Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFS Update 06-04-2017 - Some of the Channel Map, work in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

TFS Update 06-04-2017 - Some of the Channel Map, work in progress

Well having had the great news that the Source Code had arrived other parts of our team have been steadily been decoding the current map file and seeing just where some issues currently are.

##All that follows is current Work in Progress and not guaranteed to be included in it's current revision##

Firstly, there has been the "Great Lakes" of France that came under scrutiny and with a little more tidying up the plug should have been firmly pulled very soon

Before:

x27-y02-AV02-before.jpg

After:

x27-y02-AV02-fixed.jpg

Next comes a surprise for us. Inside the map were hidden features caused by some broken coding. The next images show the difference in fixing small parts of that code. Nothing has been added in the FMB or by a Mission Builder, what you see was already there but hidden by the broken code.

Marquis West Before:

x33-y24-BA20-Marquise_West-before.jpg

Marquis West after:

x33-y24-BA20-Marquise_West-fixed.jpg

Grand Villiers Before:

x35-y08-BC07-Grandvilliers-before.jpg

Grand Villiers After:

x35-y08-BC07-Grandvilliers-fixed.jpg

Campagne Les Guines before:

x35-y24-BB20-Campagne_Les_Guines_before.jpg

Campagne Les Guines afer:

x35-y24-BB20-Campagne_Les_Guines_after.jpg

Grandvilliers before:

Grandvilliers after:

Isbergues regained it's Railway station. Before:

x39-y21-BF17-Isbergues-before.jpg

Isbergues after:

x39-y21-BF17-Isbergues-fixed.jpg

So as you can see this is just scraping the surface (actually that could be said quite literally) of the map works. We're sure there is much more to come!

Finally as this is about the map work, here are a few pictures of the current work in progress on the English countryside as we steadily make it look more authentic:

960797206782a89c8e000f9beb576521.jpg d66b9df7cebbb4cf4f87ac62baeb7763.jpg 9d7ef40391747501cb070a1cfd6ff2ff.jpg

Oh and finally one more picture. This one shows another fix we started work on. Ground to a halt on but now we're pretty sure we have a good idea of what was going on with the rivers in the distance

Before and After:

Rivers.jpg

So hopefully that will tide you over for a few days? Looking forward to whatever the future reveals as we delve into the Source Code, cheers, Mysticpuma/Team Fusion Simulations
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: TFS Update 06-04-2017 - Some of the Channel Map, work in progress

Wow so cool. The code just arrived what, 2 days ago? Imagine what you can do in a week! MysticPuma you are going to have to work harder my friend. Many things to see and show!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Well having had the great news that the Source Code had arrived other parts of our team have been steadily been decoding the current map file and seeing just where some issues currently are.

##All that follows is current Work in Progress and not guaranteed to be included in it's current revision##

Firstly, there has been the "Great Lakes" of France that came under scrutiny and with a little more tidying up the plug should have been firmly pulled very soon

Before:

x27-y02-AV02-before.jpg

After:

x27-y02-AV02-fixed.jpg

Next comes a surprise for us. Inside the map were hidden features caused by some broken coding. The next images show the difference in fixing small parts of that code. Nothing has been added in the FMB or by a Mission Builder, what you see was already there but hidden by the broken code.

Marquis West Before:

x33-y24-BA20-Marquise_West-before.jpg

Marquis West after:

x33-y24-BA20-Marquise_West-fixed.jpg

Grand Villiers Before:

Grand Villiers After:

Campagne Les Guines before:

x35-y24-BB20-Campagne_Les_Guines_before.jpg

Campagne Les Guines afer:

x35-y24-BB20-Campagne_Les_Guines_after.jpg

Grandvilliers before:

Grandvilliers after:

Isbergues regained it's Railway station. Before:

x39-y21-BF17-Isbergues-before.jpg

Isbergues after:

x39-y21-BF17-Isbergues-fixed.jpg

So as you can see this is just scraping the surface (actually that could be said quite literally) of the map works. We're sure there is much more to come!

Finally as this is about the map work, here are a few pictures of the current work in progress on the English countryside as we steadily make it look more authentic:

960797206782a89c8e000f9beb576521.jpg d66b9df7cebbb4cf4f87ac62baeb7763.jpg 9d7ef40391747501cb070a1cfd6ff2ff.jpg

Oh and finally one more picture. This one shows another fix we started work on. Ground to a halt on but now we're pretty sure we have a good idea of what was going on with the rivers in the distance

Before and After:

Rivers.jpg

So hopefully that will tide you over for a few days? Looking forward to whatever the future reveals as we delve into the Source Code, cheers, Mysticpuma/Team Fusion Simulations
    Fan-frickin-tastic! Very exciting stuff! Nice work you guys.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

4. Likes Mysticpuma, No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Thank you very much for the frequent updates!
    It is just good to know things are progressing.

I can imagine, right now you feel like archaeologists do, when after digging away meters of sterile soil the finally reach a layer rich with finds you never expected.

S!

DerDa

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Thank you very much for keeping us up to date MP.

The graphics of the sim have always fascinated me and what is being uncovered and improved upon is such exciting stuff.

We have so much to look forward to, all thanks to TF, and this amazing sim is getting even more amazing by the day!!

~S ~
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

7. Likes Hurricane, No.119_Viper (VK-S) liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Love updates big and small! Thanks! I wish I could know if trees will be actual objects in game one day, aka able to crash into them. Soon I feel ill know the answer, soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

This is all rather darn exciting isn't it.
    Let the treasure hunt commence
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Love updates big and small! Thanks! I wish I could know if trees will be actual objects in game one day, aka able to crash into them. Soon I feel ill know the answer, soon.
    The trees can be made collision objects.

But first of all....

- TFS has to update the game to Speedtree 7.0 from 5.2 (cost involved)

- a lot of code has to be written

- we have to be sure there will not be too much of a hit on FPS

Nothing is simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    So hopefully that will tide you over for a few days?
    Isn't it the right time to continue with the regular "TF Friday Updates"? This would grant you a full day until the next update.

12. Likes ATAG_Lolsav, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    The trees can be made collision objects.

But first of all....

- TFS has to update the game to Speedtree 7.0 from 5.2 (cost involved)

- a lot of code has to be written

- we have to be sure there will not be too much of a hit on FPS

Nothing is simple.
    Nothing ever is. Thanks for the reply! I feel we'll know soon if its worth it, but from the sound of it, it probably wont make it. Here's to hoping though!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Buzzsaw, know you'll have millions of suggestions/requests, but what's the likelihood the range of contrail visibility could be increased? They seem to pop in at short range currently considering IRL you'd probably see them before spotting the plane producing them.

15. Likes JG4_Thorwald liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Nothing ever is. Thanks for the reply! I feel we'll know soon if its worth it, but from the sound of it, it probably wont make it. Here's to hoping though!
    They will be collision objects some day... we are just not sure for which release.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thumbs up Re: TFS Update 06-04-2017 - Some of the Channel Map, work in progress

All this are the only progress after you Dev team have hands on the source code??.. I really wish no.
    At the cost to be banned I am to tell you all my disappointment: yes you work for free (now till?..). yes isn't much time you have the code .. BUT- do you really think that discover some hidden object in the map or make little quite invisible change in the landscape or erase a layer of a lake is a great result that worth the matter to show in "update" tread here??..
    Then may be never you TF TEAM will go to solve REAL CORE problems that affects this sim that are for example: FM/DM improvement of planes, atmosphere density change, collision forest etc. Hurry upp!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

XRap, they ARE working on that, this is barely scratching the surface. Or was that post of yours even serious? Kinda rude..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

X Raptor, at the risk of you feeling jumped on by TFS enthusiasts, can you do better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by X-Raptor View Post
    Then may be never you TF TEAM will go to solve REAL CORE problems that affects this sim that are for example: FM/DM improvement of planes, atmosphere density change, collision forest etc.
    They have mentioned that they are working or have worked on EVERY POINT you just mentioned. And they have stated countless times that some things can't be shown that easily in an update... come on, give it a break... They are doing everything you are wishing for, you just can't see it yet... I can't understand your dissapointment at this point....
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

21. Likes ATAG_Dave, JG4_Thorwald liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

X-Raptor are you aware they've had the source code for only two *days*?

Not sure what your level of experience with software is, but no matter how expert TFS prove to be, or whether they will prove able to fix whatever issues you feel are wrong about CloD, expecting huge changes after just a few hours with a codebase they'd never seen till two days ago is, well, more than a bit unrealistic.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

All this are the only progress after you Dev team have hands on the source code??.. I really wish no.
    At the cost to be banned I am to tell you all my disappointment: yes you work for free (now till?..). yes isn't much time you have the code .. BUT- do you really think that discover some hidden object in the map or make little quite invisible change in the landscape or erase a layer of a lake is a great result that worth the matter to show in "update" tread here??..
    Then may be never you TF TEAM will go to solve REAL CORE problems that affects this sim that are for example: FM/DM improvement of planes, atmosphere density change, collision forest etc. Hurry upp!
    Wait!...Did Germanwolf change his forum name?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Oh, and heres a SpeedTree 7.0 vídeo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Is by tomorrow OK with you?

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Like others have said, the SC has only been in our hands for a couple of days. What this update shows you INDIRECTLY is much much more than, "oh hey we have a new hanger on this airfield".

FM/DM's are always under improvement, atmosphere density bug has been found and destroyed which was already reported on, collision forests answer is literally right above your post. Trees will have a collision model, it just is too early to know which release.

We encourage everyone to post questions and requests for sure so don't take this response negatively, just be realistic. Colander is good, but not that good. Well.... maybe.
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Apr-06-2017 at 19:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Is by tomorrow OK with you?
    Two weeks, be sure.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

28. Likes ATAG_Flare, ATAG_Pattle, surfimp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

One nice thing about the boiling hot North African desert........Not too many trees

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    One nice thing about the boiling hot North African desert........Not too many trees
    Bushes... Shrubs... Date trees... etc.

http://westerndesertflora.geolab.cz/habitats.php
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Apr-06-2017 at 20:34.

32. Likes IIJG27Rich, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Looks awesome, especially that English Countryside! The only thing I can critique is the textures seem to "pop" at a certain distance in the last before and after shot. But this is amazing! The source code is what we've been wanting for all these years.

Huge props to Team Fusion and to 1C for letting this happen.

And to ATAG for being a great community to witness all this happen in.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Awesome work. I love the fact that I can take my printed 1942 map and navigate. I will, however, miss cheating on the far away rivers.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

The tree discussion made me very happy.

The deck fight will have a new evasion dynamic that should be really exciting. Using rivers to fly below the treeline and seat of the pants flying.

The occasional completely borked takeoff or landing........

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@X-Raptor
    Stay easy dude. The boys from TF also have a different life apart from Cliffs!
    Compared to the last year it is now really going forward, so drink a beer and let the guys do their work.

As far as the collision model of the trees is concerned, this would be a very cool thing and a real challenge.
    But if you include this feature in a paid update, you can not make sure that all this update use ...
    So, my thought is - yes would be a good expansion of the game - but if then mandatory for all (Because of equality of opportunity).
    And you just can not force anyone to install a paid update ...
    Although - would there be someone who not install it???

Many, many thanks to the whole TeamFusion team, you are doing a great job and I am looking forward to the next steps and updates that will come.
    Last edited by JG4_Thorwald; Apr-07-2017 at 01:26.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11689&dateline=148447  7538

Skylake I7 6700K ~ 4x4.6 GHz / 16GB DDR4 RAM 2400 MHz / MSI Z170 A Gaming M3 / NVIDIA GTX 1070 8 GB Palit Jetstream / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals AND X56 Rhino / TrackIR 5 / Windows 10 64bit pro

37. Likes ATAG_Pattle, SD_MBen liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    The only thing I can critique is the textures seem to "pop" at a certain distance in the last before and after shot.
    I believe this is because the French landscape is also getting a revamp in textures and the distant colors haven't been messed with yet. You won't have that abrupt line with the change of colors once the the map wizards reach those parts.

Hopefully the people responsible for this can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Apr-07-2017 at 01:47.

39. Likes 69th_Zeb, ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast