Thread: Just purchased Desert Wings Tobruk on the Official Il-2 Store website...now what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Just purchased Desert Wings Tobruk on the Official Il-2 Store website...now what?

Purchase of Desert Wings Tobruk went smoothly & quickly thru the Official Il-2 Store & I have my license key,but when I went down my list of purchases & found the record of the purchase it seemed to indicate I could download the game as well.I hit download in all the right place & immediately got a exe , but it seemed to be for Great Battles, with no indication it might include Desert Wings. I didn't hit 'Install"- should I? Previous post seemed to indicate I will still have to wait a week until it appears in Steam & then enter my License key. My question is obvious what do I do now? Hit the GB exe& have Desert Wings to play now or patiently wait until next Thursday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Just purchased Desert Wings Tobruk on the Official Il-2 Store website...now what?

When Tobruk was available, you just need take the code included in your IL2sturmovik.com account,
    open STEAM, in "Games" choose "Active a product on Steam", enter the key (Product Code) and leave STEAM do the rest.

3. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Re: Just purchased Desert Wings Tobruk on the Official Il-2 Store website...now what?

What GB exe you referring to?

If you activate the code in Steam, you should see the Tobruk under the DLC tab of Blitz page.

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

The GB exe I referred to was Great Battles exe, which I ignored.It was to do a re-install, which I didn't need or want.
    Just entered my activation code at Steamand it was excepted , now thw long week wait with:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.55 MB

Não consegui comprar na loja, outros também não. Porque não colocaram a pré-venda direto no steam ?
    JÄGER_Gauder

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudério View Post
    Não consegui comprar na loja, outros também não. Porque não colocaram a pré-venda direto no steam ?
    Você tem uma conta na IL2 Sturmovik? Se não, então você terá que criar um e ele vai manter o registro de todas as suas compras e chaves de licença.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

Me too...
    Purchase of Desert Wings Tobruk went smoothly & quickly thru the Official Il-2 Store

BUT how I get (license key)??? With email ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

I believe you go into your IL-2 account and then"License Keys" and copy your key number for Tobruk.
    Then go to your Steam Library and bottom left open "Add a game", the "Activate a product on Steam".
    Then add the product code and finish.
    I think that is the procedure.
    Having said that I don't think it is available quite yet.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

About four hours to go I believe

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.90 MB

For those watching the clock - release is scheduled for 5pm GMT

Repeat.... 5pm GMT

Good hunting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Steam says I have automatically got it from my purchase last week & entry of my key code then, but I can't find it in my library.Does anyone have a clue?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.03 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TUSA/Nuwen View Post
    For those watching the clock - release is scheduled for 5pm GMT

Repeat.... 5pm GMT

Good hunting!
    Trust me to get confused with GMT/BST ( British Summer Time )
    Everything went like clockwork.
    Been playing all evening - marvellous.
    Well done everybody.

14. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw, danperin, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Steam says I have automatically got it from my purchase last week & entry of my key code then, but I can't find it in my library.Does anyone have a clue?
    It uses the Blitz Launcher, there will be no entry on the Steam Library. It's just a "Blitz DLC".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Thanks to other Desert Wings guys I was able to find it It was there in Steam & it works...I just didn't know it started with the CloD Blitz startup.As far as I know this wasn't fully explained , but to be honest i might have missed it in my over enthusiasm...So in hindsight a smooth quick install without me having to do a thing...
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Thanks to other Desert Wings guys I was able to find it It was there in Steam & it works...I just didn't know it started with the CloD Blitz startup.As far as I know this wasn't fully explained , but to be honest i might have missed it in my over enthusiasm...So in hindsight a smooth quick install without me having to do a thing...
    Good thing is...Now you can play it at will

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Explained:

tf5.jpg
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

20. Likes danperin, ATAG_Snapper, VO101_Tom liked this post