PDA

View Full Version : SKINS- Question?

Mrmaverick
Mar-31-2014, 13:38
Not a bug really but a question, with the use of skins online disabled and you only see default skins, could the way that this has been done be affecting the skins in the Desatersoft add ons? In their .mis files you can change them to the skins that come with the add ons, hours of work to change every 109 skin individually. Could the TF patches affect those offline files that way?

Stefan
Apr-01-2014, 15:44
i don't know exactly what you mean. the skins are stored in the "paintschemes" folder as common jpg image files. but in general such games cannot handle textures in jpg format. most of the games use textures in "dds" format. you can open and edit them in gimp or photoshop, after the installing of the "Nvidia dds tools" plugin. i've noticed, after editing a default skin, that my custom skin appears in the "cache" folder as dds file, after entering a online game. how the jpg's become dds textures, i didn't figured out yet. hope these few infos will help on in your intentions.

Mrmaverick
Apr-01-2014, 23:46
Gday, no i dont want to edit the skins, just trying to figure out why the skins that come with the desastersoft add ons are not used by the AI, they all use the default skin. Like online the skins that other people may be using can only be seen by the person who is using them,everyone else sees the default skin. Just wondering if the TF mod affect's offline skins in any way, have noticed in my skinfolder eg "RLM02_71_65.jpg.ModInstallBackup_1-4-2014-0_32_30" (these backup files are everywhere in the skins folder) . so the mod seems to save files like that in there, so dose it effect offline game skins in any way? The installing of the TF mod effecting the settings of the skins by changing every .mis files settings to default seems a bit out there, but you never know, but maybe someone mite know.