PDA

View Full Version : Desastersoft and TF4.3

fiddler
Mar-29-2014, 16:03
Seriously considering the Adoph Galland (English) and Wick (English) and Channel Campaigns (German) Desastersoft mods.
Has anyone downloaded all of these items since TF4.3 was issued and are there any problems with these add-ons working with TF4.3?
I read in the Desastersoft FAQ that that a different language (German) could cause problems with COD.

Mrmaverick
Mar-29-2014, 16:49
Ive had them for ages. The Adolf Galland an Wick v Dundas, both have english and with this last patch 4.3 they have really become great. Being off line add ons there is a problem with the load out adjustments, you cant change unless move the .mis files and edit them in the FMB then move them back again, same with the skins, has plenty of aircraft skins in the add on but i had to edit those in the FMB as well as i was stuck with the AI using the sim default skins. Dont know if that is normal as my ClOD was installed when the game came a few years ago and patched as time went by so it could be just me (skins problem). They do come with an auto update function from Desastersoft. They are very challenging and good fun. Id say yep get them. those are the only 2 that have been translated to english so far. there are campaigns for fighters and bombers in them so there is quite a bit to do.

fiddler
Mar-29-2014, 16:55
Ive had them for ages. The Adolf Galland an Wick v Dundas, both have english and with this last patch 4.3 they have really become great. Being off line add ons there is a problem with the load out adjustments, you cant change unless move the .mis files and edit them in the FMB then move them back again, same with the skins, has plenty of aircraft skins in the add on but i had to edit those in the FMB as well as i was stuck with the AI using the sim default skins. Dont know if that is normal as my ClOD was installed when the game came a few years ago and patched as time went by so it could be just me (skins problem). They do come with an auto update function from Desastersoft. They are very challenging and good fun. Id say yep get them. those are the only 2 that have been translated to english so far. there are campaigns for fighters and bombers in them so there is quite a bit to do.

Thanks Maverick,
Is there any difficulty with the loadpout as a result of the Channel campaign being in German rather than English?

Mrmaverick
Mar-29-2014, 18:25
Havnt got the channel one, heard on the grape vine channel battles 2 is in the works tho. probley pay to give the German version ones a miss.

ATAG_Slot
May-16-2014, 07:26
Looks like DS are giving us offliners some new things in the near future.
Check out their website:

http://www.desastersoft.com/news

"W.I.P. NEWS!

Available in english too!

Dear friends, customers, enthusiasts,

Since December 2013 a new Cliffs of Dover add-on has been in development.
With of course lots off new stuff both in the career mode and missions. One of the features is a totally new career mode in which you start as lowest in rank in your squadron and you needing to work your way up to squadron leader. How much missions you will need to achieve this goal will depend on your skill level and achievements, and the difficulty setting you have selected.

This career game mode is expected to have 150 missions in the long version (planned) of which we have completed and tested 130 missions.
The campaign revolves around 1.Staffel of group I. / JG 26 called the Eagle squadron. The campaign can be played in three different versions:

■Career mode – as described above with probably 150 missions taking place between June 22nd and December 31st 1940.
■Historically – based on the actual operational deployment by group I. / JG 26 with around 70 missions.
■Guided campaign – you will be guided through the massive campaign with deployments to specific timeframes with new aircraft assigned to you.

In addition there will be a Bf 110- and Stuka campaign both, again, in various versions.

Some details about the Stuka campaign.

The Stuka campaign will be a kind of adventure. It won’t be about just smash targets. But also to follow in the footsteps of Stuka ace Oberst Hans Ulrich Rudel. Rudel shot down 9 enemy airplanes in his Junkers 87. You are required to do the same aside the ground targets you need to destroy.

TEAM FUSION support

All campaigns will be available as an EXTRA for TEAM FUSION fans/members.

They include the by TEAM FUSION provided autumn- and winter maps, various sub-versions of the aircraft used and a historical campaigns set in the year 1941. Once all relevant aircraft types are created and ready, a TEAM FUSION release can be expected. Together with TEAM FUSION, DESASTERSOFT will be heading off into the year 1941!

The add-on CHANNEL BATTLES - LUFTWAFFE will be available as download, starting end of August.

Added to the series will be CHANNEL BATTLES – ROYAL AIR FORCE set available as a single download.
Following the above releases we will be offering a special collector’s edition box called SONDEREDITION. It will containing the two add-ons CHANNEL BATTLES – LUFTWAFFE and CHANNEL BATTLES – ROYAL AIRFORCE a war map and a printed manual. But this Box is in german only!

We hope you have some patience left while waiting in great anticipation for this release."

zionid
May-16-2014, 11:54
Nice!

ram0506
May-18-2014, 13:02
Hello folks,

Tom, head of Desastersoft, found a solution for the auto-pilot problem in single player missions.

You always had to enable the auto-pilot for a few seconds to cause the fellow AI-aircrafts to take off with you and to follow you. This is no longer necessary!

The AI-aircrafts have to keep you in sight all the time if you don`t use the auto-pilot.
So you have to act as follows:

Taxi to the runway.
Ask for conditions for take off (TAB -> 7 -> 3)
Ask for take off permission (TAB -> 7 -> 6)
Take off.
After take off go into a traffic pattern to the right side and keep on circling until aircrafts number 2, 3 and 4 of your flight are in the air.
If you stay in the traffic pattern, the AI aircrafts can still see you and will join you, as if auto-pilot is used.

Tom tested it a lot of times and it works!

Have fun flying full real without having to use the auto-pilot! Thanks and greetings to Tom!

(original post in german language can be found here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10913&p=119602&viewfull=1#post119602)

ATAG_Snapper
May-18-2014, 13:49
Thanks for sharing this, Ram! :thumbsup: