Thread: Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Oct 16 1930 UTC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Oct 16 1930 UTC

Saturday October 16th 1930 UTC

Bardia Serenade is set at the pivotal moment when Australian forces supported by Matilda tanks are poised to attack the western side of the Bardia perimeter. If the fortress falls British forces will capture the supplies stockpiled there and will have access to the port. This would relieve stretched supply lines and greatly aid the buildup for the assault on Tobruk. Both sides can influence the outcome with bombing and strafing attacks on ground forces.

A practice mission will be staged 30 minutes before mission start. Be there at 19:00UTC for that.

Note: This mission allows the Blue side to fly the French D.520. This is not historical but gives players a chance to fly this very interesting and rarely seen aircraft.

Teamspeak channels for both sides have been created on the ATAG TS server for these missions.

The Pursuit - Blue
    The Pursuit - Red

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Re: Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Oct 16 1930 UTC

Will be there.
    I don't like the D.520 too much so I think I will continue on red side.
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

Ready for take off

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Will try my best to be there.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Exclamation Re: Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Oct 16 1930 UTC

ATTENTION WIMPEY SQUAD (and those who'd like to join in the fun):

I have just created a super-secret, ultra-exclusive forum entitled "Bardia Serenade".

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...300#post376300

You can't see it unless you are given specific access. There is a war on, don'tcha know. If you have a hankering to fly with some intrepid Welly pilots, either let me know here in this thread or shoot me a Private Mail. You will then get access to a very detailed and exciting War Plan.

Hope to see you all soon!

Snapper

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Oct-11-2021 at 08:29.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

If you need fighter cover I'm in
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

[QUOTE=ATAG_Oskar;376226]Saturday October 16th 1930 UTC

Note: This mission allows the Blue side to fly the French D.520. This is not historical but gives players a chance to fly this very interesting and rarely seen aircraft.

I only flew the D 520 a couple of times , but its a really capable aircraft, fast, rolls really well, decent weapons, I can see that anyone who invests a little time in mastering this aircraft would be a dangerous foe.

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    If you need fighter cover I'm in
    You’re in, Squadron Leader!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Devastated that once again the gods have conspired to 'cock me up....date wise!' However, I am on 'ATAG business' ...well, sort of.

I am travelling to Norfolk to help ATAG_Laser with his new hobby of playing the guitar. To say I'm 'giving him lessons' is perhaps a little grand but this is the first time we have been playing in the same room since I first started Laser on this musical madness two years ago...and we are looking forward to 'seeing how it goes.' Zoom is all very well but limited where music is concerned.

With a bit of luck I might just get home in time to take part in the last part of the evening. Fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Devastated that once again the gods have conspired to 'cock me up....date wise!' However, I am on 'ATAG business' ...well, sort of.

I am travelling to Norfolk to help ATAG_Laser with his new hobby of playing the guitar. To say I'm 'giving him lessons' is perhaps a little grand but this is the first time we have been playing in the same room since I first started Laser on this musical madness two years ago...and we are looking forward to 'seeing how it goes.' Zoom is all very well but limited where music is concerned.

With a bit of luck I might just get home in time to take part in the last part of the evening. Fingers crossed!
    No worries, Marlow, we look forward to the video!

On the off chance you make it back home in time, you now have access to the Bardia Serenade Wimpy Squad forum.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...300#post376300

13. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Meaks liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Hi Snapper
    Been grounded over the summer due to work commitments and was itching to get back in the dear old Welli and, as if on cue, saw your "Serenade" post.

Please can i have access so i can catch up.

Booking my Saturday night now!

Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow, Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

[QUOTE=ATAG_Snapper;376302][FONT=arial black][SIZE=5]ATTENTION WIMPEY SQUAD (and those who'd like to join in the fun):

I have just created a super-secret, ultra-exclusive forum entitled "Bardia Serenade".

PLS.. Let me in

bomb001ol6.gif
    Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

17. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

9./JG52 will be there

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

19. Likes ATAG_Snapper, MrSteven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Apologies for being the cause of you being unavailable for ops Marlow. Unlike Marlow, who has to travel back home after our long awaited guitar jam, I could possibly make this event time wise but will probably give it a miss and pay some attention to my wife having spent all day playing guitar, but hope the event goes well.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

21. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

To say I'm 'giving him lessons' is perhaps a little grand
    You are too modest Marlow... you've taught me a hell of a lot.. for which I am extremely grateful.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

23. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Jeepy, Slot, and Laser - you now have access.

25. Likes ATAG_Laser, ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Meyer View Post
    9./JG52 will be there

Hals und beinbruch
    Fantastic!

The Wimpey Squad looking for 9./JG52 LOL

27. Likes DerDa, 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Hi Snapper and fellow gentleman of the Wimpy Squad...... if I can make it on Saturday,I would love to reacquaint myself back in the fold......that's if you'll have me back of course
    Last edited by Meaks; Oct-12-2021 at 11:51.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    Hi Snapper and fellow gentleman of the Wimpy Squad...... if I can make it on Saturday,I would love to reacquaint myself back in the fold......that's if you'll have me back of course
    Welcome back, Meaks!

You now have access!

30. Likes Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Welcome back, Meaks!

You now have access!

A gentleman as always....thanks Snapper

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

32. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I've been looking forward to this continuation of events in Libya, and certainly any opportunity to form up with the Wimpy lot. But alas again I'm elsewhere with shows in Zelienople PA that day and evening. I feel fortunate to play guitar and earn income again though.

Next time perhaps.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    I've been looking forward to this continuation of events in Libya, and certainly any opportunity to form up with the Wimpy lot. But alas again I'm elsewhere with shows in Zelienople PA that day and evening. I feel fortunate to play guitar and earn income again though.

Next time perhaps.

Daz
    Sorry you can’t join us, Dazza, but glad that gigs are opening up again for you. It’s been a long haul, to be sure.

I’ve given you access to Bardia Serenade to you can have a look.

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Oct-12-2021 at 12:58.

35. Likes Dazza, DerDa liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

G'day all,
    Good to see the Wimpey group up and about! Work's been keeping me grounded over the past few months, so I've missed all the fun so far. Things should settle down in November, and I hope to take to the skies again. Would be good to jump into the trusty Wellington once more at some stage.
    I'll pop into the forums when I can to see how things are going with the Welli Squad in Operation Compass. Be great to see some videos of your triumphs!
    Cheers!
    ATAG_Bubba

37. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Very sorry Gentlemen.....I will not be able to attend tonight's sortie,I just won't be able to get home on time,it was always doubtful for me,but I was rather hoping to join in tonight.....I hope I will see you all soon,winter's on it's way and I'll have more time on my hands at home.

Good luck and may your God's go with you

Meaks
    Last edited by Meaks; Oct-16-2021 at 05:37.

39. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Meaks,

That’s a shame, we shall miss you. But there will be future missions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

We should set up another Wimpy night on TWC. I need someone to tell me where to fly to and when to drop my bombs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Well! that's a turn up for the books!

My car has lost it's clutch, with much grinding, banging and swearing from the driver! I had a horrendous journey home from Henley to Marlow, with little control of the engine....a bit like having a venting and overheating Merlin, half way over the Channel and you only have seven thousand feet on the clock! But I made it home....just!

Of course, driving to Norfolk is impossible until it's fixed, so Laser and I will have to wait even longer for our much heralded guitar session. However, it does mean that I can fly the sortie tonight!

All I need to do is get down to the Op's Room and find out what Snapper has talked me into! Ha ha!

See you all later. Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Have a look at Karaya's excellent video of this event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okgGZrXaZu4

And get ready for a new mission in the new year.

44. Likes Sleepy_Fly, ATAG_Slot, ATAG_Snapper liked this post