Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What new game ON-events would you like to see?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Re: What new game ON-events would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Too late for TF5, but maybe there is another way to do what you want. What is the scenario?
    Oskar,

It's basically, I'm a live pilot flying with a squadron of AI bombers, and I would like to have notification when the AI bombers have dropped their bombs.

It looks like it can semi be done with airGroup.hasBombs(), so that might be good enough. You just have to keep checking it and note when it changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post
    Oskar,

It's basically, I'm a live pilot flying with a squadron of AI bombers, and I would like to have notification when the AI bombers have dropped their bombs.

It looks like it can semi be done with airGroup.hasBombs(), so that might be good enough. You just have to keep checking it and note when it changes.
    I think you could check S_BombReserve for individual aircraft. If you want a listener use OnBombExplosion and check if the AiDamageInitiator is an AI aircraft.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    I think you could check S_BombReserve for individual aircraft. If you want a listener use OnBombExplosion and check if the AiDamageInitiator is an AI aircraft.
    Aha, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    293.36 MB

Something I loved from the Operation Flashpoint, and ARMA is the ability to add a trigger/zone/field/marker for "random".

This would allow us to have side missions/camps/targets spawn in a random area/marker.

In addition could we have an "exclude" Trigger/zone/field/marker

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

So we had another great idea for an "onevent" but coming to the thread, you already have it listed!

So, great minds think alike:

OnCrewPositionSwitch()
    Pass the player name, the aircraft (or actor), the crew position switched into
    We were trying to figure out how to determine which of the two positions a player can inhabit, they player is actually "sitting in" or "looking out from" right now. Thread:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...320#post349320

So it looks like this would be just the ticket.

But thinking a bit more, it would be nice to have notification whenever the player changes views more broadly.

Say they were inside the plane and switched to an outside view, or that zoom-around view, or to a view of another friendly aircraft or enemy aircraft or another object in the area. It would be nice to have that notification whenever they change to any of those view, or for that matter, when they pop out of their aircraft to go to the flag screen or whatever.

So "OnPlayerViewChanged".
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12