Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: Hello all

Well, looks like it's not your ConfUser.ini causing the issue: I've used yours on my system, and spawning in a Hurricane at Hawkinge on the DangerDogz server just now, I could start its engine, by pressing the i key. (After switching on the fuel cock).

So, if that's not it, what is?

Edit: And what Bondi stated: please tell us what you do, when and where 'in cockpit'... it's like impossible for anyone to help you fix this with the info we currently have
    Last edited by DD_FT; Jul-26-2019 at 13:21.

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    "I do it" lol

What cockpit? What exactly do you do in the cockpit? You need to list ALL the details this time. You even don't bother to share the name the aircraft type. WRITE MORE WORDS SEAN.

Cheers,

Bondi
    I dont have a key assigned to fuel because I turn it on in the cockpit.
    Sean Bayne

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Bayne View Post
    I dont have a key assigned to fuel because I turn it on in the cockpit.
    So, you turn the fuel on, there's a message 'Fuel Tank Selector Main' (or something similar), in blue text at the right hand side of the screen.
    Next you press the i key.
    Does it show 'Engine Starting' in the status window?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    So, you turn the fuel on, there's a message 'Fuel Tank Selector Main' (or something similar), in blue text at the right hand side of the screen.
    When you press the "I" key, does the engine crank?
    If it does, but only "coughs and sputters", is your fuel cock set to the on position?
    If the fuel cock is in the on position but the engine only "coughs and sputters" when you press the ignition key, is your throttle level set somewhere between 0% and 25%? If it's more than 25% this will also prevent it from starting!
    If the fuel cock is in the on position, the throttle level is set somewhere between 0% and 25%, but the engine only "coughs and sputters," you can check to see that the magnetos are in the on position (they normally are switched on automatically when you hit the ignition, although I generally turn mine on manually before hitting the ignition).
    If all the above is applied and your engine still only "coughs and sputters" when you press the "I" key, is there fuel in the tanks? The default when you enter any plane is 100% full tanks. You can adjust the amount of fuel in your plane by going to the "load-out" page. Maybe, for whatever the reason, your plane is being equipped empty. The rule of trouble shooting is always begin with the most basics

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I do all that and it does not say anything it is like the key is not even bound.
    Sean Bayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Padre (VK-P) View Post
    When you press the "I" key, does the engine crank?
    If it does, but only "coughs and sputters", is your fuel cock set to the on position?
    If the fuel cock is in the on position but the engine only "coughs and sputters" when you press the ignition key, is your throttle level set somewhere between 0% and 25%? If it's more than 25% this will also prevent it from starting!
    If the fuel cock is in the on position, the throttle level is set somewhere between 0% and 25%, but the engine only "coughs and sputters," you can check to see that the magnetos are in the on position (they normally are switched on automatically when you hit the ignition, although I generally turn mine on manually before hitting the ignition).
    If all the above is applied and your engine still only "coughs and sputters" when you press the "I" key, is there fuel in the tanks? The default when you enter any plane is 100% full tanks. You can adjust the amount of fuel in your plane by going to the "load-out" page. Maybe, for whatever the reason, your plane is being equipped empty. The rule of trouble shooting is always begin with the most basics
    Nothing happens not even the engine coughing it is like the key is not even bound.
    Sean Bayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Nothing happens not even the engine coughing it is like the key is not even bound.
    Just curious, is that command ‘engine toggle’?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Well according to DD-FT, its not your confUser.ini file, since he used it to start his Hurricane on DangerDogz server. Is this the file you are using for your game? Maybe check that this is the file that is being loaded. I actually have created custom ini files with my preferred key/axes assignments, so I don't actually use the confUser.ini. Next time you try your game, go to your Control Options page and select the "Load" button, when the search file window appears, select the confUser.ini (we know this is a good file since DD-FT tested it) and then select "Open", then hit "Apply" and exit the Control Options page. Now go onto the DangerDogz server and select a red base and select a Hurricane and begin the startup procedure. If that doesn't do it, then I'll have concede that the problem is beyond my knowledge base.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DRock View Post
    Just curious, is that command ‘engine toggle’?
    Toggle Selected Engines
    Sean Bayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Toggle Selected Engines
    I’d like to join you on TeamSpeak sometime soon if that’s alright.

I’m in EST.

12. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Toggle Selected Engines
    What aircraft are you in?
    If it has two engines, you'll first have to select one engine, then hit I ...

14. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

What aircraft are you in?
    If it has two engines, you'll first have to select one engine, then hit I ...
    His engine start command doesn’t work, FT.

As if it wasn’t bound.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

His engine start command doesn’t work, FT.

As if it wasn’t bound.
    Yes, I know... and that's exactly what will happen when in a multiple engine aircraft...
    Spawn in a Blenheim, press the I key, and... nothing!

17. Likes TWC_Padre liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I’m in EST.
    Im EST aswell I am busy today but tomorrow I can hop on.
    Sean Bayne

19. Likes DRock, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Im EST aswell I am busy today but tomorrow I can hop on.
    Ok, let’s do that, Sean.

21. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Yes, I know... and that's exactly what will happen when in a multiple engine aircraft...
    Spawn in a Blenheim, press the I key, and... nothing!
    Single engine problem.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Single engine problem.
    Okay, I never read that from any of the information given ... It's not mentioned what a/c he's is in.
    But if you do know, then... never mind.

Next thing I am thinking is a sticky shift/alt/control key... yet that'd be a bit... weird!

Do other keys work? Like Open the cockpit, bail out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Okay, I never read that from any of the information given ... It's not mentioned what a/c he's is in.
    But if you do know, then... never mind.

Next thing I am thinking is a sticky shift/alt/control key... yet that'd be a bit... weird!

Do other keys work? Like Open the cockpit, bail out?
    If that was the case he wouldn’t be able to type « i » in his posts...
    Plus he tried binding other keys than i to this command.
    It is as if the game does not understand this command at all.
    He did re-install the game from scratch too, so this does not make much sense to me at all... (was it a "clean" re-install?).
    A TS discussion will be more effective than the ping-pong game we are doing here. I am sure DRock will get more details to frame the bug tomorrow.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

25. Likes ATAG_Knight, DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

I’m in EST.
    I chatted with Sean a week ago when I found him loitering in the 'Help' channel on ATAG TS. We tried many of the suggestions posted in this thread but I drew a blank.

I suggested to Sean he place a 'help' post here and told him the Community would come to his aid. and so it has proved. Many thanks to you guys for helping and continuing to help Sean.

You see, Sean? These guys just want to help. ATAG Drock has masses more experience than me and I am hopeful he will get to the bottom of your problem. Hang on in there....but keep us posted! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    293.36 MB

A suggestion would to have him try a Blue plane, due to the fuel injectors. Or have him rebound the key, to see if it is the key acting up in game. I know that during and after playing CloD my period key [ . ] ceases to work. It persists after the game is closed and I jsut restart windows after flying to solve the issue.

Glad to see you introducing yourself. Welcome to the forums! I believe you have winged up with me a few times, and I was completely confused.

28. Likes Sean Bayne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I think my issue is my keyboard after all, Some keys that used to work dont work in other games I play, I guess its time for a new keyboard.
    Sean Bayne

30. Likes DRock, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Scones, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

I think my issue is my keyboard after all, Some keys that used to work dont work in other games I play, I guess its time for a new keyboard.
    That would certainly do it. It was one of the tests I was going to do for you.

Glad you pinpointed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Try binding the Toggle Selected Engine command to a joystick button (as a work around test). If the joystick button works, then your keyboard is the likely culprit.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

33. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

If the "i" key was defective on your keyboard, your message would have read:

" thnk my ssue s my keyboard after all, Some keys that used to work dont work n other games play, guess ts tme for a new keyboard."

Anyway, like Snapper said, bind it to a joystick button, best way to be sure
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

35. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DRock, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post

" thnk my ssue s my keyboard after all, Some keys that used to work dont work n other games play, guess ts tme for a new keyboard."

Hmm, I think keyboards are nefarious critters. They send out text signals just fine but can goof up Oskar-ite (new word I just thought up) signals known only to flight simulation assignment charts. Depends if the coffee you spilled on your keyboard had cream or just sugar, I believe.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

37. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Toggle Selected Engines
    Wrong command... that is for multi-engined aircraft... to select a different engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post

I have binded it to a joystick key and no luck, and also my windows key does not work which is why I think it may be a keyboard issue.
    Sean Bayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

[QUOTE=ATAG_Snapper;336690]Hmm, I think keyboards are nefarious critters. They send out text signals just fine but can goof up Oskar-ite (new word I just thought up) signals known only to flight simulation assignment charts. Depends if the coffee you spilled on your keyboard had cream or just sugar, I believe. [/QUOT

You making up new words like the RAF banter scene in Monty Pythons Flying Circus. Anyways I know what you mean.
    Sean Bayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

I have binded it to a joystick key and no luck, and also my windows key does not work which is why I think it may be a keyboard issue.
    Hey Sean, are you making sure to "apply" the changes you make to the current configuration file you have loaded? What you've explained above does not make sense: if you've bound the key to a joystick button and it still doesn't work, that has nothing to do with your keyboard, it means there is something going on with the binding process. But as I mentioned in an earlier message, DD-FT tried the confUser.ini file you posted and had no problems with the bindings on his computer. And as mentioned by others, if the problem was with your keyboard, you wouldn't be able to type the messages you are able to. I think the problem lies with which file is being loaded. Look at my earlier message and give that solution a try.

P.S. I too tried the confUser.ini file that you posted, and had no problems with starting my plane, the only problem I had was that it obviously did not contain my preferences, because it was not my user file, so my joystick, my throttle, my special key combinations did not work. But by using the default settings I was able to start my Hurricane. Be sure you are loading your customized configuration file.

P.S.S. Upon closer investigation, I compared the confUser.ini file to the default confUser.ini that I have on my computer, and they are identical. So if you are binding your keys/joystick axes/buttons properly, you have created a different file somewhere, since none of your changes are listed in your confUser.ini file. Next time you make changes to your preferred keys/axes/buttons, maybe save the changes using the "save as" option, and give the file a unique identifier i.e. Sean's_Setup. Then make sure you load (make active) this file with your changes. If you still have problems, then use the notepad to post your Sean's_Setup.ini information (like you did when you posted your confUser.ini file) and we will be able to take a look at is and see if you are binding things properly.

Give this a try and let us know.
    Last edited by TWC_Padre; Jul-30-2019 at 00:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

" are you making sure to "apply" the changes"

That's where my bet is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast