Thread: After various trys I can't get my old Campaigns to show up in 4.5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

After various trys I can't get my old Campaigns to show up in 4.5.

I've tried to transfer everything ( skins ,single missions ,campaigns etc.,)over from my old modded CloD. I managed to get most (none of the Winter ,Autumn map ones)of my single missions loaded , but not matter what i do i can't get other campaigns including Distersoft ones to transfer over to Blitz.Don't get me wrong I LOVE 4.5 and want to get rid of every other install of CloD , but not having my old campaigns to begin again is driving me a little crazy- can someone help?
    9 Do I have to transfer something into the new 1C SoftClub folder as well as the Missions & partts folder in Steam/what am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: After various trys I can't get my old Campaigns to show up in 4.5.

Well, for starters some of the plane names have changed so I'm not sure if it will run just by copying them over.
    Maybe Desastersoft can help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

I think I can reload desastersoft campaigns, but not sure why all the other third party campaigns don't show up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Desastersoft install a custom DLL that need placed in specific folder and be "unlocked" by Windows UAC.

Unfortunately seems that Desastersoft new owners don't support these old campaign anymore - even re-donwload the install is not allowed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Desastersoft install a custom DLL that need placed in specific folder and be "unlocked" by Windows UAC.

Unfortunately seems that Desastersoft new owners don't support these old campaign anymore - even re-donwload the install is not allowed.
    WOW!!! Do you happen to know if the campaigns even work with Blitz ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    WOW!!! Do you happen to know if the campaigns even work with Blitz ?
    Desastersoft campaigns I don't know - I don't own any of then.

But other 3rd part campaigns - example, made by Piper Kiev work normally (I already test "Dynamo").

Maybe Huninthesun campaign give issues since this campaign use custom DLL like Desastersof.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    85.83 MB

Desastersoft sent me an email saying it's not their problem.

Hopefully someone in the community can help us.

I just purchased this campaign.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Can someone that had Desastersoft campaign installed in 4.312 post printscreen of the folder

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover and of the Part folder with all sub-folders expanded?

This will help understand how this campaign are installed.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.02 GB

Hi 1lokos
    Actually there are two folders named Desastersoft into 4.312 (I have "Channel Battle" from desastersoft)
    The first one is named Desastersoft (with a capital letter D)and is located into the folder Il2-Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover. You will see all the folders in joined printscreens called part a-b-c-d
    Then there is another file desastersoft (with a small letter d) located in "parts" as you asked. You will see all the files in joined printscreens called part 1-2-3-4
    By the way, it's possible to copy and paste the folder desastersoft into mission/single into COD Blitz and play the missions as single only. It's a pitty because there are made for campaigns with a panel of victories but one can play them anyway.
    Hotpe it helps to find out the way to have all Desastersoft campaigns playable in Blitz.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    329.58 MB

I tried to make fresh install of the desastersoft wick vs Dundas campaign and it didn't work.

For starters, the installer does not give me the option to customize the installation folder. It assumes that CloD is installed in the default stream installation folder in C:

In my case I have no stream games in C.
    What I did was to copy all the files that the desastersoft installer creates into the right CloDBLZ install folder.

In game, the desastersoft campaign is showed in the singer player mission menu, but when I click to access the campaign nothing happens.
    Specs:Intel i7-2600K@4.6 // Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev3 // GTX 1080ti // 16 GB DDR3 // SSD // HDD WD 10K // Win7 x64 // 3x24'' monitors @ 6050x1200

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Take a look in Huninthesun post about the custom DLL used be their campaign - maybe the procedure work for Desastersoft DLL.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post115513

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    443.81 MB

Unfortunately the Desastersoft overlay does not work anymore. The explaination is given by 1lokos. Sure it is possible to play the missions as singlemissions but this just takes away for me the main reason to install them in the first place. Without the campaign overlay to track the campaigns it's stripped of its main difference from the stock missions.

Well... I hope that there is a chance for an agreement or whatever between TFS and DS. Maybe TFS find time to implement some form of SP campaign overlay that tracks missions/pilot history/victories/etc. Of course I am aware that you guys have lot on your plate, so this is just a wish.

I'll lurk the ATAG forums as usual but I removed CloD from my computer because the content I used to play is gone for now. It would be too sad to see the great improvements of 4.5 and not be able to use them in my favorite SP environment.

cheers
    d.
    Last edited by DennydD; Dec-17-2017 at 09:10.

13. Likes Uthevl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Denny

We are hoping to see new player campaigns emerge as the development continues... so please, keep your eye on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DennydD View Post
    Unfortunately the Desastersoft overlay does not work anymore. The explaination is given by 1lokos. Sure it is possible to play the missions as singlemissions but this just takes away for me the main reason to install them in the first place. Without the campaign overlay to track the campaigns it's stripped of its main difference from the stock missions.

Well... I hope that there is a chance for an agreement or whatever between TFS and DS. Maybe TFS find time to implement some form of SP campaign overlay that tracks missions/pilot history/victories/etc. Of course I am aware that you guys have lot on your plate, so this is just a wish.

I'll lurk the ATAG forums as usual but I removed CloD from my computer because the content I used to play is gone for now. It would be too sad to see the great improvements of 4.5 and not be able to use them in my favorite SP environment.

cheers
    d.

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DennydD liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re Desastersoft: the 32bit Desastersoft DLLs can't be used with the 64bit Blitz exe. Desastersoft needs to recompile the DLLs to 64bit versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    443.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello Denny

We are hoping to see new player campaigns emerge as the development continues... so please, keep your eye on the forums.
    Thank you Buzz! You guys never let anybody down. Thats why CloD and TFS is great. I'll stay in ATAG forum and w8 for the next cool things you create. To bulid an ingame overlay with a functional database is a possibility that haunts me for more than 1 year. It's not that hard, but it is for sure a lot of time to invest. You know that.

cheers
    DennydD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Looking at a demo, I'm afraid the only reason Desastersoft campaigns don't run is because they use "System.Data.SQLite.DLL" which is 32 bits only. If they just download the 64 bits and recompile, it would run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

.... "System.Data.SQLite.DLL" which is 32 bits only. If they just download the 64 bits and recompile, it would run.
    Thing is Desastersoft disband the team who make this campaigns - e.g. know simmers Veteran66, YoYo are part of this team - when the company was sold years ago and the new owner (seems not involved with sims or programing) sales politic is "buy as is, after sales issues is your problem, not mine".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Ok. Took me 10 minutes to get it working.

Here's the fix:
    ds_fix.zip

Hopefully it works for everyone as it seems that lately what works on one machine doesn't work on another.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A TFS SUPPORTED PRODUCT SO DON'T EXPECT ANY SUPPORT ON THIS INCLUDING ANSWERING ANY QUESTION.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.55 MB

Thanks Colander your fix is working for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    147.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Pursuit View Post
    Thanks Colander your fix is working for me.
    Can you tell me the install procedure please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    329.58 MB

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Can you tell me the install procedure please?
    1. Unzip the content of the ds_fix.zip file to a folder of your choice.

You will get a folder called "MAIN_INSTALL_FOLDER" that contains a subfolder called "parts" and an file called "Launcher64.exe.config".

2. Select all + copy the content of the "MAIN_INSTALL_FOLDER"

3. (Optional) In your il-2 Clod Blitz install folder make a backup of the following files

X:\XXX YOUR STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDERXXX\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe.config
    X:\XXX YOUR STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDERXXX\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\desastersoft\System.Data.SQLite.dll

4. Paste the copied files to the "X:\XXX YOUR STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDERXXX\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz" folder.
    5. Override when prompted

It`s working for me. thank you very much Colander
    Specs:Intel i7-2600K@4.6 // Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev3 // GTX 1080ti // 16 GB DDR3 // SSD // HDD WD 10K // Win7 x64 // 3x24'' monitors @ 6050x1200

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    334.47 MB

It works!!! thank you !!!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

I can confirm this works for me too!

ATAG_Colander you and TFS have my sincere thanks and appreciation.

Worth a sticky to help others?

Really enjoying Blitz update especially the engine sounds and getting this fixed is the icing on the cake for my SP flying.

I can't thank you and the team enough for all your hard work and dedication.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jcenzano View Post
    the installer does not give me the option to customize the installation folder. It assumes that CloD is installed in the default stream installation folder in C:

What I did was to copy all the files that the desastersoft installer creates into the right CloDBLZ install folder.
    Please! How to do it?

P.S. problem solved, thanks BOO

But in many missions the game crashes - the mission is not loaded or the mission crashes when trying to create a new group of aircraft.
    Last edited by Tychon; Jun-06-2018 at 00:15.