PDA

View Full Version : Bf.109 training session

Chuck_Owl
Apr-01-2014, 22:54
Hello everyone,

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd like to have a lesson to fly a Bf.109.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-01-2014, 23:07
Im sure we can arrange that. You alredy approach me on TS, but then i got to think, maybe you would like to request someone else, to have diffrent experiences from diffrent teachers. I can show you the basis of 109, but gunnery (what i think its the hard part) takes more to achieve than in spitfire. The "slash" shots come with time, the 6 o´clock shots evryone can do, and the 109 is the right machine to do it.

Chuck_Owl
Apr-02-2014, 00:09
Im sure we can arrange that. You alredy approach me on TS, but then i got to think, maybe you would like to request someone else, to have diffrent experiences from diffrent teachers. I can show you the basis of 109, but gunnery (what i think its the hard part) takes more to achieve than in spitfire. The "slash" shots come with time, the 6 o´clock shots evryone can do, and the 109 is the right machine to do it.

Well, I'll take about anyone if they feel like teaching me is not a total waste of their time. :ind:

LG1.Farber
Apr-02-2014, 03:42
Dont know how relative this is anymore but heres some video tutorials for the 109;

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86IUXXu2hjjOPnPn22absl0ZNhRw-tg1

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-02-2014, 11:47
Well, I'll take about anyone if they feel like teaching me is not a total waste of their time. :ind:

No waste of time at all Chuck. In fact i advocate evryone should fly all planes and get to know them inside out. This is my approach but i totally understand others think diffrent. My point is: "know your enemy", his strenghts and weaknesses and turn them into your favor in the heat of the battle.

Anyway, you know where to find me Chuck. Im ready when you are.

Chuck_Owl
Apr-02-2014, 16:44
No waste of time at all Chuck. In fact i advocate evryone should fly all planes and get to know them inside out. This is my approach but i totally understand others think diffrent. My point is: "know your enemy", his strenghts and weaknesses and turn them into your favor in the heat of the battle.

Anyway, you know where to find me Chuck. Im ready when you are.

Thank you for giving me that quick lesson with Macro, Lolsav. I appreciate the time and effort you've put into it.

I tried, but I think the 109 is just not for me.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-02-2014, 18:30
Its a diffrent "beast" and with time and dedication can be very lethal. It requires a diffrent mind set as i tryed to explain. Its called a energy fighter for a reason. Usually spit pilots, even the ones who are warned about it, forget this plane is not made for turns.

Well, let me rephrase. The 109 turns, but in a diffrent way of a spitfire. It turns by rolling and reversing the path. Or by keeping the energy high and doing "lazy" turns. Its a diffrent mindset ;)

Little_D
Apr-03-2014, 06:11
Hi Chuck_Owl,

a 109 is more for a hunter than a fighter. you fly high search for your target, bring you in position, go down, kill him and climb up again and start again to search for your next victom.
its more tactical flying and you need a lot of pation for that and as Lolsav said it is not for quick turn fights. in a 109 you have to think 2-3 seconds ahead , bring you in position and than open fire.
the best thing about the 109 is that the 20mm are perfect for snapshots, even at high deflection, because of there punch.

regards

Little_D

Old_Canuck
Apr-04-2014, 20:37
Dont know how relative this is anymore but heres some video tutorials for the 109;

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86IUXXu2hjjOPnPn22absl0ZNhRw-tg1

Farber, I started with "how not to land" and will have to watch the rest of the vids. now :-) lol .. the ammunition and convergence video started playing while typing this - Rhumba music? I like it. I'm old.