Thread: Hi ATAGers... Can not even start my engine !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    821.9 KB

Hi ATAGers... Can not even start my engine !

Hi ATAGers

I do not even know how to start the Engine in the Tutorial (IL2 CoD) start take off !!!

I am using Windows 7 Xbox controller (with keyboard) ini provided by Steam version...

So many posts and Youtube videos... is there a simple way to start engines ?

I will only fly Spitfire I think... I can fly Flight Simulators easier... but I will not give up !

Happy Flying --=|=--

Sim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Re: Hi ATAGers... Can not even start my engine !

Hi Simball .

Hope I was of some help just now in the main chat . The Spitfire is a very popular plane so you should find any help you need easy to find .

Basic start procedure .

Throttle set to between 20-25% . Fuel cock on . 100% Prop Pitch . Chocks on . Press I key and she should start up .

It will need to warm up before you can really open the throttle . Around 20 degrees on the Oil temp .

At some point you'll need to open the radiator to prevent over heating . I usually do it (when I remember ) just before taking off .

If you have any problems and have a mic and earphones then TeamSpeak will put you in touch with someone who can aid you very quickly .

Good Luck and have a great time . Welcome to Blitz Sir

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

3. Likes QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by simball View Post
    Hi ATAGers

I do not even know how to start the Engine in the Tutorial (IL2 CoD) start take off !!!

I am using Windows 7 Xbox controller (with keyboard) ini provided by Steam version...

So many posts and Youtube videos... is there a simple way to start engines ?

I will only fly Spitfire I think... I can fly Flight Simulators easier... but I will not give up !

Happy Flying --=|=--

Sim
    I think the default key to start engines is "I". Check this out in you Controls settings.

You can also try a quick mission where you are already airborne.

This link shows the startup about 5:45 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SexVraRDZg4

5. Likes QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    821.9 KB

Red face Re: Hi ATAGers... Can not even start my engine !

Thank you ATAG_Knight and ATAG_Oskar...

Very good help... I got it flying quickly after your advice and with the Youtube link

I will read the forum help and watch more You Videos now... I just wanted a quick fly ! I was so excited just to have a quick flight

I have flown most Flight Sims... and started with BoB Rowan and BoB2.... Battle of Britain Flight sim which was great ! Many years ago ! Plus I fly RC Remote Control Aircraft...

I'm now older and have more time to fly... but I have forgot how tricky it was to start again... but I will get back into it soon !

Thank you again... and Happy Flying -=|=-

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by simball View Post
    Hi ATAGers

Hi simball,

I have tried flying using an Xbox controller and found it possible but quite challenging. It's fun in single-player as you can turn off the realism settings.

If you want to dive in to multi-player the persistent servers have the realism settings turned on so you will need to be very skilled with that controller if you want to compete. You can get a good-enough Joystick for cheap though.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

8. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    821.9 KB

Hi ATAG_Septic

Yes are correct it would be tricky... I will only use xbox controller for quick single player. It is easy to keep attached to PC and ready to go !

I have a good Joystick for my Flight Sims and could use it for multiplayer...

Thank you for the advice

Happy Flying -=|=-
    My Birds & Wildlife UK @ YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/simbirdcom