PDA

View Full Version : MP mission building - no aircraft to choose from

Highwayman-Ed
Mar-30-2014, 08:10
Hey guys,

I'm a complete newbie to the FMB in IL2 COD and I've been tinkering around with the mission builder.

So far, single player missions are easy, everything works as it should and all is well. the problem is with multiplayer. I've added spawn points and cleared the player check mark from the aircraft that I used for ASAP, but when I run it up in MP as a Lobby game or server game, there aren't any aircraft or countries to choose from...

Please tell me I'm missing something painfully obvious...?

Salmo
Mar-30-2014, 08:39
Hey guys,

I'm a complete newbie to the FMB in IL2 COD and I've been tinkering around with the mission builder.

So far, single player missions are easy, everything works as it should and all is well. the problem is with multiplayer. I've added spawn points and cleared the player check mark from the aircraft that I used for ASAP, but when I run it up in MP as a Lobby game or server game, there aren't any aircraft or countries to choose from...

Please tell me I'm missing something painfully obvious...?

OK, I'll say it. "Your missing something painfully obvious!"

1. make sure your spawn-area icon is positioned over an existing map airfield circle.
2. Click on your spawn-area icon, open the properties tab & find the aircraft tab. Make sure you have at least 1 selected aircraft types at the base.
3. Click the spawn-area tab, & find the "Max # Planes" box. If this is left as zero you won't have any aircraft to select. I use 9999 max aircraft for unlimited aircraft numbers.
4. Find the Army textbox & select an army.
5. Find the spawn-parked tickbox, you may want to tick this to spawn off the runway with engine off.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Mar-30-2014, 09:13
Another possible answer is the realism settings of your server. The options under Aircraft Switching such "Cannot Select Sides" prevent a player from selecting an army or spawning a plane. Untick everything under Aircraft Switching.

OK, I'll say it. "Your missing something painfully obvious!"

1. make sure your spawn-area icon is positioned over an existing map airfield circle.
2. Click on your spawn-area icon, open the properties tab & find the aircraft tab. Make sure you have at least 1 selected aircraft types at the base.
3. Click the spawn-area tab, & find the "Max # Planes" box. If this is left as zero you won't have any aircraft to select. I use 9999 max aircraft for unlimited aircraft numbers.
4. Find the Army textbox & select an army.
5. Find the spawn-parked tickbox, you may want to tick this to spawn off the runway with engine off.

Interesting Salmo. I have always used 1 under Max # of Planes.

Salmo
Mar-30-2014, 10:21
Interesting Salmo. I have always used 1 under Max # of Planes.

Interesting indeed. Maybe this textbox is yet another broken part of the game & just flags for 0=no planes and any positive number=unlimited planes. I'm presuming with 1 in the textbox, more than 1 plane can be spawned at the base at a time.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-30-2014, 15:50
Interesting indeed. Maybe this textbox is yet another broken part of the game & just flags for 0=no planes and any positive number=unlimited planes. I'm presuming with 1 in the textbox, more than 1 plane can be spawned at the base at a time.

That number is to set how many planes a single player can spawn at once. Initially with the grand scheme of the game, it was setup to where if you wanted to fly a he111 for instance, you could spawn 10 of them at once, and the extra planes as AI would fly with you even within a DF server. But this could seriously be abused online. It's best to leave the max number of planes (max number that can be spawned at once by a player) to 1.

Highwayman-Ed
Mar-31-2014, 09:07
Thanks for the help guys, ATAG_J-HAT pointed the realism settings out in the chat system and that's all it turned out to be.

Happily flying along in the MP missions that I built now and grateful to you all for the assistance.