Thread: Hello

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello

Hi All, new pilot here with a looooooooong list of questions (which I wont post here) Absolutely loving this sim... really dont know why it has had so much bad press over the years.

I have been flying sims since back in the Aces over the Pacific days and spent the last 12 years flying the various incarnations of Il246 until I blew the graphics card on my laptop and had to 'sigh' upgrade my rig

Have only installed clod:b so far - really looking forward to Tobruk when I get the chance. Sadly I cant really fly online anymore... long story, but basically I live in rural NZ, have no phone line and rely on an expensive and wholly unreliable cellphone connection to get any sense of the internets sometimes I have 1 bar of 3G... sometimes I just have G.... I dont even know what that is, except to say it is rubbish lol. It took 24hrs to download clod:b via hotspot, but I got there in the end.

I hope you dont mind, but I will be picking your collective brains to fine tune and tweak what appears, so far, to be a very satisfying flying experience.

Cheers
    R33GZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Hello

Hi Reegz,

Welcome to the forum and game!
    I afraid the bad press comes from the early release back in the day and the fact that there is some people that loves to complain and will use any excuse to do so.
    The fact is that the current state of the game is great (of course, with shortcomings and some bugs left here and there) and is a very entertaining game.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Laser, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Welcome, Reegz!

By all means, fire away with any and all questions you have. We're here to help!

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi R33GZ.........and congratulations on living in such a beautiful country. My wife and I managed to grab a six week touring trip around both south and north island about 4 years ago and loved it! Though, of course, I couldn't fly CLoD during the holiday so wasn't dependent on the wifi! Just as well, by the sound of your woes. I do hope you manage to stay with us and gets some stick time in because CLoD is a real gem!

I've been flying since 2015 and haven't really found much to complain about. The sim does what it says it will...and in my opinion pretty damn well! Hitches? Never had any! I just fly....and die! Ha ha!

I'm sorry multiplayer is difficult for you but if you ever fancy 'a come back' (apparently even Sinatra will be flying CLoD soon!) jump on Team Speak and come and say 'hello.' There is a very fine bunch of chaps here in our unique community and we have some great times. Good luck with the wifi and, as Snapper says, fire away with those questions! Salute!

7. Likes danperin liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

Welcome R33GZ,
    Yep, it’s a great sim. Like many here I have them all, but this is the one that I keep coming back to. It has real character. I recommend grabbing the Tobruk add on as soon as you can. It adds a great set of flyable aircraft that you simply don’t see in other sims, along with additional single player campaigns. Enjoy!
    ATAG_Bubba

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi m8 and welcome from across the ditch. Just so we are up front, there is no mention of Rugby in this forum.
    Lot's of good resources in the various forum threads or just post a question and usually some1 will know where to point u.
    Above all, have fun. Lot's of great single player material until u have better internet access.

No Rugby, none, at all, ever !
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

11. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Hi m8 and welcome from across the ditch. Just so we are up front, there is no mention of Rugby in this forum.
    Lot's of good resources in the various forum threads or just post a question and usually some1 will know where to point u.
    Above all, have fun. Lot's of great single player material until u have better internet access.

No Rugby, none, at all, ever !

Shsssshhhh! We are not supposed to mention rugby!!
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

13. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Ha haaaagghhhh! LoL! Salute!