Thread: Master one aircraft for fly them all - what do you do?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Master one aircraft or fly them all - what do you do?

Just curious as I always hop into whatever side has the fewest planes flying online. As a result of am not a master of any of the aircraft I fly. For the most part I can hold my own but there are definitely some better pilots out there that can do all kinds of things with their aircraft that I can't. Just wondering if those folkes fly/master one aircraft.
    Last edited by SamJoDo; Apr-24-2014 at 11:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Master one aircraft for fly them all - what do you do?

Ive stated my "creed" many times over TS and a few times on the forum:

I love aviation. I love all aircraft. Ive payed for a game with more than one available aircraft to fly. I believe it makes me a better pilot to know the bits and tricks of all aicrafts, knowing their strenghts and weaknesses. I love to fly them all.

Give me a spit, a 109, a G50, a Heinkell, give me something with wings and i will do my best to fly it to its strenghts.

S!

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SamJoDo View Post
    Just curious as I always hop into whatever side has the fewest planes flying online. As a result of am not a master of any of the aircraft I fly. For the most part I can hold my own but there are definitely some better pilots out there that can do all kinds of things with their aircraft that I can't. Just wondering if those folkes fly/master one aircraft.
    hard to say. i think it comes down to actual stick time rather than hopping around. but thats just my 2 cents. as for lolsav i am sure he has hundreds if not 1000s of hours in each variant.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post

I love aviation. I love all aircraft. Ive payed for a game with more than one available aircraft to fly. I believe it makes me a better pilot to know the bits and tricks of all aicrafts, knowing their strenghts and weaknesses. I love to fly them all.

Give me a spit, a 109, a G50, a Heinkell, give me something with wings and i will do my best to fly it to its strenghts.

S!
    OK, I give you the tiger moth

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Incog View Post
    OK, I give you the tiger moth

Just place a machine gun on the bestie and ill fly it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

When I started with the game I said to my self "Stick with one until you master it". Needless to say I'm still in the same plane

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

As above...I stayed with pretty much the Spits 99% of the time....I have flown Hurris and the Blennie and have been in the 109 for just few hours...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

I fly all the planes, for the most part, and get a lot of enjoyment out of the versatility.

Also, it's good to know your enemy's capabilities.

How would you know what plane you like the most if you haven't tried them all?

Cheers

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I tend to stick with the Spits and have over 2000 hours in them but currently familiarisng my self with the 109 variants on server 2, SP missions, etc and balance sides if necessary.

I tried a few MP sorties in the Blenny and 109 B types last year and really enjoyed them - taking a different bird is quite nice challenge (untill the screen goes black that is!........).
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post

S!
    +1 on that one Sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Get your money' worth try them all. You can't say you know this game unless you have! Who cares about mastery, its about fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My statement on this topic is: If I had the time.... and guess what comes afterwards...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Salute and Howdy

I'm a master one then learn another kind of guy. My problem seems to be as soon as I get comfortable with flying a preferred plane a different variable is discovered and it's like learning to fly all over again. Truth to tell, I like to have one planes characteristics so second nature I don't have to worry about re-learning it before I move on to another aircraft. The real problem is I don't have the time to devote to flying one and learning another so I just stick with what I know.

Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There's like 3 fighters to fly. Does it really take that long to learn one?
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

It's easier to learn how to fly a plane well when you know how to shoot it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

If you are very new to Flight Sims, and to CLIFFS OF DOVER, then I would suggest sticking with one plane to start.

The Hurricane is a very easy plane to takeoff, land, fly and shoot in. It very easily outturns the other types. But it is handicapped by lack of speed.

Once you feel comfortable in the one plane, then move onto flying the rest.

Be aware out of the 3 main fighters, the 109 is probably the most difficult aircraft to fly successfully. It requires an understanding of tactics and positional flying which the turn fighters do not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by atag_colander View Post
    when i started with the game i said to my self "stick with one until you master it". Needless to say i'm still in the same plane

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

G-50.

If you fly, and specially land well this "beast" fly in anything.

Sokol1

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

I've been flying online for about 3 weeks and only flown the 110, so I must be a master the plane type of bloke (or crazy). It's a 1 trick pony as someone posted a while back but I'm enjoying trying to learn the 1 trick and survive. Very satisfying when it works which isn't often and takes discipline to stick to the game plan.

If the beau ever becomes fly able then would prob fly that as well. I'm a big fan of the Blenheim (unsung hero of early war for the RAF) but don't seem to be attracted to the fighter variant at the moment.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    If you are very new to Flight Sims, and to CLIFFS OF DOVER, then I would suggest sticking with one plane to start.

The Hurricane is a very easy plane to takeoff, land, fly and shoot in. It very easily outturns the other types. But it is handicapped by lack of speed.

Once you feel comfortable in the one plane, then move onto flying the rest.

Be aware out of the 3 main fighters, the 109 is probably the most difficult aircraft to fly successfully. It requires an understanding of tactics and positional flying which the turn fighters do not.
    Yes.. totally agree, I've been trying to learn the 109 and it's been tough, the skilled 109 pilots are very very very good in this game, I'm envious.

I suggest the Spitfire 1a 100oct for anyone new.

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Dutch

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you enjoy the experience. Learn to fly all of them if you have the time, but if you don't....ermmm...don't. Just pick your favourite one. It's up to you, not everyone else.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am astounded at the amount of folks who can only fly 1 plane well, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that of course. Most guys flying this just fly a couple or even just 1 of the planes and are satisfied to their heart's content! In the thousands of hours playing this sim I have learnt to fly every one of the planes competently and it really increases the enjoyment you get from each one of these airframes. You learn to appreciate facets of the sim that you were never aware of.

I am neither one of the die-hard blue 109 pilots or a devout Royal Air Force player; I can fly all the planes in the game well and enjoy every facet of the game that I have paid money for and that many have strived so hard to improve.

Another angle I see this issue from is that flying all the planes is the only way to see things fairly and to have an non-biassed appreciation for historical accuracy. Without any name calling here, there are individuals with distorted perceptions who tirelessly push for a personal agenda, complaining about plane's performance. In fact there were some appalling posts made recently that demonstrate this. One only has to see the irrational and unsubstantiated claims to see that only those who can enjoy all of the airframes are in a fair position to make such calls. While this is a small issue, the main point here is that I have found some of this behavior very rude to Team fusion.

Going back to the topic, I think DROCK's rationale is sound and he's said it all... knowing your enemy is the only way to get maximum combat performance. That means being able to fly those planes good. Above all though, being able to enjoy all facets of the game and fly all the bombers, fighters and ground attack planes well is just monumental fun! It makes flying each one so much more enjoyable. Give 'em a try guys- go take out a g50 or do some level bombing in a blenheim, you will kick yourself for not having done it earlier. Don't know how to fly the plane well or use the LotFe? Ask the atag flight school or someone to show ya. There are too many guys who are more than willing to help, just give us a yell anytime!
    Last edited by trademe900; Apr-25-2014 at 08:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I have to admit, I spend about 95% of my time in my Hurricane - there's so much to learn with just one aircraft, and it fits like a well worn sock after a year or so wearing it, complete with a few holes that I really should get round to darning.

Having said that, I've tried most aircraft over the time, and also particularly like the Blenheim and 110. Of the two I prefer the 110, lovely sound, seems a bit more airtight than the rattly Blenny I've tried the 109 a few times, and I really just don't like it - genuinely I feel cramped! Who'd have thought you could get claustrophobic in a sim! The G50 was fun, but way too wobbly for my reaction times, and same goes for the Spit - I just love the solid firing platform the Hurricane gives you.

On a good day you can still hear the rumble of the Merlin flying overhead.