Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

Hey Boku

a squad-mate had problems after a recent windows-update. Can't tell if it was this one tough... Will ask him!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by boku View Post
    Excuse me, Is there anybody who encounter launcher.exe crash after latest .net framework upgrade (.NET Framework 4.6.1, KB3102433)?
    I want to know whether this problem is happening only on me.
    My environment is Win7 home premium 64bit, CloD Steam version.
    I'm having launcher crash on joining the ATAG Multiplayer Server since doing some Win7 updates & also updating DirectX and .Net this weekend. So it is potentially the same issue. I detailed the issue and steps taken to find a resolution on this thread.

I'm running the latest mod (4.312) but also Win7 SP1 64bit, so there are some similarities there.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Three things to add to the CloD crashes - Master list:

After refreshing my Win7 install and getting IE working properly, I found that CloD had a NEW problem. This time it was hanging up on the initial splash screen (the little airplane with "MOD" written in front of it). This happened consistently with all versions as I stepped through installing all the Team Fusion mods.

In every case, there was no error or crash--it would just freeze and never continue with the splash video or reach the menu.

It turns out that the root problem is similar problem to the Internet Explorer issue I was having. The problem there was that the Windows Update system was corrupted. Various version of IE were half installed and half un-installed, leaving the system in a state where it wouldn't allow you to install the updates because of corruption, but you couldn't UNinstall them either (because they are not listed as installed) to clear out the corrupted or half-installed versions.

This time the problem was with the .NET framework. I ran the installer in the redist subdirectory, but it would never complete. I ran the installer that now comes in Windows Update for .NET with the same result. I tried downloading and running a few installers that I found online on the Windows web site with the same result.

I ended up following directions like those found here to eventually clean up the previous partial installs of .NET and solve the problem.

Troubleshooting is hard without any error messages - and how you can get SOME error messages related to CloD problems
    By the way, my clue to the fact that .NET was the core problem, is that I had another program that was malfunctioning at the same time. The big difference was that the other program actually exited with an error message that told me what the problem was--.NET framework not installed. (In this case it was the EDTracker software; it doesn't really matter what it was though--important is that it was software that gives a proper error message when it's failing instead of just hanging/freezing indefinitely!) At that point I knew what to do to solve the problem. When the problem is as vague as "It's hanging up" you don't even know where to start . . .

One of the difficulties of troubleshooting CloD is that it does not usually give helpful error messages when it crashes. This leaves you fumbling in the dark quite a bit. One technique that is helpful here is to take a look at the Windows "Event Viewer" - search for "event viewer" or "event log" in the Windows start/search area to find it, or look in your "Computer Management" tool.
    Last edited by TWC_Flug; Feb-18-2016 at 17:21.

4. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Angry Re: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

This is a 1st post as I cannot get CloD to run (although it did previously) and I would like to download the CloDer.exe file.

6. Likes odin3009 liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Smile Re: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomann View Post
    This is a 1st post as I cannot get CloD to run (although it did previously) and I would like to download the CloDer.exe file.
    OMG it works again! Painful, but ok. Now to tackle the ATAG patches.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Continu0, flug,
    Thank you for responding me.
    (I think) I successfully dealt with the new windows updates thanks to flug.

But interestingly, it turned out that my launcher error is caused by a gamepad.

After some diagnostics, I realized a change in my environment from last stable launch of CloD.
    The change was that I recently got playstation2-USB gamepad converter (JC-PS101UBK,ELECOM).
    And I confirmed that CloD fails to launch only when the converter is plugged.

I think that the problem is related to directinput, a part of directX.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Thank you ATAG team

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Here is yet another potential launcher crash, usually on brand-new installation, with a few potential solutions:

Here is a typical problem report from this post:

Haven't been able to start the game once. I'm trying to run the Steam version under windows 7 64 with a nVidia 560 ti. The launcher stops working after a couple of seconds with the problem signature below. I've done the crc check on the steam files, installed all the redist folder using admin, yet nothing seems to help. I also don't have AVG.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: launcher.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4d6e3d08
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4ba1dff4
    Problem Signature 07: 2b79
    Problem Signature 08: 14
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 7177
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

In the event log, I found the following:

Application: Launcher.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException Stack: at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPr opertyValue(System.String) at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_I tem(System.String) at maddox.Properties.Settings.get_nativeDLL() at maddox.Launch.leoX1TikeyJJcUgeaug(System.Object) at maddox.Launch.rv7PqTB6t() at maddox.Launch.Program(System.String[]) at Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])
    The crash occurs immediately on launcher start, before the yellow crosshairs or "mod" appear. The primary error appears to be "System.IO.FileNotFoundException".

I had this problem on initial install of IL2 CLOD on a new computer.

Suggestions for solutions I've seen:

1. Go into the "redist" subfolder and reinstall all the various components CLOD needs (.net, directx, visual c, etc)

2. Make sure your anti-virus is disabled for files in the CLOD folder

I think these are suggesting, at least, the direction of the problem. Either some needed library, dll file, etc is not installed properly OR something (like an antivirus) is preventing it from loading.

In my case, the solution was slightly different but related. I had just jumped in and run launcher.exe directly from the install folder because that is how I usually run it once it is installed and running correctly. (First launch Steam, log in, then double click the launcher.exe directly in the install directory.)

However, this didn't work on first-time installation because steam automatically does some fancy install procedures when you run from within Steam but NOT if you just click on the launcher.exe directly.

So when I finally thought to start Steam & run CLOD from within Steam (the way God & Steam intended, apparently), the first thing Steam did was run through the various install procedures and after that everything worked just fine. And now it runs just fine whether I launch from within Steam or click directly on launcher.exe.

So I add solution #3:

3. Run CLOD from within Steam, at least the first time around, so that all needed libraries etc are automatically updated & installed.

11. Likes ATAG_Freya, farley, BOO liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

Help I have just bought from steam and it doesn't work

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Quote Originally Posted by peaky97 View Post
    Help I have just bought from steam and it doesn't work
    Hi peaky we will need more detail of your problem. Have you done this?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.52 MB

posting so i can download CloDer.exe

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.57 MB

posting so i can download CloDer.exe

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I still don't understand why people need CloDer. The TF MOD is supposed to fix the W8/10 incompatibility.

17. Likes Vlerkies, Baffin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.57 MB

Hello Guys

I am having a real difficulty sorting out this problem. The game launches fine and runs great for a few minutes - then crashes the computer, which requires a restart to function again. It's same outcome in single or multiplayer mode.

My computer is about a week old and was bought specifically for CloD. Spec is:
    ASrock H170A-x1/3.1 motherboard, 16GB DDR4 , I5 6500 3.2Ghz CPU, GTX970 4GB GPU, 144hz G-sync monitor.
    OS is Windows 10 Home with all updates. TF Patch 4.312

I have tried Mastiff's and Philstyle's Nvidia settings to no avail and always clear the cache and run as administrator. I have reloaded the game and re-installed the patches too. I've also tried most of the tips above - at least the ones I can understand !

There is a conflict somewhere I guess .... but I am at a loss as to how to find it. I'd be grateful for your advice as to how best to fix this.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by cseddon View Post
    Hello Guys

I am having a real difficulty sorting out this problem. The game launches fine and runs great for a few minutes - then crashes the computer, which requires a restart to function again. It's same outcome in single or multiplayer mode.

My computer is about a week old and was bought specifically for CloD. Spec is:
    ASrock H170A-x1/3.1 motherboard, 16GB DDR4 , I5 6500 3.2Ghz CPU, GTX970 4GB GPU, 144hz G-sync monitor.
    OS is Windows 10 Home with all updates. TF Patch 4.312

I have tried Mastiff's and Philstyle's Nvidia settings to no avail and always clear the cache and run as administrator. I have reloaded the game and re-installed the patches too. I've also tried most of the tips above - at least the ones I can understand !

There is a conflict somewhere I guess .... but I am at a loss as to how to find it. I'd be grateful for your advice as to how best to fix this.
    If the entire rig is crashing im tempted to say have a look at your temps and the heatsink contact on your CPU and do a memory check overnight. im assuming your PSU is powerful enough to run the 970 and that its not on a stupid OC? If other games such as BOS run fine them im talking out of my hat.

However, you say "have to restart" so is the PC hung or have you just got a black screen? A system crash would(should) give you a blue screen with a reason for the crash. If the game is exiting to back screen, check that right clicking your mouse doesnt bring back the desktop. If it does, check for what is causing it. In my case it was either ever pestering JAVA update BOS, ROF conflicts (although i doubt this) or steam constantly telling me about some BOS pack offer or other (i dont know which as i deleted the lot in temper and this solved my problem).

If it is something like this, clicking the mouse will often also clear the message so you may need to do some research into logging processes if it is still happening asfter all the notification you can think of have been delat with.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.57 MB

Many thanks Boo

Since your post the GTX970 has given up the ghost altogether so I'm thinking its that. I clicked the graphic 'OC' panel for the card out of interest and got an immediate black screen. Upon restart the rig goes to black screen.

Ive returned the card and ordered another one (different make). As regards the PSU I have a 550W which should be adequate ... but I ordered a 750w jic. New kit should arrive tomorrow so I'll give CloD another shot then.

Regards

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by cseddon View Post
    Many thanks Boo

Since your post the GTX970 has given up the ghost altogether so I'm thinking its that. I clicked the graphic 'OC' panel for the card out of interest and got an immediate black screen. Upon restart the rig goes to black screen.

Ive returned the card and ordered another one (different make). As regards the PSU I have a 550W which should be adequate ... but I ordered a 750w jic. New kit should arrive tomorrow so I'll give CloD another shot then.

Regards

Chris
    Well heres hoping it sorts it!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Exclamation Re: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

when i install a patch, the game wont even start at all it doesnt even show a crash message.

Windows 7, 6 gb ram, ATI radeon 4600 1gb, intel core 2 quad 2.66 ghz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    47.1 KB

thanks sirs for info , i keep getting app crash

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to download (Mod 4.0) into (IL-2 Cliffs of Dover) on a windows 10 os . I've tried everything I can think of, different browser i.e. (internet explorer, firefox, chrome. I'm stumped.
    Can anyone please help me get this thing off the ground.
    Sincerely Scott (call sign Hackles)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by hackles64 View Post
    Hi, I'm having trouble trying to download (Mod 4.0) into (IL-2 Cliffs of Dover) on a windows 10 os . I've tried everything I can think of, different browser i.e. (internet explorer, firefox, chrome. I'm stumped.
    Can anyone please help me get this thing off the ground.
    Sincerely Scott (call sign Hackles)
    Make sure your anti virus is switched off - windows defender is a pain as it will restart by itself and mess up the download - im sure there is a way to switch it off for longer if you google it.

The mod 4 patch comes in two parts - if you have downloaded it in a zip file, unzip it and you will see the installer and another zipped file. Just run the installer - do not unzip the other other file.

Finally, if you look a little way down this section of the forum you will see a thread by 1/JG51 Molders - there is a link to his sqdns webpage where you can download both parts spearatetly and without the need to do the initial unzipping.

Regards

BOO

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Hi!

I tried many times to make this game working, and I also gave up many times
    Last time I tried was last year and I don't know why but I decided to give it a try again today...

I always have the same issue: The crosshair splash screen/logo appears and disappears almost immediately. Then nothing!
    I'm on windows 7 64bits, I tried uninstall/reinstall the game, to uninstall net framework/reinstall from the redist folder, reinstall directX, I uninstalled the windows update KB2670838, uninstalled my printer...

I don't know what to do and I don't want to reinstall my computer for this... so maybe I will give up again...

I activated the logs and here is what I got:
    ------------ BEGIN log session -------------
    [13:48:06]
    [13:48:06] =================================================
    [13:48:06] System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    [13:48:06] at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    [13:48:06] at fGqJKx7vyFfq9wCw4LO.3faUNj7n3jpLjfAEkio.IftGiv0zXk ggGirajKxp(Object , Object )
    [13:48:06] at fGqJKx7vyFfq9wCw4LO.3faUNj7n3jpLjfAEkio.GyibN8KTU3 f()
    [13:48:06] at dskhevpleVp3TjkuGm4.58mfcWpsRfvmwI1AZ1j.j6hD88mAQJ ubqoj3RDM7(Object )
    [13:48:06] at dskhevpleVp3TjkuGm4.58mfcWpsRfvmwI1AZ1j..ctor(Stri ng , oOIDlj8xeUkaIBFuX4i , String )
    [13:48:06] at dskhevpleVp3TjkuGm4.58mfcWpsRfvmwI1AZ1j.F5JLrkmVcV d(String , oOIDlj8xeUkaIBFuX4i , String , Int32 , Int32 )
    [13:48:06] at V1fu7Es3aEv6dsornhT.75H4Fss1k2Re6hsAGXs.wAQkTyyvE5 1()
    [13:48:06] at vBCGsYHeul7fLrMykgX.PMUv7hH2KpMm4dnuyeJ.dLQjPoeRUq Mcb1Ag1HCB()
    [13:48:06] at vBCGsYHeul7fLrMykgX.PMUv7hH2KpMm4dnuyeJ.BgrbMvvRb6 R(4mbaGO1hAWA
    If anybody has an idea
    I don't really expect miracle anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Suddenly, neither my shortcut nor the launcher.exe will start CloD. Double clicking on either one starts that little blue circle spinning for a couple of seconds, then it quits. The only thing I have done recently is de-fragged the hard drive. Could that be the problem?

Sure would like to begin flying, hope there is an answer out there.

Thanks
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks but i am still getting the installer requires pre requisite version error.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for create patch

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    200.33 MB

Thank you Worked for Windows 10 64bit

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman_515 View Post
    Hi!

I tried many times to make this game working, and I also gave up many times
    Last time I tried was last year and I don't know why but I decided to give it a try again today...

I always have the same issue: The crosshair splash screen/logo appears and disappears almost immediately. Then nothing!
    I'm on windows 7 64bits, I tried uninstall/reinstall the game, to uninstall net framework/reinstall from the redist folder, reinstall directX, I uninstalled the windows update KB2670838, uninstalled my printer...
    This sounds most similar to the issue outlined in message #63 above, ".NET framework issues cause CloD to freeze/hang on splash screen". The error given "System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format." is definitely a c# error, which makes me think of .NET, too (c# is a .NET language).

So you might try the remedies given in message #63, which involve the possibility that your .NET framework installation is messed up.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.05 MB

posting so i can download CloDer.exe thanks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Hi all. So I'm new to this community, having a problem with crashes mid game. Game launches fine, frames are great (using all the TF patches up to 4.312) but then the game will lock up solid. I usually get a few minutes of play in, at high and low altitudes over cities and countryside, with no noticeable hits to frame rate so I'm hesitant to blame the freeze on graphics.

Running Windows 7 64-bit, on AMD R9 390 gpu, and AMD FX-9370 Black Edition @4.41 Ghz, with 16Gb Ram.

Anyone else hear of anyone having a problem like this and know what they did to fix it? Again, I have no issue launching the game, I only get the crash mid play.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne556 View Post
    Hi all. So I'm new to this community, having a problem with crashes mid game. Game launches fine, frames are great (using all the TF patches up to 4.312) but then the game will lock up solid.
    You seem to suffer from the classical case of Windows Update KB 2670838

Check this thread

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast