Thread: Heinkel 111 Bomsight

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Heinkel 111 Bomsight

Hello!

I just landed from a bomber mission with a Heinkel 111 H-2 on a map Joy-Division (ATAG). On the bombrun I activated the bombsight as I always do, but it did not appear. Instead on that the screen went dark grey with some text of the "Windows" still visible. I succeeded in returning back to the cockpit view. I tried again for several times, but the the bombsight never appeared. Luckily the game did not crash as it used to do before. Last year this problem caused the screen go black - not dark grey and the game crashed, but not today.

Ping was 139-140 as far as I can tell. What could have caused this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Heinkel 111 Bomsight

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Walstein View Post
    Hello!

I just landed from a bomber mission with a Heinkel 111 H-2 on a map Joy-Division (ATAG). On the bombrun I activated the bombsight as I always do, but it did not appear. Instead on that the screen went dark grey with some text of the "Windows" still visible. I succeeded in returning back to the cockpit view. I tried again for several times, but the the bombsight never appeared. Luckily the game did not crash as it used to do before. Last year this problem caused the screen go black - not dark grey and the game crashed, but not today.

Ping was 139-140 as far as I can tell. What could have caused this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance
    I flew the He 111 H-2 on the TWC server a few times lately.
    No problem with the bombsight.
    I’ll try on the ATAG server Joy Division next time it rotates.
    Did you clear your cache?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Hi, Noofy!

---"Did you clear your cache?[/QUOTE]----"

Actually I did, but a day before. Not today. I`ll clear it immediately. Good advice. Thank you.

See you. S!
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    I flew the He 111 H-2 on the TWC server a few times lately.
    No problem with the bombsight.
    I’ll try on the ATAG server Joy Division next time it rotates.
    Did you clear your cache?
    Hey Noofy,

Let me know the date and time (GMT) you want Joy Division to run and I will schedule it accordingly.

Snap

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hey Noofy,

Let me know the date and time (GMT) you want Joy Division to run and I will schedule it accordingly.

Snap
    Thanks Snap. Anytime really but I can wait for the rotation too. Is there a known sequence in the missions or do they shuffle randomly?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks Snap. Anytime really but I can wait for the rotation too. Is there a known sequence in the missions or do they shuffle randomly?
    They shuffle randomly, but Artist gave me the ability to schedule any of them to start at a specified date & time. Pop me a PM when a good date & time is for you and I will set it.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Sorry for the late reply but I was busy with other stuff the past few days.
    I confirm there is no bombsight visible in any of the German bombers (He 111 P-2 & H-2, and Ju 88 A-1) in Joy Division.

EDIT: Bombsights work fine. See update in next post.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Mar-20-2023 at 20:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I confirm there is no bombsight visible in any of the German bombers (He 111 P-2 & H-2, and Ju 88 A-1) in Joy Division.
    Correction:

The bombsights worked fine with me on all 3 aircraft in Joy Division.
    In my previous test I jumped immediately into the bomber's seat and looked through the bombsight. It takes about 30 seconds to recycle, and I probably did not wait long enough.
    Thank you Oskar for pointing this out.
    I went back in and retested properly. No issues