Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very quiet from TF?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Very quiet from TF?!

Its very quiet... There must have some progress here and there. At leats one or two codes must have been cracked here and there.

A few replies here and there in some threads indicate that. I think it would do the community good to hear something even if its very small. Doesnt need to be a video or photo.
    What has been discovered. In the codes the last two months?

Of course some people might say that they will let us know when they have something but im not so sure. I know there is a big wish to keep things secret and quiet and maybe for a good reason. I have no idea.

The community is quickly dropping and my thought was that some update would attract players back to ATAG...

Best regards

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Re: Very quiet from TF?!

~S~ Kling,

The community is quickly dropping and my thought was that some update would attract players back to ATAG...
    I think this has much more to do with the nice weather in the Northern Hemisphere than people fully going away. Many of us have been getting back into other outdoor activities. I'm sure when the rain/snow comes again that ATAG will be running full tilt.

Just my humble opinion...

~S~

Deacon
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

We don't tell everything we are doing because if you knew everything there would be no surprises.

Underneath the silence the engines of progress are still in motion
    i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 11 Pro

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.38 MB

this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.

This is unfortunate, with the nice weather!!!

With ATAG is victory for BOS.

Just my humble opinion Nacy.
    Last edited by nacy; May-27-2013 at 10:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    We don't tell everything we are doing because if you knew everything there would be no surprises.

Underneath the silence the engines of progress are still in motion
    Thats the point...
    I think the silence of the engines is a very dangerous path to choose...

The progress in motion is what the community needs me thinks..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

Unsure why the game will "die" if it's not patched constantly? I'm sure TF have lives too!

I'm also baffled why people think new maps are required, at the end of the day your going to take off and fight in the sky no matter what landscape is underneath you!

What is missing from my opinion is a greater variety of aircraft, RAF is basically stuck with three, so that's always going to be a bit of a head scratcher for the map makers to come up with interesting missions when it's so limited!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by nacy View Post
    this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.

This is unfortunate, with the nice weather!!!

With ATAG is victory for BOS.

Just my humble opinion Nacy.
    Nacy, TF are doing this in their free time and they are giving all of that to us for free.
    You can't expect enything fast.

And look what paid proffesionals from BoS are doing.Took them few months to ruin beautiful cockpit
    and they had 3D model already.

Yes, new planes would be nice but making a new cockpit on CloD standard is time consuming.

And yes, game will die if people stop flying it. Campaigns and online wars are the most important thing to keep this small community alive
    and that is keeping alive old il2 still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

vranac if the top image (as I suspect it it) it looks like BOS has dropped back to some where between the original IL2 and CloD. Perhaps they feel IT is a happy medium. I agree with you in if this is their answer, it is poor. But not to be a complete nay sayer, their is more to come before we can make a final consensus of BOS.
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post

I'm also baffled why people think new maps are required, at the end of the day your going to take off and fight in the sky no matter what landscape is underneath you!

What is missing from my opinion is a greater variety of aircraft, RAF is basically stuck with three, so that's always going to be a bit of a head scratcher for the map makers to come up with interesting missions when it's so limited!
    That is one opinion. Personally the thing most likely to stop playing CLOD is boredom flying the same corner of the map over and over. Luckily Storm Of War seem to be looking into missions involving Cherbourg and Tangmere etc. and I am sure it wont be long before someone puts together a Battle Of France mission totally based in France. Yes, I would love to see a flyable Wellington or Beaufighter but I know that the cockpits are extremely labour intensive so we are unlikely to see anything new any time soon. A slightly new version of the spit or 109 is not something that holds any interest for me but that is just my own opinion.
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

I think the BOS cockpit is fine. Not as beautiful as the cockpit in CLOD but still pretty!

As for TF, new planes and new maps are veeeeery far down on the wishlist for me personally.
    Things such as

Damage modeling
    Visuals (fires and smoke effects)
    Anti aliasing
    LOD fix
    Grass bug
    AI gunner fix
    AI in general
    Bombsight control
    Landscape colours (british landscape)
    Shimmering shadows

This are faaaar more important in my book.
    This list above is not in a specific order but are small fixes that i think the game needs to be of a 2013 standard and although new planes would be fun it would make sense for these to come after the game is fixed first.
    New maps make no sense at all at this point since we only use a small % of the map we already have and its a huuuge map.

I have ful trust in TF but i just think its very quiet from them. What are the visions? The future goals? What can be fixed or discovered in the codes?! Any cracked game codes at all since last TF patch?

Best regards
    Last edited by Kling; May-27-2013 at 12:21.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post
    Nacy, TF are doing this in their free time and they are giving all of that to us for free.
    You can't expect enything fast.

And look what paid proffesionals from BoS are doing.Took them few months to ruin beautiful cockpit
    and they had 3D model already.

Yes, new planes would be nice but making a new cockpit on CloD standard is time consuming.

And yes, game will die if people stop flying it. Campaigns and online wars are the most important thing to keep this small community alive
    and that is keeping alive old il2 still.
    other people who have free time, as (Tiger33) (Jafa) is more

ATAG protects the COD code to tell us that it is against cheating (it's blah blah blah ...)

Look in il2 1946, no cheating?

Just my opinion Nacy:this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Gents,

The first patch didn't happen overnight it took quite a few months, and to make sure we keep the integrity of CLOD we ensure we take our time and do things right. No-one said it would be 10 months before another patch, so please don't put words into our mouths, but rest assured we have a bunch of very talented individuals who are working in their own time to improve the simulation.
    There are always an equal amount of people working to counter those who are taking a break and everyone on TF deserves some time off because a lot of them work 12 to 15 hours on modding and hold up jobs/personal lives etc as well. Like any development team we don't discuss everything we are working on publicly, but TF is an ongoing project and we all very much appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 11 Pro

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes ChiefRedCloud I agree with you and I know that is WIP and probably will look a bit better with lighting and shadows.
    But I just pointed out how time consuming is just to retexture existing cockpit and guys who are doing it work full time.
    But making cockpit on these standards for 2014. is very questionable even if I don't think that cockpit is the most important thing
    in flight sim.

They don't see CloD as standard, they are making different game, dogfight simulator which will be fun for some people.
    Simple graphics and no complexity of controls because they want wider public.
    But I'm pretty shure that there will not be posible to make online war or campaign in it and DM will not be even close to CloD.

The main point is don't rush TF guys because we are happy that someone continues to improve this sim
    and will give some new content to all of us.
    The game is playable now for most of the pilots, most of the CEM problems are solved
    just be patient and I'm shure that all of us will be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by vranac; May-27-2013 at 12:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Kling View Post
    Damage modeling
    Visuals (fires and smoke effects)
    Anti aliasing
    LOD fix
    Grass bug
    AI gunner fix
    AI in general
    Bombsight control
    Landscape colours (british landscape)
    Shimmering shadows

Without promising too much at least I can tell you that most items on your list (not all) are being worked on as we speak. With hard work and a little luck they will be ready for the next patch. But nothing promised at this point of course

Cheers/m

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Guys, this is the Cockpit of a 109F, right? Where does it come from? I have never seen it! Is that a TF-WIP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    Guys, this is the Cockpit of a 109F, right? Where does it come from? I have never seen it! Is that a TF-WIP?
    No, its from BoS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by II/JG53 Mattias View Post

Without promising too much at least I can tell you that most items on your list (not all) are being worked on as we speak. With hard work and a little luck they will be ready for the next patch. But nothing promised at this point of course

Cheers/m
    Mattis, allow me to trow in a word here:

If you manage to fix the radio-commands, you will probably see the community growing a lot. Or at least it will grow... you might not notice it, because this would be something that mostly offline-players would benefit a lot from. I know that Desastersoft is planning to make some more add-ons for CloD, and I know they would sell very well with a fixed radio-comm-system!

I don`t need working radio-coms as i am a online-player only, but I know that you would make a lot of people very happy with this...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    No, its from BoS
    I am talking about the second picture... that does look very much like CloD...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

My thoughts too, I think its down to the fact they probably have access to some of the resources.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That one is from stopped MG project we used to call BoM.

BoS team inherited all models from it and they are importing some of them in their own engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Cheers/m
    Thanks to people like Mattias, there are a number of very important changes either completed or underway which will be introduced in the next release.

We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release.

But the patch is likely 2 months away. People will just need to be patient, as has been said many times, the team is made up of volunteers who have their own lives.

For example, our key coder is currently in the middle of a move to a new job/different country, which obviously means he has no way to continue his work until he is established in his new home.

But work continues and there will be something substantial and new for players by the end of the summer.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; May-27-2013 at 13:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ATAG protects the COD code to tell us that it is against cheating (it's blah blah blah ...)

Neither ATAG or TF own the original code and cannot and does not protect it from anyone.

Last edited by Mattias; May-27-2013 at 13:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mattis, allow me to trow in a word here:

If you manage to fix the radio-commands, you will probably see the community growing a lot. Or at least it will grow... you might not notice it, because this would be something that mostly offline-players would benefit a lot from. I know that Desastersoft is planning to make some more add-ons for CloD, and I know they would sell very well with a fixed radio-comm-system!

I don`t need working radio-coms as i am a online-player only, but I know that you would make a lot of people very happy with this...

Very true. I spent a lot of time offline myself before daring to enter a server
    This is on our wish/to do list of course, but it's not an easy one.

Cheers/m

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Thanks to people like Mattias, there are a number of very important changes either completed or underway which will be introduced in the next release.

We also hope to introduce a bit of a revolution in Flight Sims in terms of enviroment with this release.

But the patch is likely 2 months away. People will just need to be patient, as has been said many times, the team is made up of volunteers who have their own lives.

For example, our key coder is currently in the middle of a move to a new job/different country, which obviously means he has no way to continue his work until he is established in his new home.

But work continues and there will be something substantial and new for players by the end of the summer.
    This is at least the second post , the other one on a diff. thread saying june or july. for patch . some people want every little thing as a new patch ! as we found out with MG ., Fixing one or more things in the game will almost every time f- something else up. keep the peace, stop the trolling it will be, when it's time..... an with days that are warm we tend to do our yard work, gardens etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Exclamation Re: Very quiet from TF?!

other people who have free time, as (Tiger33) (Jafa) is more

Look in il2 1946, no cheating?

Just my opinion Nacy:this is the death of COD with patch Team-Fusion every ten months.
    Nacy, your opinion is coming off as a troll post.

Team Fusion is under no obligation whatsoever to discuss, divulge, reveal, or otherwise disemminate any portion of their activity. They made this very clear right from the outset. If they choose to post any update then that's great, but they are unpaid volunteers of whom we have no right to expect any information other than what they feel prepared and willing to release.

The tone of your post above was rude and disrespectful. Please do not repeat this.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Cheers/m
    This is the best post in here! This is what i meant with my first post in this thread!

Mattias is there any chance you can post this and maybe make it a sticky thread?!
    I dont care WHEN the patch comes out but i think people are eager to know what kind of advancement has been made behind the locked doors of TF even if it doesnt even make it to a patch

It will keep people intrested and hopefull!

Personally i wonder if it would not be better to release many small patches as things are fixed.
    I dont want to seem ungrateful or impatient here because TF is semt from heaven in the flightsim world, but wouldnt many smaller patches be a greater strategy to keep people staying with CLOD instead of major patches more seldom??

Just thinking loud here no trolling intended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Kling, your posts are always well-informed, respectful, and courteous.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Kling, your posts are always well-informed, respectful, and courteous.

Thx bud.

Forum environments are dangerous because humans communicate to ca 90% via bodylanguage so posts that are meant to be read in a friendly or polite way can be misread as ungrateful or even attacking, especially questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Kling View Post
    This is the best post in here! This is what i meant with my first post in this thread!

Mattias is there any chance you can post this and maybe make it a sticky thread?!
    I dont care WHEN the patch comes out but i think people are eager to know what kind of advancement has been made behind the locked doors of TF even if it doesnt even make it to a patch

It will keep people intrested and hopefull!

Personally i wonder if it would not be better to release many small patches as things are fixed.
    I dont want to seem ungrateful or impatient here because TF is semt from heaven in the flightsim world, but wouldnt many smaller patches be a greater strategy to keep people staying with CLOD instead of major patches more seldom??

Just thinking loud here no trolling intended.

I agree with Snapper

I don't disagree releasing smaller patches more frequently would be sweet, but I personally think the content reaches you all faster when it's bundled in a few larger patches. The reason for this is that we want to test all changes as firmly as possible within the team. When we're playing, oh testing I mean , the modding itself has to take a pause.
    So, the more mods/changes/content we have for each testing period, the less time is needed per mod/change/content as they are tested parallely.
    At least that's the theory

Cheers/m
    Last edited by Mattias; May-27-2013 at 14:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

I agree with Snapper

I don't disagree releasing smaller patches more frequently would be sweet, but I personally think the content reaches you all faster when it's bundled in a few larger patches. The reason for this is that we want to test all changes as firmly as possible within the team. When we're playing, oh testing I mean , the modding itself has to take a pause.
    So, the more mods/changes/content we have for each testing period, the less time is needed per mod/change/content as they are tested parallely.
    At least that's the theory

Cheers/m
    Makes all sense!!
    Thx for clarifying that

Cheers Mattias

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast