ATAG_Trumps

All about me and my secret life as a Dork/Nerd!

Rate this Entry
Well, I i have been flying with you Fine gents since the ATAG server went live, and apart from the assortment of niggles that came with the sim ahve been having a great time. i fly predominantly for the Luftwaffles as old habbits die hard, and i do fancy good old Teutonic engineering and styling. my previous squad was IV/JG7, an Aussie based squad which i joined in about 2003, i flew alongside Spinfx for about 5 years, my work schedule permitting, we flew a lot of squad campaigns in Il-2
including some great SEOW ones. my real introduction to online sims was back with RBII and have been hooked ever since.
i am also a big fan of ARMA II CO, and play a fair bit of this online with another Squad of which i am a member
=TEAM HARDCORE= Aussies.
i have a few other hobbies which i shuffle between in my down time, i build and fly R/C models, and particularly enjoy scratchbuilding WWI aircraft as to my mind they are the closest type that can be reproduced in the way that the original aircraft were built. i also love my bikes, and have whittled myself down to only 2 these days, although i think the wife would be happier if i would settle for 1... no chance
i am a heavy duty fitter by trade and have been working away in the mining industry since the mid 90's doing fly in fly out work on an assortment of rosters from 6 weeks away 1 week off, down to the present 8 days on 6 days off, much nicer

i have a little utube channel with some videos of both my and other club members R/C planes in action if anyone is interested, link below.
http://www.youtube.com/user/trumps1973

well enough waffle from me, hope to see you guys in the air, and looking forward to having you in my sights

Cheers
Craig
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1233.JPG 
Views:	287 
Size:	680.4 KB 
ID:	272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000011.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	963.7 KB 
ID:	271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pfalz DIIIa.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	543.7 KB 
ID:	273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic078_resize.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic080_resize.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	275  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic136_resize.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic143_resize.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	277  

Submit "All about me and my secret life as a Dork/Nerd!" to Digg Submit "All about me and my secret life as a Dork/Nerd!" to del.icio.us Submit "All about me and my secret life as a Dork/Nerd!" to StumbleUpon Submit "All about me and my secret life as a Dork/Nerd!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nothing dorky or nerdy about those items mate.

Used to fly R/C myself on a casual basis and still have my ancient futaba radio in the garage for some future date.

I'm pretty envious of that KH500 too. The saddest thing to happen to bikes was the demise of the 2-stroke! Owned a Suzuki GT750 for a while plus KR1 and KR1-s.

Both hobbies also have a fantastic smell! methanol and castor oil and Castrol 'R'. Silkolene comp2 injector is nice too! Now that's what I call aromatherapy!:
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch
    Nothing dorky or nerdy about those items mate.

Used to fly R/C myself on a casual basis and still have my ancient futaba radio in the garage for some future date.

I'm pretty envious of that KH500 too. The saddest thing to happen to bikes was the demise of the 2-stroke! Owned a Suzuki GT750 for a while plus KR1 and KR1-s.

Both hobbies also have a fantastic smell! methanol and castor oil and Castrol 'R'. Silkolene comp2 injector is nice too! Now that's what I call aromatherapy!:
    LOL, i know what you mean about the Aromatherapy mate though these days i am missing out on both counts, all my planes are electric these days, ( a lot less messing about, and the performance is the same if not better than glow) the Kwaka also doesn't quite smell the same as it lives on a staple diet of Belray and Avgas, with the state of tune of this motor i end up with a set of Wisecos with holes in them if i run regular pump gas, runs real clean on the good stuff as well, she is currently waiting for me to get my butt in gear and give her a good old birthday, some rechroming and an engine /gearbox rebuild.
    i have always been a fan of the old 2 strokes, and one day hope to pick up an old GT750, they were a classy bike the old waterbottles!

Cheers
    Craig
    Awesome stuff Trumps!

Do you remember the 750 triple (2 stroke monster from hell )?

How long does an RC plane last on battery power? I didn't even realize they made them battery powered! It's a good thing I never got into that hobby. I could see myself getting all ready for take-off and the first time I go wheels up I immediately slam it into the ground :Grin:. Some of the videos I've seen of RC planes are brilliant! Personally, I'm kinda a gear head, but sadly I've only got the car out 3 times all year. Spending 1/2 the year in the middle east kinda put a stoppage to that. It's been a few years since I had a bike myself - last one being a ZX-11. I was going to get a street fighter when I came home this past trip, but it would just be something else I'd never have time to fully enjoy.

Oh and anyone who starts talking about the inner workings of a combustion engine is not a nerd :
    Good stuff!

I'm not sure if it was you who made it, but I really enjoyed the "Solitary Journey" movie! And with such an amazing and heartwarming background story/inspiration to boot! I would have given a lot to be a fly on the wall when those 2 pilots met after so many years...it must have been quite the moment....for both of them!
    Hi Trumps,

You really are a dork/nerd! haha! Love the Kawa! So cool! Had a number of bikes, some rice-burners and a list of twin BMWs. Have a real soft spot for twin bikes (except Hogs!). Probably why I like sneaking over to Blue and flying the me110 as the outfit I fly with is predominantly Red. The Blenny is interesting, but the me110 is a real hoon bird.

Back in the day I used to fly model airplanes on control lines, egads, round and round you go! Usually until a line broke or you smashed your mega-hour build into the deck!

See you at a me110 strip!
    Quote Originally Posted by RAAF_Magpie
    Hi Trumps,

You really are a dork/nerd! haha! Love the Kawa! So cool! Had a number of bikes, some rice-burners and a list of twin BMWs. Have a real soft spot for twin bikes (except Hogs!). Probably why I like sneaking over to Blue and flying the me110 as the outfit I fly with is predominantly Red. The Blenny is interesting, but the me110 is a real hoon bird.

Back in the day I used to fly model airplanes on control lines, egads, round and round you go! Usually until a line broke or you smashed your mega-hour build into the deck!

See you at a me110 strip!
    Heya mate,
    i can't go without my bikes, love the triples! when it comes to CloD though i rarely fly anything but the 110, it is a mean SoB if anything is silly enough to get in front of it, and i just love screaming in on the deck and
    lobbing a couple of 500's at anything on the ground! hope to fly with ya sometime!

Cheers
    Craig
    I love balsa!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_MajorBorris
    I love balsa!
    Same here bud, love working with the stuff, and i have a truck load of it, a few years back i bought every scrap of balsa from a hobby store that was getting out of the game. i do have an understanding wife !

here's some pics of my current project, just about finished framing it up, it's a Bristol Fighter, and at 67'' wingspan is going to be plenty big enough for some decent detailing.

Craig
    Been away from gaming for quite a while, but with the recent patch release for CloD, and the completion of my latest little build i figured i would crank it up again. she is playing quite nicely as well, very smooth and no CTD's! the sever looks pretty well populated which is great, well done to Bliss and all involved!
    I have been glueing some more sticks together lately, and just finished and maidened my He-51 which i prototyped for Peter Rake, she is a great flyer, also earlier in the year i repainted the new FMS 109F in a Marseille's scheme, this is also a fantastic flyer.

a couple of videos of them in action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4_e0...dd0TKRjXhYIRzA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyCnXC19JQ

Hope to catch you all online soon!

Cheers
    Craig
    Fantastic work Trumps! They look great. Very nice finish.

What size are the motors?
    This is badass!!
    Quote Originally Posted by II/JG53_Felix
    Fantastic work Trumps! They look great. Very nice finish.

What size are the motors?
    Cheers guys,
    They are all electric, the heinkel, and the 109 are 54'' and 55" wingspan and are powered by the equivilent of 40 sized 2 stroke glow motors, they both weigh about 5.5lb