Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ReShade & IL-2 CoD

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: ReShade & IL-2 CoD

Finally got to round to it - Really nice work YOYO

My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

2. Likes klajdirexha37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Dobra Robota!!! Thank you for this : ))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

S!,

Forgive my ignorance on this subject but what does this mode due to the distance that you are able to see contacts at? I already have a hard time picking aircraft up and adding eye candy that will exacerbate that situation probably is not a good idea for me. Is this something that will add to my problem?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.60 MB

I'm a novice but I think any amount or form of anti aliasing would hinder contact spotting to a degree. In my case I choose slightly better image quality over slightly better contact spotting. But keep in mind that you can toggle the ReShade AA off ingame in real time. So I'm thinking that would be an advantage over the ingame AA. I'm using the settings in the tutorial video below and found the AA slightly better for me. And as mentioned earlier the sky debanding is much nicer. The debanding settings are not in the video but are in the newest version of ReShade. I'm using the default settings for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmziSAz2B4M

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    386.71 MB

Can't for the life of me get this working, after install, Load game and all it does is just sit there on the MOD loading screen (desktop view in background) I usually get a black screen with the MOD logo, then it loads the anti epilepsy screen. If I uninstall the files for reshade game works fine again.

Please any help as I can't find any solutions on the web.

Cheers Exo

Solved: Doesn't seem to work in FULL SCREEN mode. Runs fine in Persudo mode. What is Persudo mode and how does it differ from Ful Screen?.
    Last edited by exocet72; May-30-2017 at 03:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

I used reshade without any problem till today...
    But now, I get this error :

Anyone know what can be the problem ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

ok , i have fixed the problem by deleting the file "shader.fx"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.2 KB

ty

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by exocet72 View Post

Solved: Doesn't seem to work in FULL SCREEN mode. Runs fine in Persudo mode. What is Persudo mode and how does it differ from Ful Screen?.
    In terms of general application rendering (Not just CloD and/or Reshade):

'Full Screen Mode' is like what you would of used for DOS games (if applicable). Basically put, it suspends rendering and composition of the 2D desktop and enables exclusive 3D full-screen rendering. (That's not quite accurate, but it's close enough). This is generally useful where you want to run an app (or game) and have it full screen, but render it at a different resolution to your current desktop settings. It's somewhat like 'Exclusive Mode' on your sound controller in functionality (WASAPI).

'Psuedo Full Screen' (or 'Fake-Fullscreen' as I prefer to call it) is a full-screen borderless 'Window' on the desktop that is rendered in Direct3D over the top of the existing UI. It does not attempt to alter the active resolution of the screen, and instead overlays a maximised window over the top of your desktop at the currently selected / native resolution. As with the above, this is somewhat like 'Shared Mode' on your sound controller (WASAPI). However, because most modern graphics chips have seperate parts of the core dedicated to 2D and 3D rendering, you shouldn't notice a massive fps hit with Psuedo Fullscreen (I prefer to call it Fake-Fullscreen, being a longtime Kodi/XBMC user). The exception to this will be older versions of Windows, using the 'Aero' interface, as I believe i'm right in saying that this does make use of Direct3D.

I think the first option may prevent usage of the Windows Key / Alt-Tab functionality (Because the 2D desktop is temporarily disabled), It certainly prevents remote viewing of the monitor output over things like Teamviewer and possibly Remote Desktop as well. It's a throwback to the 'good old days' where computers had different add-in cards for 2D and 3D rendering. Because it's a legacy 'feature', it can cause issues with more modern software if it's not been coded to work in both instances, i.e: relying entirely on newer standards, as I understand it.

(Note: All of the above is based on personal experience and observation over the last twenty years, rather than factual research, so apologies if anything written here is inaccurate).

Gib.

- Intel Core-i7 'Haswell' 4770K @ 3.5GHz, 32GB Kingston DDR3-DRAM, NVIDIA GTX980-Ti, TrackIR5 (Vector + TrackClip Pro), MS-FFB2/Logitech G940 -

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    527.00 MB

Great! Thx

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    557.02 MB

Thanks for this, looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.92 MB

THis looks great! Thank you for posting your settings.

Its looks like you got rid of alot of the shimmering on the horizon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

FYI I had to disable the Riva Statistics Server to prevent my launcher from crashing to get this to work
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.98 MB

Last edited by YoYo; Dec-17-2017 at 07:39.
    www.yoyosims.pl

Win 10 64, i9 13900kf, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2 VR res.2600x2548pxt

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    84.2 KB

Hi YoYo, I put the files in the correct folders but I'm not sure if I edited the dxgi file correctly. Were the 4 lines to edit under "General" 1,2,3 and 9 or the 4 lines in 1 and 2? I wasn't sure, so this is what I edited. See below. When I go in game it looks to load OK, but I don't really see any difference from stock game. FPS counter is running but when I press scroll lock it doesn't seem to turn the effect on and off. Is there any other settings I need to edit or select?

[INPUT]
    KeyMenu=113,0,1
    InputProcessing=2
    KeyScreenshot=44,0,0
    KeyEffects=145,0,0

[GENERAL]
    TextureSearchPaths=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\reshade-shaders\Textures
    EffectSearchPaths=C:\Program File (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\reshade-shaders\Shaders
    ScreenshotPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz
    PerformanceMode=1
    TutorialProgress=4
    PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATIO N_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_D OWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DE PTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
    CurrentPreset=0
    PresetFiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\ilcod_yoyo.ini
    ScreenshotFormat=0
    ShowClock=0
    ShowFPS=1

[STYLE]
    ColFPSText=1.000000,1.000000,0.000000
    ColActive=0.200000,0.500000,0.600000
    Alpha=0.950000
    ColBackground=0.275000,0.275000,0.275000
    ColText=0.800000,0.900000,0.900000
    ColItemBackground=0.447000,0.447000,0.447000

Thanks,

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.98 MB

It looks ok for me but:

Did You setup Scroll Lock? As default this key isnt connected for turn on/off.
    Did You set this profile ilcod_yoyo.ini as ReShade profile for CoD? It starts automatically if You did this, You dont need to use "turn on" key.

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 10 64, i9 13900kf, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2 VR res.2600x2548pxt

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    84.2 KB

Yes. I went into settings and highlighted Scroll Lock and selected it to turn effect on and off. It doesn't seem to do anything. It looks the same either way I press the key.
    Yes, that is the path that shows up when I open the app in game with Shift F2.
    Maybe the effect is very subtle? I don't really seem to notice any difference between stock and with Reshade installed. Maybe it's just me, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.98 MB

Quote Originally Posted by zuma75 View Post
    Yes. I went into settings and highlighted Scroll Lock and selected it to turn effect on and off. It doesn't seem to do anything. It looks the same either way I press the key.
    Yes, that is the path that shows up when I open the app in game with Shift F2.
    Maybe the effect is very subtle? I don't really seem to notice any difference between stock and with Reshade installed. Maybe it's just me, lol.
    No, the difference is big I suppose ;>:

Ok, remove all files, try second case (like for 4.312) just put dxgi, dxgi.dll and profile in proper folder (parts/core).
    www.yoyosims.pl

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    84.2 KB

I tried removing the files yesterday and reinstalling from your zip. Everything looks correct with the paths to my install.

I notice one thing though. When the game starts in the Reshade bar across the top, mine never says "Loading (7 effects remaining)......... This might take awhile. The application could become unresponsive for some time." at the bottom. It just shows the website and Press shift F2 to access the program. Seems like it's not loading the profile for some reason. When i go in game I see the profile path under Home at the top and it's correct.

I've tried hitting reload but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    989.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by zuma75 View Post
    I tried removing the files yesterday and reinstalling from your zip. Everything looks correct with the paths to my install.

I notice one thing though. When the game starts in the Reshade bar across the top, mine never says "Loading (7 effects remaining)......... This might take awhile. The application could become unresponsive for some time." at the bottom. It just shows the website and Press shift F2 to access the program. Seems like it's not loading the profile for some reason. When i go in game I see the profile path under Home at the top and it's correct.

I've tried hitting reload but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Put the .ini profile into "core" folder: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\ (putting Reshade profile into root folder IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\ does not work for TF 4.5)
    Start Game.
    Go to Quick Mission.
    Open Reshade menu with Shift+F2 and choose "ilcod_yoyo.ini" or any other profile.
    Enjoy.
    No. 303 RF-H (P3939) - Sgt Stefan Wójtowicz

Monitor: Eizo EV2455 24.1" CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.3 Ghz Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING RAM: DDR4 Corsair 16GB 3200MHz Vengeance GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock 8GB HDD: WD 1TB Blue SSD: GOODRAM 240GB Iridium PRO PSU: Corsair Corsair RM550X 550W Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Throttle: CH Pro Throttle Rudder: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals Tracking: TrackIR 5 + LaserClip

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    84.2 KB

fury1ord, I do have the .ini profile in the "core" folder. All the files are in the correct folders according to YoYo's instructions for 4.5.
    It starts with the game but never says "Loading (7 effects remaining)......... This might take awhile. The application could become unresponsive for some time."
    I go into quick mission and select YoYo's profile in the "core" folder and nothing seems to happen. looks exactly the same as 4.5 without it.
    I have no idea what is going on with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.98 MB

Noticed a problem when You select skins in TF 4.5.

Here is described problem but solution for this also:
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...s-45/?p=550380
    www.yoyosims.pl

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.95 MB

Thanks YoYo..will give this a try. I have a hard time spotting contacts on high resolutions. Dont want to reduce as I love this sims 'eye-candy'

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Is there anyplace I can download ReShade 3.1.1 without having to either join a site as a member, allowing invasive applications to load, or installing some spyware infected "download manager?"
    Edit: got it installed and working, but now I'm getting a launcher crash when I hit "fly" or "create"
    Last edited by =FI=Murph; Jan-31-2018 at 21:11.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Crash cause by enabling the the reshade fps counter. Launcher crash solved, now to figure why all my control settings are gone?
    How exactly do I tell it auto load a certain profile?

Okay, figured that out as well.

Does having the reshade console open disable controls? Is there something I'm doing with this that is wiping my controller settings clean? Has anyone else experienced something like this?
    Last edited by =FI=Murph; Feb-02-2018 at 10:36.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

It would appear that the reshade default setting is to block all game controls whenever the console is open. Under "settings" this can be changed to "pass through all controls".
    Now, i don't know if this could be the reason all of my control settings were erased, but it's the only change I've made, I had not installed the latest windows update yet when this happened. I do know about unchecking power management for each device through the device manager.
    Anyways, I'm back from a trip down the confusing, contradictory, oddly translated rabbit hole that is the game's control GUI. Crossed fingers.
    Thanks for the lack of comment or help. Hope what I've shared helps someone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

del

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.33 GB

Re: ReShade & IL-2 CoD??

Help. I am not new to CLOD, and have done some ugrading to my game. Then I ran across ReShade and this looks terrific. So I want to install this. Then I went to the instructions:

"2/ Unapck downloaded file (to desktop for example) and capy and save the path/structure with all files from this zip, so for example "reshade-shaders" folder in the main, oryginal Blitz folder, the rest in "parts/core folder" as You have in ZIP file."

What?

"3/ Open (for example by notepad) dxgi.ini file from "core" folder and change the name of disc (where You have IL-2 Blitz version) to Your (here is "S" where I have installed Blitz version). You must do it 4 times as You see on this picture below, after this save the file with Yor path for Blitz."

What?

I have respect for those who are modifying and creating these fabulous additions to this wonderful game, but these instructions are incomprehensible. It has nothing to do with misspelling or grammar. I understand the words, I just can't figure out what they are saying. IE: "...rehade-shaders" folder in the main, oyginal (original) Blitz Folder..." ???

And I must do something four times...haven't yet figured out what that is even with the example.

So, can anyone help me understand it? Maybe once I get some orientation to it I can figure it out.

I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating these additional add-ons. I understand these are a new language and new concepts for me as well, I just could use a little clarification.

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

1) Run the Reshade installer and point it towards the Launcher64.exe in the steamapps Blitz folder
    2) Choose DX10+ and whatever shaders you fancy
    3) Go to the steamapps Blitz folder and move the dxgi.dll and dxgi.ini into the parts/core subfolder

Done
    Last edited by Karaya; Feb-22-2018 at 15:48.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

not sure where you found those instructions Bone but - hell - I can understand your confusion!!

Ive been using Reshade for a good while and ive never had to resort to notepad!

Hopefully Karayas simple intructions are easier to follow!

Good luck
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast