PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug or user error with rearm and refuel

indyscout
Apr-01-2014, 18:07
I think there is a bug with the rearm system. I was flying a 109 E4 and used the rr75 option and followed the instructions. Within seconds of the process starting my water temp went up to 120 C and destroyed my radiator. Is this a bug or just user error?8763

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-01-2014, 18:28
I Is this a bug or just user error?

!this

A brief explanation. Once you land you cannot switch off the engine immediatly. Procedure is: Open both radiators full open and let it run idle for a few seconds (30 seconds seems okay), then switch off magnetos, etc to full stop engine.

After that you can <rr50/75 or 100 for refuel.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-01-2014, 19:28
That doesn't always help Lolsav, I ran my engines for 4-5 minutes on idle the other night and as soon as I turned off the magnetos the temp shot up and the rads burst.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-01-2014, 20:07
Maybe behaviour varies from model to model. I checked this on E3 last night.

indyscout
Apr-01-2014, 20:23
I have let the engine idle for a minute or two on landing. I haven't tried it in any other 109 though, I will do that later.

ATAG_Colander
Apr-01-2014, 20:23
I've never experienced this. In any case, is not related to R&R.

ATAG_Endless
Apr-01-2014, 21:47
While flying back to home base try opening all rads to 100% and rpm's at 2000 this should lower your engine temps and give enough time to rearm refuel before engine overheats

ATAG_Freya
Apr-01-2014, 21:55
While flying back to home base try opening all rads to 100% and rpm's at 2000 this should lower your engine temps and give enough time to rearm refuel before engine overheats

Good call, Endless! I'll have to remember that! This overheat is confirmed to happen with allied aircraft as well ( ..ehem.. RED). I wasn't paying attention to my temps today in a Hurricane and overheated while chatting to the boffins about 'well loose' WAAFs. Had to grab another kite. There'll be hell to pay when Squadron Leader Rex gets back...

Kling
Apr-01-2014, 21:55
Anyway I think the procedure is to ALWAYS land/takeoff with fully open cowl flaps/radiators. For take off obviously because of the low speed/high power situation and for landing in case of a aborted landing and a go around (again high power and low speed)

I always did this and never had issues with the rads bursting once the engine was switched off. hmmm....

Continu0
Apr-01-2014, 23:02
To me, it looks like the temps of most aircraft are still bugged in a strange way... for example, If you look closely, water temps in the 109 are on 80 and not falling right after spawning... Looks like the external air-temperature does not have any effect on the cooling-liquid temperatures atm...

indyscout
Apr-01-2014, 23:45
I always have my water rad 100% open. When I land my temp is generally 80-82 C. Within seconds of initiating the rearm it rapidly gains 40 C and overheats.

Roblex
Apr-02-2014, 02:11
Good call, Endless! I'll have to remember that! This overheat is confirmed to happen with allied aircraft as well ( ..ehem.. RED). I wasn't paying attention to my temps today in a Hurricane and overheated while chatting to the boffins about 'well loose' WAAFs. Had to grab another kite. There'll be hell to pay when Squadron Leader Rex gets back...

I was testing out some new keymappings the other day in a hurricane and used a single player mission that starts with the Hurricane idling on the runway threshold. I turned off the engine within 1-2 seconds of spawning in yet the radiator blew a few minutes later. It probably spawns with a pre-warmed engine and maybe also has the rads shut but it just shows that even turning off the engine does not stop it overheating. I should do some testing to see what temp it spawns in at and whether the rads are shut.

Mattias
Apr-02-2014, 06:50
:salute:

After turning the engine off you need to CLOSE both radiators to prevent overheat. I know it makes no sense :D It's a bug inherited from vanilla Clod.

Cheers/m

Little_D
Apr-02-2014, 07:26
Hi gents,

@Mattias when i try this i blow my rads :), but i will try again.

what i do is, i put my rads into the wind, run the engin at 900 rpms and wait 2 minute, till the water reach 80 - 81 degrees, than shut engin off. this works nice at E3 and E4.

regards

Little_D

ATAG_Endless
Apr-03-2014, 08:16
HAHAHAHA Just like real 109s clods ones are finicky and tempremental we all have to learn their quirks