:40 - 01:59 UTC+04:00
(I see a server time of 12:59 in the Chat output (right screen top, red letters) if this helps)

2.- Who?
335th_GRAthos to AI in Spitfire, AI in Spitfire, AI in Hurricane (Rotol)

3.- What?
Within quick succession of 40sec, I was awarded 3 kills in the server chat the last kill is on display (centre screen, bottom lines, white letters)
My netstats went to 5.14 (right screen)
This happened after I had bailed out, parachuted to the ground, re-flied and taken off again.
Screen shots (sorry, by screen is big so I have to cut down a lot in order to reach the max size allowable for upload to your servers)

============================

Second Mission:

1.- When?
January 3rd 2012, 02:13 UTC+04:00

2.- Who?
335th_GRAthos to AI in Blenheim

3.- What?
Blenheim destroyed, kill is on display (centre screen, bottom lines, white letters)

----------------------------------------
Second Mission (continued):

1.- When?
January 3rd 2012, 02:13 UTC+04:00

2.- Who?

3.- What?
Blenheim destroyed, shared kill with Pitti kill is on display (centre screen, bottom line, white letters)

1.- When?
January 3rd 2012, 02:18 UTC+04:00

2.- Who?

3.- What?
Blenheim destroyed, shared kill with Pitti kill is on display (centre screen, bottom line, white letters)

1.- When?
January 3rd 2012, 02:19 UTC+04:00

2.- Who?

3.- What?
My netstats on the right side, my kills went up from 5.14 (previous mission) to 7.78

I shot five Blenheims (shared kills), landed.
Restarted the game, entered again and waited at an airfield far away from the action (you never know when Alambash enters the battle...)
1.- When?
January 3rd 2012, 03:27 UTC+04:00

What?
My netstats on the right side, my kills went up from 7.78 to 8.78 (the missing Blenheim...)

I hope this helps your search.

~S~

ATAG_Colander
Jan-02-2012, 19:48
OK, since you want to have feedback on stats, here we are:

Grathos,

I looked at the database and I can confirm that the numbers are right.
During that time frame you inflicted damage on these aircraft (and in that order):
- BlenheimMkIV
- SpitfireMkIIa (Flown by 56RAF_Atreides)
- SpitfireMkI (Flown by wozek69)
- SpitfireMkIa (Flown by =KFS=NuclearMan)
- BlenheimMkIV
- BlenheimMkIV
- BlenheimMkIV
- BlenheimMkIV
- BlenheimMkIV

However... the 3 Spits managed to land. Hence there is no count for a kill.

Your kill count for that period is 6 planes.

Thanks,
ATAG_Colander.

335th_GRAthos
Jan-03-2012, 02:04
Thanks Colander,

I do not envy your job....

Your kill count for that period is 6 planes.

Of which only 0.22 was allocated to the ATAG Stat page (I had 1 kill already in my ATAG stats).

But then, this means that the CoD netstats are bugged (hense my 8,78 kills). I hope somebody has posted this in the bug thread (never paid attention to it before).

One more question though:
You found the three Spitfires (I was not sure about the third Spit so I had ommited that, it makes little difference when 4 or 6 are after your skin behind you....)

But I see you did not find the Hurricane(Rotol) though...
And in the server chat at the bottom mentions that the Hurricane(Rotol) pilot died and it was a partial kill between myself (and the Bofors cannon:Grin:)

~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-03-2012, 09:45
Hi guys,

I have nothing to add here, but just wanted to express my appreciation to you both, Grathos and Colander, for the work you're doing together here to nail down the stats. From my own "combat experience" on the ATAG server I know how difficult it is keeping what's-what straight (combat details, time of combat, etc), plus having the presence of mind to get screen shots of the server/chat window with the in-game combat results -- kudos, Grathos! :salute:

The same to you, Colander, for delving into the huge amount of stats generated to find Grathos' specific combat logs and correlating them to the info Grathos is very carefully providing. It's a good thing it's Grathos providing this stuff -- you'd be waiting a long time for Snapper to produce a kill! LOL

Although I'm personally very casual about my own stats, I realize there are many players on the ATAG server that are very passionate about their own level of performance, and some that are naturally very competitive as well with their peers -- all good for it keeps the game alive and active. It's the determined efforts such as the both of you are exhibiting in working through this that will build the confidence of the ATAG community in these statistics. This can only lead to the growth of the ATAG server and its community as these measurable parameters become available and are proven accurate.

Thanks to you both! :dthumb:

Snapper

ATAG_Colander
Jan-03-2012, 11:19
Of which only 0.22 was allocated to the ATAG Stat page (I had 1 kill already in my ATAG stats).

But then, this means that the CoD netstats are bugged (hense my 8,78 kills). I hope somebody has posted this in the bug thread (never paid attention to it before).

Grathos,

The ATAG Stats are currently adding 1 point for every plane you touch and goes down. Partial points are not yet implemented.

As for the Hurri, I will look again at the data when I have more time. Maybe I missed something.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jan-03-2012, 11:49
No kill point awarded if a player makes a succesfull Landing though damaged is very realistic (IMO). If partial points are going to count in the future - will this idea still work?

I personally think it's a good idea even though the current DM is frustrating (for everyone) where ac continue to fly despite damage that should bring it down.

I take it that a 'crash landing' such as ditching in the Channel will still credit the player with a kill (Mk.MrX got me twice last night and forced me to ditch). His gunerry deserves 2 points per kill - make an exception for him in the maths.........:Grin:

335th_GRAthos
Jan-03-2012, 14:50
No kill point awarded if (the target) makes a succesfull Landing though damaged is very realistic (IMO).

+1 and what worries me is that CoD internal netstats count this as a kill :no

@Snapper: Thanks for the kind words (reminded me to N E V E R dogfight with you), my opinion regarding stats I expressed on the other thread (better scrap it alltogether that opening a "second front") but since Collander wants to sacrifice his time programming instead of flying, he deserves to get proper feedback.

The ATAG Stats are currently adding 1 point for every plane you touch and goes down. Partial points are not yet implemented.
I am not sure I understand the definition of 1 point: Is it one point 1.00 or one decimal point 0.01 ?
I presumed it was one point 1.00 when I was reading your post in the Q&A thread:

Q: How are kill points calculated?
A: In the current version (V1) the stats give a kill point for any plane that dies even if you just landed one bullet on it. In other words, if pilot A hits plane X with one bullet and pilot B rips the plane X wings off, both will get 1 point.
This will change on V2 as the type and amount of damage inflicted will be taken into consideration.

If partial kills are not implemented, no need to search for the Huricane kill as it was shared kill with the Bofors AAA.

But (and sorry for being a pain) if partial kills are not implemented, then I should be awarded whole 1.00 point kills only.
However, I was awarded 0,22 kills yesterday; Which leads to the natural conclusion I should ask under which circumstances I would be awarded partial points.

~S~

PS#1. Did I mention that I do not envy your task???
PS#2. No need to spend your time searching in the databases. I post the feedback because you made the request for it, not because I feel I need to see my kills in the stats
PS#3. I also have another interesting situation: I have made following types of landing until now:
Landed, both wheels down at the airbase: "335th_GRAthos returned to base"
Landed, both wheels up at the airbase: "335th_GRAthos crash landed"
Landed, both wheels up at the fields in France: "335th_GRAthos crash landed"
Landed, both wheels down at the fields in France: "335th_GRAthos landed" (emergency landing, motor died)

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-03-2012, 14:54
Thanks, Grathos! If I ever figure out a way to TALK a 109 into the water, then that's the day you have to worry, my friend. :Grin:

ATAG_Colander
Jan-03-2012, 14:59
Sorry, I was not aware of that (I do not remember having seen this posted).
Subsequently no need to search for the Huricane kill as it was shared kill with the Bofors AAA.
But (and sorry for being a pain) if partial kills are not implemented, then I should be awarded whole 1 point kills only. However, I notice I was awarded 0,22 kills yesterday which leads to the natural conclusion I should ask under which circumstances I would be awarded partial points.

~S~

Grathos,

Since my stats don't count 0,22, I assume you are talking about the in-game stats. These have nothing to do with me (at least yet).
However, on the ATAG page stats, if you damaged the Hurri and it went down, it should count as 1 (as opposed to 0.5 or in this case 0.22).

This "shared" kill is what is not implemented. At the moment, if a plane goes down, everyone that contributed to its damage will be awarded 1 point.
On the other hand, the in-game stats basically work like this: you get decimals per damage up to a max of 1 if you are the only damager.

Hope this explains better.

Colander.

335th_GRAthos
Jan-03-2012, 15:15
OK, OK, I am sorry guys.....

I have been mixing the columns scrolling down to find my name and I have been looking all the time at the Air Kill Ratio 1,22 :stoner:

Sorry, sorry.... :hatchet

ATAG_Colander
Jan-03-2012, 15:21
Not a problem Grathos, I do need to work on a way to keep the headers static while scrolling :)

Anyway, I think I still need to look for that hurri, right? Did that hapen on the same mission or in the next/previous one?

Colander.

335th_GRAthos
Jan-03-2012, 16:09
Not a problem Grathos, I do need to work on a way to keep the headers static while scrolling :)

P L E A S E ! :Grin:

Honestly, I think the amount of efford you put into it is too much but I am sure you enjoy it ;)

And since I know you enjoy it, probably managing the challenge to split between bombers (= everything not a fighter) and fighters air kills would be an equally interesting task....

The Huricane was the first mission I posted (the one with the three Spit kills, the screenshot server chat I posted showed the result).
Since it is a partial kill (with the Bofors AAA :Grin:) this is self-explanatory and no need to look at it.

~S~

MajorBorris
Jan-03-2012, 16:19
It seems the kills in my Ju 88 while divebombing Hawkinge were credited later.

P.S. I love the idea of partial kill if you dont land succesfuly or die, like old il2 : )

1 kill is .10 if you die : )

ATAG_Colander
Jan-03-2012, 20:46
It seems the kills in my Ju 88 while divebombing Hawkinge were credited later.

P.S. I love the idea of partial kill if you dont land succesfuly or die, like old il2 : )

1 kill is .10 if you die : )

MajorBorris,

Right now, the only requisite is for the other plane not to land. If the damaged plane returns to base, then is not a kill.

As for your plane not returning to base... I thought for Stats V2 to wipe clean the stats for whoever dies ;)

Colander

ATAG_Colander
Jan-03-2012, 21:59
Grathos,

I looked at the data again and there is no hurricane that shows as being hit by you. That could mean three things:
1.- You hit the plane but caused no damage to it (i.e one bullet hole) so it was not reported as damage.
2.- It never happened and there is a bug in the game which reports the wrong pilot sometimes.
3.- I am somehow missing some data from the game.

In short, I think I'll need more examples. like this.

Thanks,
Colander.

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-03-2012, 22:08
MajorBorris,

Right now, the only requisite is for the other plane not to land. If the damaged plane returns to base, then is not a kill.

As for your plane not returning to base... I thought for Stats V2 to wipe clean the stats for whoever dies ;)

Colander

Personally, I'd like nothing more if only from a realism point of view. Gamewise, it would cramp the style of those players who fly only to rack up a huge kill score with no regard for anyone else's enjoyment of the server other than their own. However, there are many pilots on both sides who do fly & fight opponents who can fight back and do measure their performance on kills vs death ratios. I'd hate to be the one to deny them that aspect of their ATAG flying experience.

But the thought did make me smile! :laugh1

Thanks again for the work you're putting into this, Colander. Very much appreciated by all of us. :salute:

Snapper

104th_MoGas
Jan-04-2012, 07:02
@ Colander

You at Fighters vs. Bombers seperation, and details, what kind of plane you flew and the enemy?

To seperate the K/D ratio as well, like K/D in my fighter and K/D in my Bomber?

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jan-10-2012, 10:56
Is it possible to tally the number of missions won by Reds and Blues over a period and show them on the stats page?

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-18-2012, 12:11
Just to resurrect this thread:

I am thankful for the stats and happy/thankful someone (Colander I believe) took the time to create the script.

My only issue is that the "Air/Kill Ratio" is based upon the "number of entries". There have been times that I've spawned into a Spit IIa, which was not available, and forced to exit. Or how many have spawned in at Hawkenge/Lympne to have the airfield under relentless attack - exited to respawn at Manston/Ramsgate now having the ability to take off un-molested? These will skew the "Air/Kill Ratio" negatively.

A more accurate measurement should be a "Kill/Death" ratio. Currently my character has died 27 times, my aircraft 21 times = 48 "deaths". My 223 kills/48 deaths = 1:4.654 kill/death ratio.

Is there any way to illustrate this on the stats page vs the current Air/Kill ratio, which is inaccurate?

I know many people don't follow or look at their stats, I look at them to see what I need to do to improve...

Thank you for the consideration.

~S~

Deacon

ATAG_Colander
Apr-18-2012, 12:18
Deacon,

Those stats where done over a week I was on vacations. They where intended to be a stopgap for the lack of any stats on the server.
I've always thought of them as an Alpha version with the intent of moving to a more sophisticated version when time permits.

Well, so far, time has not permitted much, but is still on my "to do" list.

Also, the patch might affect the way I currently gather the stats so I will not start working on them until is released.

Colander.

Doc
Apr-18-2012, 12:20
I mentioned this in another post but no one responded yet.

I would like to see above the stats and horizontal ribbon half red half blue and the number of wins each has moves the ribbon over to one side or the other.

This could be reset monthly, quarterly or annually. Historical data that can be looked at could be a great addition.

Hope this would offer more incentive to win the battle and not just be the hero high stats person of the month.

Just tossing it out there.

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-18-2012, 13:22
Deacon,

Those stats where done over a week I was on vacations. They where intended to be a stopgap for the lack of any stats on the server.
I've always thought of them as an Alpha version with the intent of moving to a more sophisticated version when time permits.

Well, so far, time has not permitted much, but is still on my "to do" list.

Also, the patch might affect the way I currently gather the stats so I will not start working on them until is released.

Colander.

~S~ Colander,

No worries. It was just something that has nagged in the back of my mind. :hiding:

I certainly understand about "life issues"! :Grin:

Deacon

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-19-2012, 06:55
In the future would it be possible to separate air kills between fighters & bombers? Human & AI?

Tonester
Oct-06-2012, 12:48
Hey guys...in the switch from Tonester to ATAG_Tonester, it would appear that my stats have disappeared and ive gone back to square one....any chance my old stats can be added to my new name...thanks guys....oh if not, oh well...no stress...just askin :)

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-06-2012, 16:08
The stats get reset every month. That's why they are gone :)

Tonester
Oct-06-2012, 19:03
Oh ok....sorry...didnt realize mate :doh:

102.VO_Herr_Laca
Oct-07-2012, 07:27
Hello everyone! Somebody would find it out for me to say why my aerial victory disappears from the statistics onto a next day?

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-07-2012, 07:58
Hello everyone! Somebody would find it out for me to say why my aerial victory disappears from the statistics onto a next day?

Hi,

Would it happen to be right after the stats were reset? Sometimes we forget and don't reset them until a day or 2 after the 1st of the month.

102.VO_Herr_Laca
Oct-07-2012, 08:55
Hi,

Would it happen to be right after the stats were reset? Sometimes we forget and don't reset them until a day or 2 after the 1st of the month.

Hi.
Yesterday the fresh statistics 2 were my aerial victories on a deployment,showed this,today shows 0 aerial victories already.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-07-2012, 09:25
Very strange :(

Perhaps the database got corrupt? Sorry!

Let us know if you see any more problems.

102.VO_Herr_Laca
Oct-07-2012, 11:44
Very strange :(

Perhaps the database got corrupt? Sorry!

Let us know if you see any more problems.

It doesn't matter. Without statistics i'm good:)

Mastiff
Jan-04-2013, 09:31
no stats today the server crash?

ATAG_Colander
Jan-04-2013, 09:44
They should be up in about 1/2 hour.

Roblex
Jan-04-2013, 15:27
Can this new testing do anything about the 'Air Abandon' bug? I wont post a specific example because it is fully reproducible.

Basically, if you get shot down and stay in the plane until it hits the ground and explodes it counts as a death but it also counts as an 'air abandon'. Maybe that does not seem a major problem but, as someone that always tries to get a damaged aircraft down safely or die honourably to allow my opponent his credit rather than just despawn, it upsets me that the stats show I have a lot of air abandons :-)

ATAG_Colander
Jan-04-2013, 15:45
Guys,

The stats are the last thing on our mind right now. Remember we are busy behind the scenes working on a MOD.

Roblex
Jan-05-2013, 10:07
Sorry. Had not noticed it was an old thread.

Koala63
Feb-11-2013, 04:31
Shouldn't this perhaps count as a landing? Banged up by Jerry gunners, limped back to Blighty, lost the engine and dead-sticked into a tiny little field across the road from the local pub for a pint of best or two. Didn't hit a single tree, bush or beast; cross my heart. Not only a landing, but as the aeroplane can be used again (after a small bit of erk work), surely and excellent landing? Though sadly not reflected by the stats... ;)

PS thnx for a brilliant server.

GeorgePreddy
Feb-21-2013, 12:53
Thanks for your hard work here guys, I know you're focused on Fusion but logging my issue here so that you can investigate at your leisure. My stats have only recorded about 7 flights out of dozens.

Last flight was on 02/19/13, 4 air kills, one death due to collision with ground. Not seeing anything 2 days later.

Again, not a huge concern and don't worry about a quick response. Just for your assessment!
Thanks again guys

~S~
Ratsy

Chair1
Apr-18-2013, 10:03
Why on the 17th I have 7 air kills but on the 18th I only have 5??????

coolhand3011
Apr-18-2013, 10:31
Lol, I knew when I managed 13.92 kills with 3 spawns yesterday the stats must be on the fritz... I only get on streaks when that happens =P Even without the stats it was still a blast!

Klaus_Kaltherzig
Apr-18-2013, 12:19
Lol, I knew when I managed 13.92 kills with 3 spawns yesterday the stats must be on the fritz... I only get on streaks when that happens =P Even without the stats it was still a blast!

Definitely some weird stuff going on;
Flew 2 sorties on Apr 17 and when the map rolled I was showing 7.16 kills - checked stats today and it appears I flew no sorties at all (total still at 16 the way it was before the 17th) but get this; air kills when up from 23 to 25 - whooo! got 2 kills for not flying at all:D
Other weirdness; ATAG_Recoil has disappeared from the stats chart while stats have not been reset
Also noticed the other day a fellow named Gentros was flying (have seen him on the Russian dogfight servers) - he had about 8 kills the day I was flying - but his name has never been added to the stats list
All of this is not complaining - just saying we can't exactly count on them just now...
Also I know that the after the TF patch Colender had to rebuild/recalibrate the stats collection system for the server and has had very little time and no help in doing this
Hopefully he can iron out the wrinkles when time does allow as I for one (and many for sure do) value them as a means to gauge our own progress and try to improve our tactics over time - i.e. increase kills and keep death to an absolute minimum:D
Personally I have always advocated that death should remove you (or zero you) from the stats page and then you have to start over - that would be awesome as so many of you flyers (and you know who you are) stubbornly keep shooting at those AI bombers to drive you air kill ratios up with any regard for the 109's shooting your asses up :shoot:- oh did I come across as partisan just then? I apologize unreservedly - just a slip of the keyboard I assure you :-P
But it would be cool don't ya think?
See you up there
KK

Gromit
Apr-18-2013, 12:23
Personally I have always advocated that death should remove you (or zero you) from the stats page and then you have to start over

:thumbsup:

coolhand3011
Apr-18-2013, 13:42
Definitely some weird stuff going on;
that would be awesome as so many of you flyers (and you know who you are) stubbornly keep shooting at those AI bombers to drive you air kill ratios up with any regard for the 109's shooting your asses up :shoot:- oh did I come across as partisan just then? I apologize unreservedly - just a slip of the keyboard I assure you :-P
But it would be cool don't ya think?
See you up there
KK

No, keep on trying to light the bombers up, keeps the eyes away from the 109s sneaking up from behind. Much easier to nab target fixated spits :thumbsup:

AKA_Knutsac
Apr-18-2013, 18:54
Personally I have always advocated that death should remove you (or zero you) from the stats page and then you have to start over

I kind of like the running tally, so would hate to lose all stats when killed. I do think a "kill/death" metric would be more meaningful than the current "kill/mission entered"...sux to join the server, get airborne, then get the inevitable "Congratulations Blue Team" message or a random server kick before even getting near the enemy. I also think there should be some incentive to "land your kills" (ie. return to base to get credit for kills).

Still a great server and swell bunch of friends and adversaries.

~S~

AKA Knutsac

Continu0
Apr-19-2013, 02:59
Welll.. now this is strange: A few days ago my sorties were 52. Now they are 42. Sorties get deleted? How ist that possible?

TWC_BikerJack
Apr-19-2013, 04:42
I am not a "stats" fanatic but do find it useful to check on progress as dogfighting skills develop. I enjoy the virtual reality of the sim for what it is and almost always attempt to nurse a damaged ship back to base which is more realistic rather than hit "escape" and immediately respawn. However, I do agree with some of the above posts that a "kill" should only be recorded if you get back safe from a fight. After all, pilots in WW2 were debriefed on their return to determine outcomes and, mostly, only those kills that were witnessed could be verified.

Perhaps a "points" system could be considered, say 1 to 10 (1 being minor shared damage and 10 a definite solo kill) to take account of shared percentage kills and solo successes. That way all pilots would accrue more meaningful stats over time. I also agree that if killed the slate should be cleaned and started over.

I am still learning and often fall into the trap of being fixated on easier bomber targets just because sometimes they are easier to see and catch up with. A couple of days ago I was twice PK'd by unseen fighters whilst doing exactly that and can often be considered as one of those easy "Spit" kills. I must try be more disciplined and only join a fight if the odds are to my advantage or at least even. It seems some of us are only content if we actually engage an enemy even if the odds are virtually suicidal just to rack up the stats.

Blue pilots always seem to be better organised and fly in groups or pairs which is again fairly realistic. Because of my work/domestic situation I can only fly during weekday afternoons when, on average, there are between 20 and 30 pilots on line and very few reds on Teamspeak which makes it difficult to "pair up". Perhaps that's my problem as I am far too often flying alone and hence vulnerable 'cos I only have one set of eyes on the sky around me.

Having said all that - what a great sim we can all enjoy and I have every confidence in TS and Co to continuously improve and enhance the experience. Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

Talisman
Apr-19-2013, 09:01
Thanks for all the work on the stats chaps. This is not a complaint, rather testing the waters. Would it be possible to have a stat for recording when a pilot is captured? My thoughts are that it may lead to more realistic behaviour by some pilots to try and make it back, it least to their own lines. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Happy landings (on your own side of the lines),

Talisman

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-19-2013, 10:19
Thanks for all the work on the stats chaps. This is not a complaint, rather testing the waters. Would it be possible to have a stat for recording when a pilot is captured? My thoughts are that it may lead to more realistic behaviour by some pilots to try and make it back, it least to their own lines. Sorry if this has been covered before.

Would be good if the stats could record aircraft lost.
That is, any aircraft not returned in working order.

Hitting Alt+F2, or hitting escape and re-selecting the flag again can circumvent the statistics. That is, you can exit the aircraft whilst it is still flying, and the stats don't record this as a negative.

I wonder if it's possible for all abandons of this nature, that is, abandons which do not occur after a landing/crash landing on safe territory to be recorded as such.

coolhand3011
Apr-19-2013, 13:13
So that's why you see so many messages saying such and such may be a turn coat and has left and entered the server right after you see the name shot down...interesting to know

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-19-2013, 15:35
So that's why you see so many messages saying such and such may be a turn coat and has left and entered the server right after you see the name shot down...interesting to know

Not always the reason, but sometimes perhaps.

Talisman
Apr-26-2013, 12:32
Just got off the main ATAG map at 17.07 hrs local UK time on 26 Apr 13, after 2 x sorties from Eastchurch in Spit 1a 100 oct.

1st mission: 3 x pilot kill on 3 x BR20 but no score with "S" key. Followed one of them only to find it flew back to its base and started to land with only one wheel down. I shot it up on landing run and it cart wheeled and crashed into forest on the edge of the airfield, then it suddenly appeared on the taxi way and moved along it with one wheel down and then de-spawned; still no kill. I flew all the way back to Eastchurch.

2nd mission: Shot down Me 110 over France and it crashed in a ball of flame. No kill with "S" key. Flew back to Eastchurch and still no Kills; score remained at zero. Left server.

Not sure whether kills reflected in main server stats, as I do not keep track enough to know exact number of kills.

Grateful if this could be investigated, but please disregard if you already have work in progress to fix known problem.

P.S. BR20 pilot kills have not been recorded on a number of occasions before, but I have not raised the issue and am unable to provide details.

Thanks in anticipation.

Talisman

Wolfskid
Apr-26-2013, 15:30
heeeelllllooooo:-)

Talisman
Apr-28-2013, 07:05
I have noticed that my stats do not appear to be updating at the moment. Perhaps it is the same for everyone? Is there a plan to restart them with the new mini patch release?

Talisman

Foul Ole Ron
May-13-2013, 10:29
Looks like the stats are on the blink again - don't think anything's been feeding through for the past couple of days

TURK_Enlem
May-20-2013, 17:48
Houston, I have a problem.

The stats system takes cutthroat tax from me (50%).

Yesterday I scored 2*five plus points(may be more) in two maps; I got six(273 to 279).

Today I scored two and I got one (279 to 280).

Abacus out.

2./JG54 Chumleigh
Aug-07-2013, 23:04
22:00 PST August 6 2013

Net Stats correctly reports 9.19 kills - all spitfires.
Forum stats credited me with 1 kill. I believe I already had 176 prior to the 9 additional but hopefully you can verify. I took a screen shot that showed the last 2 kills at 13:06:41 and 13:06:56 on the server. I took the screen shot after landing and then exited the server.

Thanks.

Baffin
Oct-28-2013, 10:35
Dear Colander,
Request you "Freeze Titles" in the spreadsheet so that column headings remain visible when scrolling more than one page.
Regards,

Gromit
Oct-28-2013, 11:54
the stats are a mess anyway.

Take a pot shot at an aircraft 500yds away and get a hit, that plane then lands undamaged other than your bullet hole and you get credited with a kill!

attack a plane kill the pilot, someone else attacks the plane as it goes down you get credited with .10 of a kill despite the pilot being dead ages ago!

Spawn in a hangar lose your wingtip trying to get out and that counts as a sortie.

mission ends just after you spawn and despite being on the ground warming up that's a sortie.

etc etc!

All adds up to meaning absolutely nothing!

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-28-2013, 12:10
Ive asked for a headups on the scoring system here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6487

But for some reason I have no reply on it

Roblex
Oct-28-2013, 15:51
It is a shame the log files are not visible to everyone in ATAG as they are in SoW. When you fly a mission in SoW you can look at your log and see every bullet hit and every enemy death so it is is glaring obvious where the stats are going wrong. You have a log showing that you killed both engines and took the elevators off a bomber that crashed into the ground 30 seconds later yet no kill appears in the stats.

GeorgePreddy
Nov-22-2013, 13:36
Stats appear to have been frozen for 1-2 weeks, can you confirm please?
Thanks for the help!

71st_AH_Ratsy

~S~!