Thread: Back to Clod

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Question Back to Clod

Hello Atag
    I have taken some years away from flight sims/pc and now i am trying to get back, the thing is that my set up was lost in the mean time (no mic, no trackir, cheap joystick)

What would be your piorities if you have to get new gear? good joystick? freetrack/trackir? pedals?

Used to have a diy freetrack and it changed a lot, now i can buy a trackir but i dont know if its worth it, should i do it or i go for a pseye and a homemade clip?
    Im flying with an old logitech 3d logitech-extreme-3d-pro-joystick-1000px-v1-0006.jpg its not bad for such an old piece.

Finally, did the community migrated to Bos/Bom? Should i get them?

Best regards, Sorry for bad english
    Last edited by kanishka; Mar-03-2018 at 02:36.

2. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Re: Back to Clod

Welcome back to CloD!

Your Extreme 3D Pro will probably do fine as long as the axes are still functional and the potentiometers till clean. If it starts to jitter (especially in the rudder) it's time for a new stick first. Personally I recommend the Thrustmaster T.16000M - very good for price and what I upgraded to from the Extreme 3D Pro when mine got all wobbly.

If your stick is fine, I would go for a headtracker. You can either buy them or DIY, I did DIY and it was somewhat cheaper than getting an alternative such as DelanClip but you do have to source all the correct components and have the equipment to do it. This thread is a good place to start: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=24794

And no, Cliffs is still the main ATAG flight sim. I own BoS and like it, but I still prefer CloD.

Good luck and see you in the skies

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

4. Likes BOO, kanishka liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Hello there welcome back. The top priority gear wise would be to get track ir . Its essential to have in my opinion. Sticks are 2 a penny quantity wise with some being the dogs bollocks and this is reflected in the price ranges. Stick wise i would get a Tm16000, cheap but a bloody good stick so you would be sorted there but you got to get track ir mate. Never tried or even seen ed tracker or whatever its called so cant comment on it. But Sturm from my Staffel uses it and he slays reds ok using it

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

6. Likes kanishka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you guys!
    The prices down here are ridiculous in comparison so i decided to import the stuff, even with the taxes you save a lot.

Was about to buy the Tm16000 until i saw the Gladiator-mk2 s038no7.jpg it was love in first sight , a replica of a 109 stick? isnt the future awesome?

I am reading lots of reviews about them and deciding wich one is the one

See you in the skies! (30-60 days from now when it all arrives lol)
    Last edited by kanishka; Mar-05-2018 at 01:18.

8. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome back kanishka...Only just sen this thread...

I always recommend the old MSSW2 for folks even as a backup...Highly competitive stick and reliable even in todays high tech world...Oh yeah..and cheap on eBay!

Have fun man...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by kanishka View Post
    Was about to buy the Tm16000 until i saw the Gladiator-mk2 s038no7.jpg it was love in first sight , a replica of a 109 stick?
    VKB Gladiator grip design is based on Luftwaffe KG-12B grip used in Bf 109/Fw 190's.

Technically this joystick is superior to T.16000M - besides X,Y axes, use contact less sensor in twist rudder too (T.16000M keep cheap/low quality pot in twist axis).

Although Gladiator KG-12B has only 3 buttons on grip has better usability that the 4 in T.16000M because the "pinky" button can be "shift" for 2 top buttons and POV HAT (in place of B Knopf) what result in more 6 virtual buttons, beside that this "shift" can be applied to 13 buttons in base in 2 modes (use buttons above # 32 require keymapper, due Windows/games limitation).

Now the bad news: Gladiator Mk.II production was discontinued after only 2 years (seems due bad commercial agreement of manufacturer) - remain the last units in stock, so if you rush maybe can get one from Aliexpress.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-07-2018 at 23:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Wel we have a used one here in this site

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...827#post306827