Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFS Developer Update - Patch v4.54

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Re: TFS Developer Update - Patch v4.54

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Dear Red Pilots.........I have to report some very serious intelligence just received from MI6, London.

We have just intercepted a letter, sent to Big Hilda at Lympne, from her sister, Brunhilda, who has been promoted from the Armoury and now works in the Laundry Department at Marquise West. Apparently she is now in charge of all JG 52's smalls! In her letter, Brunhilda boasts that JG 52 are invincible! They cannot be shot down because the Fuhrer has issued them with...........................IRON UNDERPANTS!!!!!!'

Experimentation with cannon firing Spitfires has consequently been accelerated and it seems likely the new weapons will be available for the up coming North African Campaign!

Iron underpants.....manufactured by Krupps, deep within the Rhur! This explains everything.....just what will the dreaded 'yellow noses' think of next! Salute!
    Although German manufacturing produces very innovative and highly engineered stuff. Its production is a rather slow process and as a result there aren't enough Iron underpants to go around. However, the pilots of JG52 who have been issued these are often referred to by their fellow pilots as 'Der Unter Clankers'.

2. Likes ATAG_Marlow, farley, alphapapa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

By gum! What a fine pair of ........smalls!

Good looking woman, that Hilda! Perhaps JG 52 can sneak into the Laundry at Marquise West and supply a photo of the vaunted Brunhilda? We'll be all AGOG! Smuggle it across on a JU 88! We promise not to tell The Reich Marschall!

(And if she happened to be sporting a pair of iron underpants, Highseas will be forever in a-quiver! ) Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

(And if she happened to be sporting a pair of iron underpants, Highseas will be forever in a-quiver! ) Salute!
    There's the latest reconnaisance picture, taken by an intrepid Blennie crew with exteme zoom lenses and wall penetrating x-ray cameras:

http://es-kiz.ru/wp-content/uploads/...d022249123.jpg

The secrets of German laundry will be no longer stay sectret!

5. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Iron underpants.....manufactured by Krupps.......

I have a pair of those Marlow. Honest!

But for some reason they are getting rusty.......

As i seem to be......

"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

7. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi all,

I've noticed since yesterday a problem with the colour when playing in single player mode. The Menu and title pages are fine but in-game the whole screen is dominated by a yellowness hue. This is when looking inside and outside the cockpit. I've tried messing with in-game video options settings but can't get rid of this. I noticed in the release notes a reference to shades - could this have upset something?

Thanks

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the update and all your ongoing work TFS. Can't wait for v5. Unfortunately I'm having probs with this latest patch. Whenever I'm near another aircraft I get out of control polygons everwhere. It's like someone's vomitting evil triangles over my screen.... Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It might be a good idea to clear your cache.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

....nothing wrong with a 'flat bottom,' Slot. I used to sport one myself! (About 35 years ago!) Salute!
    Likewise!

Hope Big Hilda and Brunhilda don't take it personally....

As a red pilot I need my cannons asap.

Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

12. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    I have a pair of those Marlow. Honest!

But for some reason they are getting rusty.......

As i seem to be......

Commiserations, Farley, dear chap....you're definitely NOT alone! Salute!

14. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TNScones View Post
    there aren't enough Iron underpants to go around. However, the pilots of JG52 who have been issued these are often referred to by their fellow pilots as 'Der Unter Clankers'.
    ......BBBBWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

'Der Unter Clankers!' Love it, Sconesy!

16. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Fantastic job chaps, many thanks - been longing for realistic smoking tracers for years!

Also great news that we no longer get double markings on customs skins when playing back tracks - so helpful for movie makers and I'm surprised no-one else has cheered this one. Are the great days of CLOD movies now over? Is Barfly no longer making his stunning films??!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

so more additional effects in the next patch hopefully!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.22 GB

I want to say thank you to TF for all your time and effort. The true feeling of flight has been introduced more than ever before in v4.54. I am amazed at the difference and excitedly look forward to 5.0!

WH

20. Likes danperin, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Really appreciate the update, especially the removal of default skins in replays

Really only had a few minutes to run it so I ran the default Black Death trk to see some of the new effects. First thing I see is the white vapour pouring out of the 109, not sure what causes it but it runs through the trk leaking from the aircraft. Interesting effect.
    What did stand out for me (again just looking briefly at the effects) is the odd looking explosions on the ground.

So if anyone runs the Black Death track it's the point when the bombs explode on the runway. They sort of explode, the explosion builds and plumes and then the inertia stops. It's really difficult to explain but they explode and then freeze rather than expand? I honestly don't like the effect.

Don't think I don't appreciate the time and effort to remove particles and increase fps, but somewhere in the process the explosions have lost there power/beauty/impressive Ness.... they just look wrong. Hopefully there is a way to bring some beauty back to them?

One point I would hope can be explained is the move to a non Steam patch downloader. The move to Steam was seen as a huge boon for the sim, even as recently as yesterday players were saying how surprised they were to launch Steam and see a new patch downloading. This was the whole point. A unique distribution system which takes away the need for the player to hunt down or proactively try and find a new patch. Should they be unaware that Clod is still being developed, loading Steam will simply update. Simple.

So simply put, why the change?

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

Great work guys. Best way to do a developer update

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Really appreciate the update, especially the removal of default skins in replays

Really only had a few minutes to run it so I ran the default Black Death trk to see some of the new effects. First thing I see is the white vapour pouring out of the 109, not sure what causes it but it runs through the trk leaking from the aircraft. Interesting effect.
    What did stand out for me (again just looking briefly at the effects) is the odd looking explosions on the ground.

So if anyone runs the Black Death track it's the point when the bombs explode on the runway. They sort of explode, the explosion builds and plumes and then the inertia stops. It's really difficult to explain but they explode and then freeze rather than expand? I honestly don't like the effect.

Don't think I don't appreciate the time and effort to remove particles and increase fps, but somewhere in the process the explosions have lost there power/beauty/impressive Ness.... they just look wrong. Hopefully there is a way to bring some beauty back to them?

One point I would hope can be explained is the move to a non Steam patch downloader. The move to Steam was seen as a huge boon for the sim, even as recently as yesterday players were saying how surprised they were to launch Steam and see a new patch downloading. This was the whole point. A unique distribution system which takes away the need for the player to hunt down or proactively try and find a new patch. Should they be unaware that Clod is still being developed, loading Steam will simply update. Simple.

Cheers, MP
    The reason why this update was introduced, as read, is also to test a new method of distributing updates. I also liked this update because it did not cause slowdowns in the fluidity of the simulator. I would just like to hope that in the next edition v. 5, the fluidity is preserved that in my case allows me to fly with a frame rate locked at 30.
    Best regards

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Cheers, MP
    Here's a video of the issue compared to previous versions.

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

One of the features I was really looking forward to, especially as it would allow great tank battle footage is the fix for pop up grass. So I created a quick mission and ran it. Pop up grass isn't fixed by a long shot, here's video I created just. This is a complete fresh install of Blitz with v4.54. Did the fix get included?

The very small mission can be downloaded here. Copy it into you
    MyDocuments\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single
    then just load it from the Single Mission interface. When it starts you may have to hit F2 to get to the vehicle, then you can see the grass pop into view as it always did

http://www.mediafire.com/file/853lbh...grass.mis/file

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Spitfire Tracer Opinion: The smoke trail tracers are very pretty and I hope they are authentic, but with outboard guns firing tracer every seventh round, I find smoke to be excessive and sometimes disorienting. I have always preferred outboard tracers so that I can perceive convergence at the target as well as divergence during strafing of ground targets... (All bullets are between the impacting tracers).

The new smoky tracers are so pronounced that I found it necessary to switch to tracers on the inboard guns only to avoid these issues. With tracers every seventh round in the inboard and outboard guns, the target frequently became obscured due to the excessive smoke.

My only reference for tracer effect is from gun camera footage in the movies, but it seems to me that CLoD needs to tone it down a little to match these historical film records of gunfire tracers.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Always have to ask, did u clear your cashe after 4.54 install?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Spitfire Tracer Opinion: The smoke trail tracers are very pretty and I hope they are authentic, but with outboard guns firing tracer every seventh round, I find smoke to be excessive and sometimes disorienting. I have always preferred outboard tracers so that I can perceive convergence at the target as well as divergence during strafing of ground targets... (All bullets are between the impacting tracers).

The new smoky tracers are so pronounced that I found it necessary to switch to tracers on the inboard guns only to avoid these issues. With tracers every seventh round in the inboard and outboard guns, the target frequently became obscured due to the excessive smoke.

My only reference for tracer effect is from gun camera footage in the movies, but it seems to me that CLoD needs to tone it down a little to match these historical film records of gunfire tracers.

I am with you on this one. Same observation and problem. I am presently at 6 to 1 on the outboard guns and since you were at 7 to 1 I think I will try 9 to 1 to tone it down some.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Cheers, MP
    Maybe you want to overthink what's more realistic.
    I like it because it looks more realistic to me, watching your video.
    Previously you have the brown dust balls floating around the ground and black smoke above it traveling higher.
    Now you get squirts of dust and stones thrown up into the sky really fast by the explostion until they stop because of gravity and airdrag.
    The higher the expanding speeds, the faster it slows down. And dust is so light, it stopps really fast
    After that the black smoke of fuel and fire creeps up above them.
    You might be little bit right if you don't want them the dust and smoke freeze that quickly, and want the black smoke creep up faster or be a little higher then the squirts in first place.
    Please watch your video again, in the end the black smoke gets above it.
    Look at the squirts, they look atleast similar to 4.312, which is much better in my opinion, better than 4.53.
    It's not the best, I still don't like the black smoke balls and all teh other "balls", but still it's an improvement to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    I am with you on this one. Same observation and problem. I am presently at 6 to 1 on the outboard guns and since you were at 7 to 1 I think I will try 9 to 1 to tone it down some.
    OK, I did some testing and I am wrong here. I had set my loadout for a white tracer every 4 rounds (3 to 1) about a week ago and never changed it back. How that it is set to 7 to 1 I like, no problems with the smoke tracer for me.

Bill

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Here's a video of the issue compared to previous versions.

In my opinion it is now more realistic, especially for how the ground is projected.

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Personally I'd prefer even more marked smoking effects with tracers - there are Battle of Britain camera gun films which show marked tracer smoke from all eight guns but interestingly no sign of glowing tracers. Could these be de Wilde rounds?

There is a reference in Ginger Neil's "Gun Button to Fire" BOB memoirs where he says how much they liked de Wilde because it left a 'nice smoking trace and distinct flash on impact' - implying that the round, whilst not tracer as such, left a distinctive smoke trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Concerning the 'grass popup': Unfortunately there will always be a 'popup', because that's the way a visibility bubble works. So we did not say it's gone completly. We said "Enhanced grass rendering (Fix for the grass popping up)."

For comparison:

This is how it looked like on 4.53:
    https://vimeo.com/306643091

This is how it looks like in 4.54:
    https://vimeo.com/306643186

This does not solve all problems, but we think it is an improvement for the time being.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Less pop up

I'd call that a win

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Guy's, not sure if mine has updated correctly but I just did an update that was only about 13mb in size, done in no time at all and my game display's Version 4.54 on the in game screen.

Steam mentioned nothing about 6-8 gig updates. Two of the guys that I fly with on line had 6 gig updates.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I had to verify my files to get it to trigger the update
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    I had to verify my files to get it to trigger the update
    Thanks, just tried that in steam/Clod Blitz properties and it said all my files are good. Weird aye.
    Cheers, Aussie Pilot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast