Thread: Beginners question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Beginners question.

I'm looking for a way to get TS working. . . . from the beginning. I'm not super sharp with the computer. I got this email from TS and it's link took me to this forum. I'm real sorry if this is redundant. I looked thru the topic list and couldn't find anything.

This is what the email contained - http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php 216.52.148.29:9987

Thanx for helping me.

Shawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Re: Beginners question.

Hi Shawn

Just download the teamspeak client to your pc and instal. (the one specific for your operating system)
    http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

You will need a microphone, but even if you dont have one you will be able to listen.

Once installed, open it up, click connections top left and add the ip address ( 216.52.148.29:9987 ) and add your nickname, click connect and you should be in.

Later you can save the specific server permanently but that should get you going.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Dec-12-2014 at 14:16.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Here is a short tutorial on how to set up your Teamspeak:

Note: You need a microphone to be able to speak, but you do not need a microphone in order to listen to people talking.

1) Install teamspeak from here http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
    I have Windows 7 and a 64 bit version, so make sure you select the appropriate version for your operating system.

2) Once Teamspeak is installed, open it and check the upper menu tabs. You should find a tab called "Bookmarks" right next to the "Connections" tab. Click on "Manage Bookmarks" in the scrolldown menu.

3) You should see a small window that pops up called "Bookmarks". Click on the "Add Bookmark" button on the upper-left section of the blue bar.

4) Enter "ATAG SERVER" in the label textbox, enter "216.52.148.29:9987" in the "Address" textbox (this is the IP address of the ATAG teamspeak server) and enter the nickname you want to appear in the Teamspeak in the "Nickname" textbox.

5) Click "Apply" and "OK" and you will be brought back to the main Teamspeak window.

6) If you want to join the teamspeak server now using the Bookmark you just set up, you just have to click on "Bookmarks" in the upper tabs.

7) You should appear in the main lobby. Just click OK on the "Host Message" window that pops up. You should appear in the "Ready Room" channel.

8) In order to move to other channels, just double-click with the left mouse button on the channel you want to go to. You will see different users marked as blue circles and different channels marked as grey or yellow rectangles.

And that's pretty much it! Every time you want to join teamspeak, just follow steps 6 to 8 and you'll be good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

WOW! ! ! Thanx much for the info and the walkthru. Didn't expect that much detail but I sure need to have my hand held. Thanx again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    WOW! ! ! Thanx much for the info and the walkthru. Didn't expect that much detail but I sure need to have my hand held. Thanx again.
    Shawn,

Please make sure you have a button configured for "push to talk". Background noises (and unintended noises) will flood the channel otherwise.