Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update 25th April

Hood

Update 25th April

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...project_update

I only hope the Ukraine problem is resolved mainly of course for the peoples of Ukraine and Russia but I can see this type of business being hit by sanctions.

Hood

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    163.3 KB

Re: Update 25th April

Drawings for the manual look terrific, mostly the 30 mm. 'motorkanone' MG108!

AA_Engadin
    Reality is everything that happens when you run out of battery. But it also can be an alteration of the perception due to a forced lack of alcohol, though. Should both coincide in time, a plan B is compulsory to overcome a deadly overdose of reality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ilya's enthusiasm is showing through on this update: "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Nice!!!

Today’s update is a small miracle.

By late night Moscow time, as we decided to take some screenshots, we realized that the game’s WIP render stopped working for everyone. Programmers responsible had already gone home hours before. I began writing an apologetic update, and then, somehow, someway, our ingenious junior aircraft programmer managed to get the game working on his machine.

So, I’m very happy to present to you the 109 in combat.

(please note that his version of the 109 has many animations not working, such as landing gear and propeller arc, and has a lot of other system stuff showing. We decided not to mess with his development environment because time is very precious)

On the development front, most of the tasks this week had to do with the cockpit and the sound. The 109 is beginning to sound very mean and very authentic. Our wonderful sound engineer also wrote an incredibly rousing theme for the 109, but I won’t be posting it just yet. The wonderful composer, talented but naïve in the ways of the world, submitted the latest version with a background sound effect of a certain historical leader reading a speech to a rousing roar. We’ll make sure it is removed of course, but this being late Friday night in Moscow, it won’t happen today.

Other than that, the tasks remaining for the 109 are, in that order: finalize and test cockpit procedures; finalize sound; DB 605 engine tuning for medium and high altitudes; finalize manual; overall testing; finalize external animations; finalize damage model visuals; finalize flight performance; create game interface.

The plan will likely change, especially in the smaller sub-tasks that I am not listing for each major step. However, the first two tasks (sound and cockpit) should complete next week, and DB 605 tuning, unless something goes horribly wrong, should take be done, well, so quickly that I cannot even force myself to write out the task duration publicly. And then, ladies and gentlemen, we’ll just need to test this here thing for serious and crash bugs for as long as it takes that to ensure they do not exist.

The biggest task for the coming days for me personally is to finish up the 109 manual. There’s not much work to be done, just write out all cockpit procedures and make sure all the buttons and checklists are correct. Shooting to have the manual finished by, oh, May 10th.

I’ll wrap this up with a couple of beaaautiful diagrams done for the 109 manual by our very talented graphic artist.

The manuals are looking very spiffy. Cannot wait to see them in print!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Chuck_Owl; Apr-25-2014 at 16:28.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Not bad for vapor ware!
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Really? Vaporware? I guess we will see when it's released, eh? Or won't it be released?

I've had enough of this negativity and my game your game, my side, your side remarks.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I might be wrong, but I would bet that the same guy who made the landscape-textures for CloD is still working with Ilya. And I like that very much! I think the way they approach to picture that virtual world is well balanced and looking very realistic!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    113.86 MB

I'm a big believer in competition and hate monopoly's , but wouldn't it be cool if the code guys
    at DCS , CLoD and BoS traded hints and tips.
    The results could be so awesome that some of us old farts would be dying of heart attacks in our computer
    chairs as a result of the emersion and realism !

Just a thought

Doozy
    Gigabyte MB, I7-4770k @ 4.3, GTX 770 4gb , 16GB DDR 3 ,Vizio 32" , Antec 750w PS , Saitek X 52 Pro , Saitek Pro Combat Pedals , Track ir 4 pro 5.0 drivers
    Twelve Pack Miller Lite

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_J-HAT View Post
    Really? Vaporware? I guess we will see when it's released, eh? Or won't it be released?

I've had enough of this negativity and my game your game, my side, your side remarks.
    Sarcasm bra

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Great update. Things seem to be coming along very nicely. The 109 cockpit looks awesome.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That 109 pit is seriously looking nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Thats the landscape from DCS i assume? Not the landscape being developed for DCSWW2!??

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Thats the landscape from DCS i assume? Not the landscape being developed for DCSWW2!??
    Yes thats DCS terrain, not DCS WW2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TheVino3 View Post
    Yes thats DCS terrain, not DCS WW2.
    thx. I don't play DCS so wouldn't know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That means it even gets better? Coooool!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    Sarcasm bra
    More like an idiotic comment.

Tell me how is it vaporware when they provide updates every week and is progressing no matter how slow.
    i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 11 Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    More like an idiotic comment.

Tell me how is it vaporware when they provide updates every week and is progressing no matter how slow.
    No, no, no. Broodwich was making sarcastic reference towards the detractors of DCS: WW2 and the Kickstarter program. His intent was to show that DCS: WW2 is NOT vapourware at all, but actually rolling along very well.

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come off very well on forums compared to the spoken word.

EDIT: Note for everyone - please, before jumping all over another forum member, please do a quick 2-second check. Click on his nickname, then click on "forum posts". Within a split second you will see, in this case, that Broodwich is a strong supporter of DCS: WW2 and an investor in the Kickstarter programme. It will then instantly put relevance into his "Not bad for vaporware" comment and clearly show the ironic sarcasm intended.

For those making a sarcastic comment (not advised, but we all do it), best to use quotes to show that the term being used is not actually yours. ie. Not bad for "vaporware"! This statement may still be misunderstood, especially if English is not your challenger's native tongue, but the quotes will usually better illustrate the sarcastic context and avoid folks' knickers getting tied up in knots.

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Apr-26-2014 at 10:38.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I so really hope they come up with a B 17 or something similar. And make this a complete combatsim. I will be all over it. The scenery is standard DCS , witch lack some things to be up to date , but totally adequate and good for fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lol seriously. Guys are acting like my woman

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    For those making a sarcastic comment (not advised, but we all do it), best to use quotes to show that the term being used is not actually yours. ie. Not bad for "vaporware"! This statement may still be misunderstood, especially if English is not your challenger's native tongue, but the quotes will usually better illustrate the sarcastic context and avoid folks' knickers getting tied up in knots.

Not bad comments for a "Rookie"!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

<sarcasm> he didn't mean it - really </sarcasm>
    Last edited by Old_Canuck; Apr-26-2014 at 16:04. Reason: updating pseudo-html tags
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Well if I wrote things half as badly as many here do at BOS section in here I probably get banned, but in BOS section it is just constructive critisism.
    It is a bit confusing at times

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    Well if I wrote things half as badly as many here do at BOS section in here I probably get banned, but in BOS section it is just constructive critisism.
    It is a bit confusing at times
    All anyone asks is that criticisms be accurate. For example, you mentioned that the screenshots you see are DCS terrain, but that is not the terrain we will have in DCS WWII. In fact, the whole graphical engine will be different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Yes I simply answered a question asked earlier, I find the current scenery good but not as good as CLOD and modded IL2. I have no problems with it. I know textures are to be better in the new sim. I personally think the effect is the worse part on this and CLOD, but both are improved or are to be.
    I also know keeping the standards of this game calls for great patience for us that want a bomber in this game.
    I expect not to be a user in this for another two years since I don't like flying P-51, FW-190 and BF-109. I have no critique what so ever to the debs for choosing these planes tho, they are popular, but for other than dogfight servers I really can't see any other use. Thunderbolt with rockets and bombs will be a treat
    Last edited by LuseKofte; Apr-27-2014 at 11:58.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Old_Canuck View Post
    <sarcasm> he didn't mean it - really </sarcasm>
    So confusing! Was that sarcasm? Or was it irony?

I thought sarcasm is when you don't mean what you say...but irony is when you don't say what you mean!

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by heinkill View Post
    So confusing! Was that sarcasm? Or was it irony?

I thought sarcasm is when you don't mean what you say...but irony is when you don't say what you mean!

H
    <joking>Is there another category for when you were just talking nonsense?</joking>

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That's one fine looking 109 cockpit, all that matters!
    LG1.Homuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Yes that pit must be the most beautiful ever made for flightsim in my opinion. And that might be a reason for try it

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    Sarcasm bra
    Sorry, Broodwich, I understood the complete opposite of what you meant.

Your comment was the last straw I guess
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Hood

Anyone received an update yet?

Hood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast