Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Re: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Ah, bad luck man... Frustrating isn't it.

"...pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not."
    - Keith Miller, Australian Test Cricketer, Australian Rules Footballer and WW2 RAAF pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Hey Naz, does your notifier work everywhere or just in game?
    Does it matter if you have the free version or paid version of Teamspeak?
    This problem is like a Chinese finger trap, I'm going to learn everyone's voice before I solve this one.

All the more reason to have a second monitor. Soon.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Yeah it works everywhere on my rig now...For example;

On the windows desktop, it will show me the list of users names when I push my "push to talk" button. When I am not holding that button, the list disappears and the desktop is "clean". Similarly in the menus of Cliffs, it will do the same.

Whilst in cockpit however, the list remains on screen the whole time so I can see who is in the same TS channel as me...anyone speaking will have their name turn a different colour. Anyone muted etc will be a different colour again etc. All the colours are changeable in the options of course.

I don't use TS for any other game as yet but I bought ARMA 3 (alpha) recently so will be using it for that when I get the time. I would expect it to work for me in that game too now.

I was online last weekend and helped one or two chaps set up their TS Notifier successfully in the ATAG help channel, so the "fixes" that work for me have also apparently worked elsewhere too. Really sorry It isn't of more help to your situation mate, good luck.

EDIT: I have the free version of TS ... didn't even know there was a paid version to be honest LOL.

- Keith Miller, Australian Test Cricketer, Australian Rules Footballer and WW2 RAAF pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    Hey Naz, does your notifier work everywhere or just in game?
    Does it matter if you have the free version or paid version of Teamspeak?
    This problem is like a Chinese finger trap, I'm going to learn everyone's voice before I solve this one.

All the more reason to have a second monitor. Soon.

Thanks again.
    Hi DRock,

I've been using a 2nd monitor for a long time now. It is handy. I keep TS on it - it's amazingly easy to see who's speaking with your peripheral vision (we're speaking inches, here! LOL), plus you get to easily see and keep track who's logging in and out of TS. I also monitor my GPU load (EVGA graph), plus CPU info, too. Monitors can be had for really cheap these days, since a high end one isn't needed for this.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Naz, Drock,

Afraid I got the same problem as Drock. Got the overlay everywhere except when in the cockpit. What I noticed is that in the gamesettings.ini the entry for launcher.exe appeared.

Running windows 8.1.

Thanks Redeye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Hey Redeye

Sorry for delayed response mate, I've only just seen this older thread resurrected. Not much I can do to assist I'm afraid.... There are so many different people who get different issues with the various overlays...one works for one person but not for someone else as this thread attests.

I am currently using the overlay that came with TF v4.0 ... And since it works I haven't tried the others again. Previously I was able to get TSNotifier working but not the native TS one all the time. I haven't tried the overwolf one that comes with TS now either.

Perhaps give the TF one a go, instructions are somewhere in the read me for v4.0 I think or maybe in the download itself (sorry I can't remember). It won't work with the new version of TS though so that's why I haven't upgraded to the latest version of TS.

I use win 7 64 bit too, so again, I'm not really across Win 8.

Really sorry I've not been more helpful mate. Next time we are in the server together I'd be happy to drop into a sub TS channel and see if we can get the TF overlay working for you if you'd like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dear ATAG_Bliss,

Do help a brova here, please. I dunno where to find this "gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini)". You see, I'm not very good at tinkering with PCs, so a gentle guidance about where to find it will be much appreciated.

Note, please, that I've downloader the notifier already just as you advised. I've checked in the Steamapps and TFs Cliffs of Dover folders without success. Thanks, mate.

Oh, and I use Windows 8 64bit.

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Works great. Thanks!
    Vadr
    Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Most pilots expect their airplanes to perform. The Me 109 expects its pilot to perform." -- A. Galland

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Vadr View Post
    Works great. Thanks!
    What TS-Version are you using? The latest one?
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Vadr
    Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Most pilots expect their airplanes to perform. The Me 109 expects its pilot to perform." -- A. Galland

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So I setup the Notifier yesterday and the overlay worked on my Windows desktop, but in CloD it didn't show up. I edited the .ini file and restarted all of the programs. (CloD, TS and Notify) but could not get it to pop up. I'm on the newest version of TS3. (3.0.16) Anyone else having this issue?
    -Avman-[DGI]-
    A V man

i7 3820, 32GB RAM, GTX 580, TrackIR 5, X52-Pro Flightstick & Throttle. Pro-Flight Rudder Pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, 27" Monitor.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Avmandgi View Post
    So I setup the Notifier yesterday and the overlay worked on my Windows desktop, but in CloD it didn't show up. I edited the .ini file and restarted all of the programs. (CloD, TS and Notify) but could not get it to pop up. I'm on the newest version of TS3. (3.0.16) Anyone else having this issue?
    i stayed with an older ver of ts3. i also made a new info window and used the overlay thats in the the TF mod.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Saipan View Post
    i stayed with an older ver of ts3. i also made a new info window and used the overlay thats in the the TF mod.
    Unfortunately the only download available on the TeamSpeak site is the newest. So no going back for me now... What is this overlay built into the TF mod? Are there instructions somewhere for this?

{EDIT} Ok I found this post on another forum:

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/1...speak-overlay/

to install the team fusion TS overlay plugin you must 1st find the DLLs in your game installation folder. I found mine in the folder...
    C:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\TeamSpeak Integration Plugin
    contained in this folder are 2 DLLs...
    CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin32.dll
    CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll
    copy these 2 files into your TeamSpeak plug in folder, I found this by right hand clicking the TeamSpeak shortcut on my desktop and then left click on open file location and look for the plugin folder, mine was in ..
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\
    open the plugins folder and copy and paste both the "CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin32.dll" and "CLOD TeamSpeak Integration Plugin64.dll" files in your TeamSpeak plugins folder.

Anyone know if this works?
    Last edited by Avmandgi; Aug-12-2014 at 14:48.
    -Avman-[DGI]-
    A V man

i7 3820, 32GB RAM, GTX 580, TrackIR 5, X52-Pro Flightstick & Throttle. Pro-Flight Rudder Pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, 27" Monitor.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

go into the game, edit your info window (i think its its alt right click), you should see TS overlay on the right.....move it to the middle. personally i would make a new window and edit that one.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    341.98 MB

I got my Clod overlay working using ts3 version 3.0.12 But now I'm getting this message every time I start it up, I would like to use this version, any ideas how to reset the settings files?ts.png
    I fly close to my man, aim well and then of course he falls down.

-- Captain Oswald Boelcke

i5 2500k, gtx 670 2gb, 8 gb ram, win 10 64

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Don´t forget to assign a window to display the overlay:

TS-windowTxt.jpg
    John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Re: Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Hi all. Here's an overlay that works great for IL2COD. I run Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly for me. It's nice thing to have with only one monitor. That way you can always know who's talking and who's in your channel while in game.

Download from here: http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/SetupTSNotifierV1.4.7.msi

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start the program and enable it (tsnotifyer). Now go into the game once and exit (it will not work initially). Now go into the gamesettings.ini (in tsnotifier there's an option for "edit gamesettings.ini) - Once inside it will look something similar to this:

Once you find Launcher.exe (this is why you have to start the game once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for IL2COD. Now restart TS3 / TSnotifier again and hop into IL2COD. You should have an overlay!
    Here's what it looks like on my screen with both of our mic's keyed up. When noone is talking it's virtually invisible. Very cool! Enjoy!

I'm having some issues with running TS notifier. I tried to open it straight up and as admin, but I get the same issue even after I uninstalled and reinstalled it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    528.14 MB

Is there any 'procedure' how to make TSNotifier runing smothly?

I've got Win764. After I configured TSNotifier I was able to see who's talking and entering tschannel. But currently it is some tricky to get it working and game freezes sometimes (I added sweetfx recently - is it possible they confilict somehow? )

I thought that I should have CloD and TS3 running and than TSNotifier, but it freezes CloD or makes it unresponsive for a few minutes and no overlay.

Yesterday after some tries I tried following TS3 and TSNotifier and than CloD and it worked. However I do not know whether it will work today/tomorrow. I like this feature but 30 minutes for trying and trying sounds like time wasting.
    Is there golden rule to have it working all the times (lets say within 5 minutes)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

TS Overlay works now. At least it dose in HSFX1946, so it should work with Cliffs.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Hi All

After a week of trying to make TSNotifer work, I have given up. The Bad news. Tried TS BeaClaw with same results. More bad news.

Then I went to Overwolf again (Been there done that already), It workds for knowing who is talking while in game.

After instaling and running overweolf, I clicked on the teamspeak Icon on the overwolf icon. (Teramspeak must be on) Then you must turn TS notifications on by clicking on it. A panel will appear on your desk top you can move anywere. Now go into the game. Go to alt Tab and back to the desktop. Touch the info screen to TS notifications and it will be in your game. Have fun.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Trackingbear View Post
    Hi All

After a week of trying to make TSNotifer work, I have given up. The Bad news. Tried TS BeaClaw with same results. More bad news.

Then I went to Overwolf again (Been there done that already), It workds for knowing who is talking while in game.

After instaling and running overweolf, I clicked on the teamspeak Icon on the overwolf icon. (Teramspeak must be on) Then you must turn TS notifications on by clicking on it. A panel will appear on your desk top you can move anywere. Now go into the game. Go to alt Tab and back to the desktop. Touch the info screen to TS notifications and it will be in your game. Have fun.
    Is this the only method to have TS overlay showing in the game now?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    Is this the only method to have TS overlay showing in the game now?

Thanks.
    I launch TS3 and Notifier as an add on launches automatically. Never had an issue. A great relief because I'm without computer skills !

Daz

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I launch TS3 and Notifier as an add on launches automatically.
    Daz
    Daz, could you elaborate on what you said?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    Daz, could you elaborate on what you said?

Thank you.
    Honestly I can't recall what I did when I installed all this years ago. Looking at TS3 under Tools - Options there is 'Addons'. Along the top is the 'Plugins' tab. TSNotifier Helper Plugin is Enabled in that list.

If I recall I downloaded notifier and installed it separately then this 'enable' option makes Notifier launch automatically when Teamspeak launches. I pretty well guarantee I did this by following a tutorial, most likely on this forum. I'm really not computer literate hehe.

Everybody's system is different and some have issues with overlays. Some launch their TS after CLOD, but I've not found any issues launching it 1st. I believe some have conflict issues with other overlays running together but I don't have anything running other than TS with Notifier.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Apr-22-2020 at 12:52.

25. Likes Sabrefly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I use it. Have done for ages.

And recently reinstalled. (Last week as it goes)
    I followed the directions that Bliss gave right at the beginning of this tread as i had forgotten what to do.

Works flawlessly.

I have ts notifier set to start with teamspeak. It is one of its options.

Works great.
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-22-2020 at 13:15.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

27. Likes Sabrefly liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Sounds like a very handy tool.

Thanks!

29. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

It is very good.

The main thing to get it working is to add the cliffs launcher.exe into the list of the .ini file of ts notifier.

It is detailed how to do that in the early posts in this thread

This whole thread should probably be culled just to the first page of posts!

Still.... its nice to chat

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

31. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123